over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

ADHD Help!

ironceltic12

Registered
I've had terrible ADHD for as long as I can remember. It wasn't up until college that I realized I needed to be medicated for it. I've tried all the medications and typically like vyvanse. I don't take it on the weekends and I never take it in the summer. The problem I have is that I absolutely hate the stuff, but it simply works. It makes me irritable, mood swings, and other things like sleeping all weekend when I don't take it. I'm in my last semester of college and would really like to get away from it but need something to help me out tremendously. Has anyone else been in this situation? Any suggestions? I really am in desperate need of some help. Thanks guys

I have the same question. I have a script for adderall although I don't use it. I'm trying to find another solution. It really effects my learning...

Weed always helped me..

And I dont mean getting stoned out of my mind.. a few therapeutic hits before class and thats it..

It always slowed me down just enough to concentrate.

There is a big difference between use and abuse and lazy ass pot heads give weed a bad rep!

No longer smoke due to my current situation but ohhhhh boy I wish I could.

Theanine might be a good addition to take some of the edge off. I use it with my adderall fairly often.

Speaking of Vyvanse (which I've used before), don't believe the claims that it's sustained release. It's not. Mood swings could potentially be the comedown. I used to split them by pouring half into water in the morning, then take the other half capsule at midday.

And sorry, I have searched longingly for years for an alternative, and I have not found one.

You'll have to see what works for you.

I've seen people get better with lots of coffee, others with weed.

Proper breathing is very underrated, but can be very helpful.

Have you tried nootropics?

I know a few people who prefer to split up their vyvanse dose by opening the cap an pouring half of it into some juice in the morning and taking the rest around mid day.
Helps keep that "cranky" comedown feeling at bay and since the noon dose is only 1/2 dose, sleeping at night isn't really an issue

ADHD isn't real, no one likes paying attention in class or studying, it's hard for everyone. Your definition of "hard" is just different.

(edit)Let me phrase it this way so no one freaks out: Everyone has some degree of ADHD, just like everyone has some degree of every physiological disorder.

Last edited:
ADHD isn't real, no one likes paying attention in class or studying, it's hard for everyone. Your definition of "hard" is just different.

(edit)Let me phrase it this way so no one freaks out: Everyone has some degree of ADHD, just like everyone has some degree of every physiological disorder.

Not sure if I disagree with you or not.

I do believe it is over-diagnosed AND I am convinced that the information age has had a negative affect on peoples attention spans. I am convinced that the internet and constant bombardment of information has changed the way our brain develops and this manifests itself with ADHD symptoms.

Real ADD / ADHD can be regulated with a diet free from processed foods and sugar. Additionally, self control activities like meditation or just turning off your phone and going for a 20 minute walk outside can have tremendous benefits.

I've had terrible ADHD for as long as I can remember. It wasn't up until college that I realized I needed to be medicated for it. I've tried all the medications and typically like vyvanse. I don't take it on the weekends and I never take it in the summer. The problem I have is that I absolutely hate the stuff, but it simply works. It makes me irritable, mood swings, and other things like sleeping all weekend when I don't take it. I'm in my last semester of college and would really like to get away from it but need something to help me out tremendously. Has anyone else been in this situation? Any suggestions? I really am in desperate need of some help. Thanks guys

I think the best advise would be for you to consulate with your Phys/therapist and get the right dosage or a combination of meds.
Just my .02 cents

I think the best advise would be for you to consulate with your Phys/therapist and get the right dosage or a combination of meds.
Just my .02 cents
I already have tried just about every combo of ADHD meds there is. I really just want an alternative that doesn't have those side effects. I've played with nootropics a bit, but there are so many types that it's hard to know where to begin.

Most of real life requires the need to be observant of your surroundings. Some are more so, and are better suited for jobs that require broad observation and multi tasking. People who are labeled ADD make great engineers.

Most of real life requires the need to be observant of your surroundings. Some are more so, and are better suited for jobs that require broad observation and multi tasking. People who are labeled ADD make great engineers.

agreed, we just need to learn to teach these people differently, not drug them up

I feel like people who are more ADD definitely excel more at certain careers then others. I just need to find what career interests me the most or I'm going to be to bored

Let's make this real easy: Get a urine or plasma catecholamine test. It looks at adrenalin, nor adrenalin, and the ADD, ADHD chemical DOPAMINE. Your idiot doctor probably never heard of it. Too low dopamine =ADD; ADHD = high dopamine. ( Could also be allergies, but try this first). Also avoid glutamic acids, MSG, etc.

Then we upregulate with dopaflo from APEX Energetics, or down regulate with Dopatone capsules. Easy, right?! Doc J

agreed, we just need to learn to teach these people differently, not drug them up

If it were real, I would have it bad lol.
In times were I need to focus on one thing Ill drink a cup of coffee.

But so true. Most people with "ADD" can be the best managers.

I dealt with canine aggression. You have to see what the entire dog is doing to read it well. I could see what the head,feet and tail were doing at the same time. But i could never learn to do coading for a computer :)

I feel like people who are more ADD definitely excel more at certain careers then others. I just need to find what career interests me the most or I'm going to be to bored

What do you do now? If you harness your ability to notice everything. You could make a great manager in the field you're in.

Let's make this real easy: Get a urine or plasma catecholamine test. It looks at adrenalin, nor adrenalin, and the ADD, ADHD chemical DOPAMINE. Your idiot doctor probably never heard of it. Too low dopamine =ADD; ADHD = high dopamine. ( Could also be allergies, but try this first). Also avoid glutamic acids, MSG, etc.

Then we upregulate with dopaflo from APEX Energetics, or down regulate with Dopatone capsules. Easy, right?! Doc J

what????
lol!

dopamine too low equals add?

too high = adhd....

did you just smoke an isolated alkaloid of erythroxylum novogranatense?

:eek::eek:

LMAO !

The dopamine hypothesis for ADHD’s neurological mechanism is the most probable and studied theory. It is based on a malfunctioning or decreased functioning of the dopamine system in particular regions of the brain. Dopamine activity is essential to the motor and cognitive functioning of the brain and the malfunctioning of even a single part of this system causes a wide range of neurological symptoms (Coccaro et al. 2007). The dopamine hypothesis of ADHD, which is still being studied, is specifically based on the malfunctioning of the D4, D2, and other particular dopamine receptors in the brain in addition to abnormally low or high levels of dopamine in the brain in general (Shaw 2007). As a result of malfunctioning dopamine receptors and abnormal levels of dopamine, the symptoms of ADHD are often exhibited as recent studies have shown.

These are just a few of a multitude of studies that provide evidence for the dopamine hypothesis:

Coccaro et al. conducted a study, in the Department of Psychiatry at the University of Chicago in 2007, in which they determined a relationship between dopamine activity and ADHD symptoms by testing chemical levels of plasma homovanillic acid in both healthy and ADHD symptomatic patients. An inverse correlation between the level of dopamine activity and exhibiting the symptoms of ADHD was determined, meaning the less dopamine activity in the brain, the more ADHD symptoms that were shown.

Hmm the test sounds interesting

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GhostriderTX
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner