over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

ADVICE ON ACCEPTING SOMEONE TREATING YOU RIGHT

angel617

Registered
I know it sounds weird, but when you're used to being treated like crap, unappreciated, etc. it's actually hard to accept when a guy is legit being nice to you. I find myself throwing my guard up like crazy. Anyone else ever experience this?

i attract evil, vile people. but im attracted to sweethearts.

I would suggest stop dating/hanging out with assholes.. but given the context of your question, im assuming you're female.. so we both know that's not going to happen

cuz they're so 'alpha' #iheartbadboyslol

I know it sounds weird, but when you're used to being treated like crap, unappreciated, etc. it's actually hard to accept when a guy is legit being nice to you. I find myself throwing my guard up like crazy. Anyone else ever experience this?

Your still a girl or have the mind set of one. Grow up.

:yeahthat:

Did you come from a dysfunctional household? If so you really should get therapy. It took me until my early 30's to get help and I'm glad I did. I always wondered why my relationships suffered until I was told that what I thought was normal, wasn't normal or healthy.

Some pretty harsh responses here. angel617, you probably have attracted "bad boys" or a-holes for most of your dating life and now you found a guy that's probably actually a decent guy. It would be good for you to try to work it out with him and work toward learning to trust while you're still young (I assume you're young).

If these patterns go on too long, you will find yourself at a much later age looking back and string of hurtful or abusive relationships that never went anywhere.

Don't fall into that pattern. You are worth a good person and you deserve a good relationship. Don't settle or fall into anything less.

What OTH said is good advice. You need to set the bar high for yourself. But if you know you have a problem then you should address that first. I don't like to tell anyone what they should do especially because I don't know your story but for me when I was an unhealthy person both mentally and physically a relationship was the last thing I needed. Once I addressed my issues other parts of my life started to fall into place.

Almost all hot women loved being treated like shit. I've never had a woman leave me forever for cheating on her, or treating her like shit on the bottom of my shoe.......but I have had women leave me because I genuinely went out of my way to care for them and they lost respect for me.

It's immature women (or girls I should say) like the OP who ruin things for the genuine good women out there who do appreciate a nice guy and want to be respected. You think us guys like treating y'all like garbage? ? Not really...we just wanna get laid.

Last edited:
Almost all hot women loved being treated like shit. I've never had a woman leave me forever for cheating on her, or treating her like shit on the bottom of my shoe.......but I have had women leave me because I genuinely went out of my way to care for them and they lost respect for me.

It's immature women (or girls I should say) like the OP who ruin things for the genuine good women out there who do appreciate a nice guy and want to be respected. You think us guys like treating y'all like garbage? ? Not really...we just wanna get laid.

Your full of shit. Any hot woman can have a guy of their choice. Why would they pick a loser like you? I bet you don't even have a girlfriend.

Last edited:

My first line of advice is as follows. Don't come to an unhealthy place looking for input and/or advice on your health.

Moving on, yes, I have found myself in a position similar to yours. I was born and raised extremely poor. The very long story abridged is that when I found myself reaching for better things in life, I was not prepared for the long acclimation process to a completely foreign society. I didn't know how to trust or even love properly. I certainly didn't think that I deserved love. I wasn't emotionally marred or socially inept, merely unfamiliar and untrained in the proper mental and emotional responses required to maintain a healthy life and relationship(s). These mundane, basic functions of most peoples everyday life escaped my experience. Beyond that, I was simply never taught.

Your full of shit. Any hot woman can have a guy of their choice. Why would they pick a loser like you? I bet you don't even have a girlfriend.

right thats why women never stay in abusive relationships ;)

to answer your question, just got out of a relationship couple weeks ago, legit 8/10..called her a worthless bitch all the time, was a horrible boyfriend to her...and even when I was treating her like shit on the bottom of my shoe I still had her begging me to marry her and have kids with me. More than welcome to meet up with me for drinks sometime with your phone and we can compare our conquests ;)

Every hot chick is used to having guys blow smoke up her ass. She may say she wants a man to treat her with respect , but when that guy finally comes along she thinks he's a pussy. This is especially true with insecure women.

what you gonna tell me, all hot women are secure :rolleyes:

Last edited:

way to set an example of maturity lol..

but I digress. Didn't you marry an eastern European woman? it seems like there is a growing trend of American men doing that..

definitely for good reason too

Some pretty harsh responses here. angel617, you probably have attracted "bad boys" or a-holes for most of your dating life and now you found a guy that's probably actually a decent guy. It would be good for you to try to work it out with him and work toward learning to trust while you're still young (I assume you're young).

If these patterns go on too long, you will find yourself at a much later age looking back and string of hurtful or abusive relationships that never went anywhere.

Don't fall into that pattern. You are worth a good person and you deserve a good relationship. Don't settle or fall into anything less.

Yeah, people can be harsh but whatever. Anyways, you're spot on. I think sometimes, sadly, when you're used to being treated a certain way you start to think you're not worth more than that. Then when someone comes along who loves you for you, and treats you amazing, it's hard not to question it or ask if they are being sincere.

Thank you for your response and for being kind. :)

My first line of advice is as follows. Don't come to an unhealthy place looking for input and/or advice on your health.

Moving on, yes, I have found myself in a position similar to yours. I was born and raised extremely poor. The very long story abridged is that when I found myself reaching for better things in life, I was not prepared for the long acclimation process to a completely foreign society. I didn't know how to trust or even love properly. I certainly didn't think that I deserved love. I wasn't emotionally marred or socially inept, merely unfamiliar and untrained in the proper mental and emotional responses required to maintain a healthy life and relationship(s). These mundane, basic functions of most peoples everyday life escaped my experience. Beyond that, I was simply never taught.

Lol, yes I suppose. I'm new to this board and was just testing out the waters and figuring out what to expect. Now I know better. =)

I guess I've never known what it was like to be in a healthy relationship. Was never taught as my mom was never in one either. So, didn't really have the best role models growing up.

Thanks for sharing.

I've had it happen to me.

The only way I got through it was to let my guard down, which was a challenge.

It was rewarding though.

Glad you got a few serious responses.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GhostriderTX
NapsGear