over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

social anxiety meds?

qbkilla

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
i started a thread about this a while back and got some great replies, but the thread is not coming up in any search :(

I have difficulty being myself, and being outgoing in social situations (company gatherings, dates out, going out around a large number of people). I tend to be very quiet which i am not nomally. I wont go up and approach people, and am very awkward and not myself when approached, and do not feel comfortable speaking up in work meetings where it is more than three people or so.

I am not sure if this is social anxiety or what, i do not have any physical symptoms it is just mental.

I am wondering what kind of doctor i should see to get an appropriate medication for these situations (not a daily medication)< and what type of medication would be good for this?

Thanks for any help

You should research kratom. It helps with all that and is 100% natural. The sponsor undergroundsupps.com here sells it.

Taking dope/meds for anxiety is the beginning of the end. Ask anyone who is prescribed Xanax, in the beginning it'll work for you, then it'll work against you. Just like any drug. It's a bitch to quit too.
I know how you feel, I used to use opiates because they worked. Then they worked against me. Now I'm just fighting to stay off.
It's normal to be anxious and nervous. It's a part of being human.

i started a thread about this a while back and got some great replies, but the thread is not coming up in any search :(

I have difficulty being myself, and being outgoing in social situations (company gatherings, dates out, going out around a large number of people). I tend to be very quiet which i am not nomally. I wont go up and approach people, and am very awkward and not myself when approached, and do not feel comfortable speaking up in work meetings where it is more than three people or so.

I am not sure if this is social anxiety or what, i do not have any physical symptoms it is just mental.

I am wondering what kind of doctor i should see to get an appropriate medication for these situations (not a daily medication)< and what type of medication would be good for this?

Thanks for any help

Yes you sound like you have social anxiety. I have had it since I'm 16. It usually manifests itself in the teen years. Meditation helps and a no junk diet with additional vitamins and minerals help too. Magnesium specifically helps. Benzo drugs like xanax help a lot but you don't want to rely on this and end up addicted to them.

Last edited:
not someone who is going to ever get addicted to anything, i dont even drink, never wanted to never cared to. supplements can be nice but not looking for a supplement just doctor prescribed med that me and my doctor can agree on, i know there are medications out there for this just not sure which ones are good and which are worthless. not looking for every day use either, just for work events, etc, large social gatherings.

Dude why would you ever want to depend on meds to be able to talk to people? Yes, social anxiety exists.. Even I have it sometimes and it's natural. The more you just say fuck it and be yourself, then the more it goes away and that's the only way it will. Sure you could take anti-anxiety medication, but what's that worth if you can't be yourself? It's all in your head:banghead:

Don't start taking benzo's. You can get physically dependant before you realize it and it can be very dangerous. Seizures are common with withdrawals & inability to sleep without them is for certain. I strongly recommend to find another way to handle this without any type of benzo.

not someone who is going to ever get addicted to anything, i dont even drink, never wanted to never cared to. supplements can be nice but not looking for a supplement just doctor prescribed med that me and my doctor can agree on, i know there are medications out there for this just not sure which ones are good and which are worthless. not looking for every day use either, just for work events, etc, large social gatherings.

If its just for occasional use take 1mg of klonopin before bed and the next day you will feel great all day.

thanks for any replies on medications, with all due respect to supplements im looking for a prescription med i can talk to a doctor about and has been tried and true, i am not a supplement person at all even for bodybuilding. just not my thing to be trying the new things.

i would rather have something i can take for social situations like a work outing, etc. not an every day thing if that helps.

anyone ever try zoloft? that is one thing that comes up on google when researching the topic

I feal your pain on this one ! Shit there was a time I could not pick up a phone and call a stranger and request a RA number. I worked my through it and over came the fear and still have to talk myself into sometimes. I was a shy as a kid and moved a lot when I was young so everybody was a stranger. I was bad at public speaking and took a public speaking class that was interesting to say the least and I froze a few times in front of 15 people. I learned how to cope with it is my meaning here and I learned not to over think it and to roll with it if a mistake was made not the end of the world. Look for alternate solutions to medication and you will be better for it in the long run, just like on the field practice makes perfect.

addiction is a strange thing, let me give an example...

Say you started taking xanax, and it worked great, made you have much less anxiety. Then after time, your anxiety starts to get way worse when you aren't on xanax. Then you start needing to take it constantly and at higher doses to fight the anxiety. Soon you in the most uncomfortable, panic attack like state you can possibly imagine when not on xanax, large amounts of xanax at that.

I've seen this happen to several people, it's a very, very nasty drug. Most people who stick up for xanax are actually xanax addicts, and there probably as many of them as there are pot smokers...

Ive got social anxiety pretty bad sometimes. The best advice I could give you is to keep working on your physical appearance. This builds confidence. Next and just as important is not to think about the situation that your going into. You wanna just live in the moment. If Im thinking about something socially stressful about work or school Im not gonna be 100% at my workout, preparing my food, in the shower, lying in bed, or doing anything fun. As soon as social anxiety thoughts get in your head, be like "Fuck that! Im not gonna be a lil bitch like that!" Don't take meds. despite what people say they do make you gain fat and like others said could lead you into an addiction where your doctor is your dealer.

i struggle with anxiety at times and started reading about kratom. the name sounded familiar so i did a quick search. i knew i heard of kratom in the news recently...

In July, a 20-year-old man committed suicide, jumping to his death from an Interstate xxx overpass.
There’s no clear evidence yet about what drove him to take his life, but his mother thinks it may have had something to do with an addiction to kratom, an herb used in teas that acts as a stimulant or, in larger doses, as a depressive.
She took her concern to county commissioners, who last week discussed whether to ban sales of the substance countywide.
While kratom can be addictive, there is no evidence that it is especially dangerous. No deaths have been linked directly to it, and the typical effects are mild
But as kratom becomes more popular as an alternative medicine and relaxant, it also is drawing more scrutiny. The federal Drug Enforcement Agency has placed it on its list of “drugs and chemicals of concern.

social anxiety can be difficult but like others have said in the long run much better to work at it on your own with limited drugs use.

just practice.

im a shy person and don't like large groups much but there is nothing wrong with that, I feel nervous quite often in social settings but just make the best and have fun with the people I like.

not all people are really worth knowing or talking to. lol!

having sales jobs really helped this years ago, first on the phone then in person, you have no choice but to over come your anxieties if you want to get paid!

Dude why would you ever want to depend on meds to be able to talk to people? Yes, social anxiety exists.. Even I have it sometimes and it's natural. The more you just say fuck it and be yourself, then the more it goes away and that's the only way it will. Sure you could take anti-anxiety medication, but what's that worth if you can't be yourself? It's all in your head:banghead:

That's very short sighted advice. There's a saying..."People take their own strengths and weaknesses for those of the world."

Your anxiety issue may be mild to moderate, but your able to handle it on your own. That doesn't mean that the OP has the same level or degree of anxiety that you do. What if someone was suffering from schizophrenia...Even though the anxiety isn't real, you wouldn't try reasoning with someone, saying it's all in your head! I do agree with you that meds shouldn't necessarily be the first choice in treatment depending on the diagnosis and degree of the problem.

To the OP, you should try talking to a therapist. There may be some mental / emotional exercises that will help you control the anxiety. Like others have said, Benzo's have strong addictive properties! Since you think you have a low affinity for addiction, I would recommend something like Kratom first, before a highly addictive synthetic.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bradyfan127
NapsGear