over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

I feel like a failure

AllLoadedUp

Registered
Pretty much what it says. Yes on one hand I should feel like a success. I have been on my own since I was 18. Been working for the same company for almost 22 years. So I'm stable. I make $50,000 a year. Not really much money but decent for the South and being a single person. I own my own place. So all that is good. But here is the bad. I'm almost 42. Never had a girlfriend. Well I thought I had one but from the first day I met her she was lying and cheating. So to me she was never my girlfriend. Still only one "supposed" girlfriend in 42 years. I can't get a date. I think women basically vomit when they see me. Sucks to say it but I am just ugly.

Then on top of all that my training is just not what I want. I weigh 285-290lbs roughly. But it just seems I look in the mirror and nothing ever changes. I swear I'm the same size I was at 240lbs with the exception of my gigantic head, neck and gut. I'm tired of people saying "do you workout"? And now I am going to need a surgery. I had an injection of kenalog put in my right bicep tendon a couple weeks ago. Pain had just gotten so bad I basically could not do much at all for my upper body. Waited a week before doing any thing heavy like the doc said. After the third heavy workout this week the pain is basically just as before. He said the only alternative after that is surgery. Which means unattaching the tendon and then reattaching it somewhere else to remove the stress that lifting puts on it. I really do not want to have another surgery. But its either that or quit lifting. No other option.

I just really look at the future and see absolutely nothing in it for me. I have no wife or kids. Too late for kids anyway at my age. No girlfriend or hell anyone that gives a damn. Yes I have family. But that's different. I mean someone who loves you not because of familial ties. I just look at myself and see a real failure. I mean its pathetic I can't even get a date. I have all the qualities that they say a woman wants in a man but nothing. That is the qualities a woman wants in a man who she also thinks is hot that is. You know I just wish I was dumb, had no personality, no sense of humor, was unemployed, broke and a scumbag. Being a great guy but being ugly just makes you feel worse actually. If I was a complete loser it would match the bad looks so much better. I go to sleep every night and I just ask God to not let me wake up. I just don't want to bother anymore with life. Sorry this is so long. I am venting I guess.

Bro, I can't say I feel exactly like you, because I dont. But your post really sounds a lot like what I feel like most days.
I think its our age that really plays a factor, your still vital but yet by societies standards you are no longer young.
It makes it especially hard in the dating realm. I am not ugly per se, but I am not good looking, I am like a window as far as women are concerned, they look right through me...and then here and there I get some attention but nothing serious. Most the women hate the muscles, and my tatoos.
Not too mention I look like and ex- con, but I am one, three times over. I dont make 50 K, I dont make close to that and never have despite working my ass off and having gone to school.
Like you I had a wife, she was a fucking phony- truth be told she basically was a super codependent bitch, who chose me because I was terrible with women and she thought that made me ripe for the picking- she was right- she was in love with another man early on in our relationship, after the divorce it was confirmed that she had been with this guy the entire time, she had put the full court press on me for marriage, because at the time (he was married) he had 'broke up' with her (my wife) and she wanted to make him fucking jealous by marrying me!
The whole 7 years was a sham, she is mentally a very sick person.
SO like you--the one big relationship I had was ONE BIG LIE.
I dated other women sure, but you do want that one good meaningful person- I know I do.

However. I have had to make peace with these things- life is not about guarantees.
I think about how I fucked my life up, and how I have had others like my ex help fuck it up even more and how I got to the point I am now.
Life is scary, and strange, but most of all unpredictable.

Now I think about what I do have. A job....a boss who respects me, good friends, my mother, my father, a place to live thats nice, my dog, a gym to go too.
Because in prison you have nothing.
I think people let society dictate to them - how they should live, and I decided long ago, I dont like society and I think the sick values that seem important to people nowadays are very illogical and convoluted.
Its hard at our age- you just think to yourself, wtf am I supposed to do now?
Confusion is what I feel on a daily basis.
Im not some holy roller bible beater, but I pray to god daily for direction and guidance.
What I can say about your post is this; you have a lot going for you, dont put yourself down- I know its easy to do that.
My other suggestion, is get the fuck out of the South, I live in the South as well.
The demographic is horrible, Tenn, NC, Va(south not DC area) SC, have to be the worst states to be in as a man- I live in the Raleigh area its 4:1 men to women here.
Even ugly chicks think they are hot or act that way - the absolute snobbery of the people here is astounding and the women take the cake.
When I have been in Fla, Ca, Md, DC, NY, NJ, the women are much more friendly and outgoing.
Fucking NC women are the WORST, and I grew up here.
My last two relationships were out of state N. Va, and Maryland- that should tell you about the Southern Snobby Bitches.
You sound like a good guy, all I can tell you is at our point in life it does feel like there isnt much left to do.
I know I wake up and feel the same way as you.
But like bodybuilding, I take it one day at a time and work hard at it, expecting results to come slowly and painfully but eventually you get there.
Try and remind yourself about what you have that others do not.
See the positives in life, in your life ( I know this is hard to do, I struggle with it as well)
Dood, you are not alone in your feelings, I think a lot of guys are out there feeling like we do, just none of them have the courage to say so.

I am by no means a ladies man, but I can tell you 100 percent that when it comes to women, attitude is everything. If you are down on yourself and lack confidence they do pick up on that. It's same as when you're having sex with one girl, other girls can actually pick up on the pheromones and it begins to rain women. So my best advice to you is to fake it until you make it as far as the women go. You'll see, just take a chance and it will snowball and before you know it you'll be totally comfortable. And whether you're ugly or not I have no idea, but I know some ugly guys who pull amazingly hot women because women go for confidence and they have it.

i feel you man, alls i can say is try to improve yourslef as much as you always can

Have you considered seeing a therapist??? I ask because a good quality therapist can be a useful tool... If you haven't tried it, it might be helpful and it shouldn't make things worse...

I've never seen ya so I can't say if you are or are not ugly brother...But you are not a failure. Most people go through this life with a smile on their face for all to see. But the way they go through this life, that is what matters my friend. Like ajdos said he had a women for 7 years that did nothing but attempt to bend and twist him to her needs. The world as a whole is turning into something I can barely stand to live in anymore. Making me want to move up into the mountains where I can escape the corruption.

I'm starting to ramble...But my point was based on all that you posted, You are a GOOD man, and GOOD people are few and far between these days. I would break bread with you, which is more than I can say for 99% of the world's population.

Don't give up brother, We can't afford to lose anymore decent people.

On the woman issue, have you tried any of the online dating sites? I hear people having success with this method.

Bro, I can't say I feel exactly like you, because I dont. But your post really sounds a lot like what I feel like most days.
I think its our age that really plays a factor, your still vital but yet by societies standards you are no longer young.
It makes it especially hard in the dating realm. I am not ugly per se, but I am not good looking, I am like a window as far as women are concerned, they look right through me...and then here and there I get some attention but nothing serious. Most the women hate the muscles, and my tatoos.
Not too mention I look like and ex- con, but I am one, three times over. I dont make 50 K, I dont make close to that and never have despite working my ass off and having gone to school.
Like you I had a wife, she was a fucking phony- truth be told she basically was a super codependent bitch, who chose me because I was terrible with women and she thought that made me ripe for the picking- she was right- she was in love with another man early on in our relationship, after the divorce it was confirmed that she had been with this guy the entire time, she had put the full court press on me for marriage, because at the time (he was married) he had 'broke up' with her (my wife) and she wanted to make him fucking jealous by marrying me!
The whole 7 years was a sham, she is mentally a very sick person.
SO like you--the one big relationship I had was ONE BIG LIE.
I dated other women sure, but you do want that one good meaningful person- I know I do.

However. I have had to make peace with these things- life is not about guarantees.
I think about how I fucked my life up, and how I have had others like my ex help fuck it up even more and how I got to the point I am now.
Life is scary, and strange, but most of all unpredictable.

Now I think about what I do have. A job....a boss who respects me, good friends, my mother, my father, a place to live thats nice, my dog, a gym to go too.
Because in prison you have nothing.
I think people let society dictate to them - how they should live, and I decided long ago, I dont like society and I think the sick values that seem important to people nowadays are very illogical and convoluted.
Its hard at our age- you just think to yourself, wtf am I supposed to do now?
Confusion is what I feel on a daily basis.
Im not some holy roller bible beater, but I pray to god daily for direction and guidance.
What I can say about your post is this; you have a lot going for you, dont put yourself down- I know its easy to do that.
My other suggestion, is get the fuck out of the South, I live in the South as well.
The demographic is horrible, Tenn, NC, Va(south not DC area) SC, have to be the worst states to be in as a man- I live in the Raleigh area its 4:1 men to women here.
Even ugly chicks think they are hot or act that way - the absolute snobbery of the people here is astounding and the women take the cake.
When I have been in Fla, Ca, Md, DC, NY, NJ, the women are much more friendly and outgoing.
Fucking NC women are the WORST, and I grew up here.
My last two relationships were out of state N. Va, and Maryland- that should tell you about the Southern Snobby Bitches.
You sound like a good guy, all I can tell you is at our point in life it does feel like there isnt much left to do.
I know I wake up and feel the same way as you.
But like bodybuilding, I take it one day at a time and work hard at it, expecting results to come slowly and painfully but eventually you get there.
Try and remind yourself about what you have that others do not.
See the positives in life, in your life ( I know this is hard to do, I struggle with it as well)
Dood, you are not alone in your feelings, I think a lot of guys are out there feeling like we do, just none of them have the courage to say so.
How ironic. I grew up in NC and have been living here all my life. You're right it absolutely sucks as far as women goes. At least for me it does. My situation with my "ex" even sounds the same as yours. She used me for 2 1/2 years to run back to every time the guy she really loved would break up with her. Like an idiot I would always take her back because I truly did love her. So it was really my fault for taking her back all that time. My sisters tried to warn me that she was no good. But like Percy Sledge said "loving eyes can never see". I wasted 2 1/2 years of my life. I don't think I will ever forgive myself for that. That is hard.

I am by no means a ladies man, but I can tell you 100 percent that when it comes to women, attitude is everything. If you are down on yourself and lack confidence they do pick up on that. It's same as when you're having sex with one girl, other girls can actually pick up on the pheromones and it begins to rain women. So my best advice to you is to fake it until you make it as far as the women go. You'll see, just take a chance and it will snowball and before you know it you'll be totally comfortable. And whether you're ugly or not I have no idea, but I know some ugly guys who pull amazingly hot women because women go for confidence and they have it.
My ex use to tell me that I was the most confidant person she had ever met. Confidence has never been an issue with me. But guess what it does not matter one bit. Confidence only matters if a woman thinks you are good-looking to begin with. If she thinks you are ugly then confidence as well as any other great qualities are meaningless. Besides in online dating a woman has absolutely nothing other than some pictures to go by. She can't possibly know if you are confidant or anything else.

Have you considered seeing a therapist??? I ask because a good quality therapist can be a useful tool... If you haven't tried it, it might be helpful and it shouldn't make things worse...
I have been to therapy before. I agree it can be useful. But I know I am not depressed. I know what depression feels like. I just simply do not see anything of value in this world for me anymore. And certainly not in the future.

I've never seen ya so I can't say if you are or are not ugly brother...But you are not a failure. Most people go through this life with a smile on their face for all to see. But the way they go through this life, that is what matters my friend. Like ajdos said he had a women for 7 years that did nothing but attempt to bend and twist him to her needs. The world as a whole is turning into something I can barely stand to live in anymore. Making me want to move up into the mountains where I can escape the corruption.

I'm starting to ramble...But my point was based on all that you posted, You are a GOOD man, and GOOD people are few and far between these days. I would break bread with you, which is more than I can say for 99% of the world's population.

Don't give up brother, We can't afford to lose anymore decent people.

On the woman issue, have you tried any of the online dating sites? I hear people having success with this method.
The only way for me to meet women is through online dating. My job precludes going anywhere Monday-Friday. And on the weekends the only place to go is bars or clubs. Which I hate. And I don't have any friends to go out with anyway. I have done the online dating thing and it is a TOTAL and complete waste of time. I send women messages and they view my profile and they never message me back. They look at my pictures and are grossed out and that's the end of it. So what do you do man? I have no clue anymore.

How ironic. I grew up in NC and have been living here all my life. You're right it absolutely sucks as far as women goes. At least for me it does. My situation with my "ex" even sounds the same as yours. She used me for 2 1/2 years to run back to every time the guy she really loved would break up with her. Like an idiot I would always take her back because I truly did love her. So it was really my fault for taking her back all that time. My sisters tried to warn me that she was no good. But like Percy Sledge said "loving eyes can never see". I wasted 2 1/2 years of my life. I don't think I will ever forgive myself for that. That is hard.

Yeah bro I beat myself up for it too, I had a feeling but never had any proof, I always chalked it up to being some sort of paranoia or insecurity but in reality it was my gut telling me I married a whore.
NC is abysmal, you go to a dating website in NC its two things, snobby ass girls that look average.
Fat disgusting, desperate women who would make your dick shrink like swimmming in ice water.
This place sucks, I totally put dating on hold, I wont even go out with these wastes of time- and Im an ex con.

Seriously though,,,try out toa of badass. anyone can be good with women. Its all about confidence. Tons of ugly guys getting women....mc jagger is only ugly dude and look what he has...same with aerosmith lead singer...doesnt look good but he gets women

OP are you fat? if so, get lean. becoming lean does incredible things for facial aesthetics.

and there's no such thing as "too ugly" to get girls... there's a guy with treacher Collin's syndrome who has a girlfriend lol.

keep your chin up, run a gaining cycle and then a cut cycle with some DNP.. get a tan (melanotan) and get a shave/haircut.

id be willing to bet that you aren't ugly, you just aren't maximizing what you have.

AJ is absolutely correct about NC. I have family down there, Ive gone out with my cousin and even some of the worst looking/personality chicks are snobs. Charlotte was the only city I found enjoyable. ...I even turned down a good job in NC.

OP - you are NOT a failure. But YOU have to tell yourself that. It will seem insane at first - and honestly in the beginning it doesn't even matter if you believe it - but you need to make it a daily discipline to compliment yourself. Sounds like a bunch of BS I am sure - but if you do this you will be blown away by the results. Every morning - regardless of how you feel - the VERY FIRST thing you do is spend a few minutes just thinking about how awesome your life is. It doesn't matter how small - FOCUS on only the good things. Adjos was EXACTLY right - he mentioned things that he was grateful for and guess what that's the ONLY things that are worth thinking about. I don't know you - but you have huge balls to come to a ton of strangers and gut yourself. That's something man - and look at the positive responses!! PM me if you would like a list of some good reading that will help you man. I am pretty bad about checking messages and sometimes I go a while without coming here so don't take it as me ignoring if it takes a while. Just know that you are no less deserving of everything great in life than anyone else man!!

you want to know who's a failure? Allen Iverson aaaaahahaha smh

OP are you fat? if so, get lean. becoming lean does incredible things for facial aesthetics.

and there's no such thing as "too ugly" to get girls... there's a guy with treacher Collin's syndrome who has a girlfriend lol.

keep your chin up, run a gaining cycle and then a cut cycle with some DNP.. get a tan (melanotan) and get a shave/haircut.

id be willing to bet that you aren't ugly, you just aren't maximizing what you have.

Really great advice in this entire thread. I agree with working with what you have. If your big and not lean. Get lean. Then dress the part. Dress like you love yourself and your proud.

One you get these all in check, get some professional pictures taken and make a really good dating profile. Your sure to get responses then if your not already getting the opportunities in your outside life.

AJ is absolutely correct about NC. I have family down there, Ive gone out with my cousin and even some of the worst looking/personality chicks are snobs. Charlotte was the only city I found enjoyable. ...I even turned down a good job in NC.

Charlotte seems to have a lot of good looking single women....BUT every one of em thinks that the man they get should have them sipping gin on the front porch of a house parked on Lake Norman.
High dollar gold diggin bitches.
They are just as snide and shitty as any of em, they act like Charlotte is some big city pfft! I guess they havent been to DC, NY, Philly, Miami, SF, or LA.
Charlotte would be a burb compared to most of those, shit I think Rockville MD is bigger.

I used to be one is the most insecure, self hating, woman fearing guys around.

After a few years I decided fuck this, these are my actions causing my miserable existence so I'm going to change it.

I got big,

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GhostriderTX
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner