over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

best friend passed away

PeterBobJohn

Registered
Not to sound childish but he was my 'best friend'.
45 years old died from a sudden heart attack. he worked out and was in great shape
what did we have in common that kept us such close friends?
weightlifting, talking about dieting, talking about AAS, we had similar family lives as well.
It crushed me and its had an effect upon my desire to go and even workout.
I have no drive and half the time when I leave the gym I am in almost tears
he was my source as well, the only one I trusted so that's another issue.
any advice? I need to get my desire to workout back.
thanks in advance
PBJ

Sorry to hear about your loss. The best way to get through this is get into that gym. Get that workout in. Honor his life and your memories by continuing on doing the things you two both shared and loved to do. You know that is how how your best friend would want it. You two obviously shared great times together. You need to stay strong and continue on in his honor. You can get through this. Time heals all wounds. Keep your head up and stay positive and you will pull through this.

Last edited:
very sorry for your loss.

my advice: it hurts. it is a common human emotion when something like this happens. it is inevitable. and it is ok to show you are hurt, and that you are grieving. but do not stop remembering him and do not stop going to workout. it is something you both had in common. i bet he would not want you to stop going just because of him. when you walk into the gym, lift for the both of you. you will remember the good times you had, and that will keep him alive to you. remember, he is not really gone if you have something to remember him by. keep pushing on, every day will get a little bit easier. but just because his body is gone, does not mean his spirit is. keep his spirit alive in you.

thank you two for the inspiring thoughts.
I was looking at working out the wrong way, I can honor him by working out. that is great stuff guys, thank you so much

I was looking at working out the wrong way, I can honor him by working out.

exactly. keep doing something you both loved doing together. lift for the both of you.

it is ok to grieve and let it out bro, don't forget that.

I have another question related to this:
Visiting my friend's widow. I was never that close with her other than saying hello or good bye we never talked.
I don't know if I should call her or ever stop by. I feel like I should but I don't want to upset her.
what do you guys think?
thankyou again

I have another question related to this:
Visiting my friend's widow. I was never that close with her other than saying hello or good bye we never talked.
I don't know if I should call her or ever stop by. I feel like I should but I don't want to upset her.
what do you guys think?
thankyou again

yeah this can be tough. but, besides his family, you are kind of her last link to him (if they did not have kids). me personally, i would stop by. i would bring flowers or something, nothing extravagant. but i would simply tell her i am very sorry, offer your support, and maybe give her your number or email address and tell her in case she needs anything you are willing to help. if she takes you up on it, she knows how to get in touch with you. that i think is the most you can do at this point.

Last edited:
thank you that is a great idea.
I will be stopping by within the next couple of days.
thanks again for the great advice.
PBJ

When you visit her let her know how much your friend also meant to you and you know how much his family meant to him. I'm sure she would like to hear that she was important in his life enough that he even let his friends know how much her and the kids meant. This will also help ease her heavy heart. Sometimes just sharing something small takes a bit of that pain away just that much faster. You sound like you have a good head about this. Remember now it's up to you to keep him alive in your heart and celebrate the great times you two did have. I lost my dad over 15 years ago and just talking about my memories and good times keeps him alive in my mind everyday and can still put a smile on my face. Your gonna come through this I have no doubt even stronger. You got the right attitude!!!

When you visit her let her know how much your friend also meant to you and you know how much his family meant to him. I'm sure she would like to hear that she was important in his life enough that he even let his friends know how much her and the kids meant. This will also help ease her heavy heart. Sometimes just sharing something small takes a bit of that pain away just that much faster. You sound like you have a good head about this. Remember now it's up to you to keep him alive in your heart and celebrate the great times you two did have. I lost my dad over 15 years ago and just talking about my memories and good times keeps him alive in my mind everyday and can still put a smile on my face. Your gonna come through this I have no doubt even stronger. You got the right attitude!!!

thanks again, you have a great way at looking at things. its amazing how your point of view of an issue or incident can completely change the impact it has on you

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GhostriderTX
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws