YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Any Dr's or people knowledgeable on Bipolar 1 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HelloKitty

Newbies
The last 15 yeas has been a constant roller coaster in and out of Hospitals and psych wards. What a Nightmare Bipolar is. I was self medicating and now finally accepted it. I am on quite a few diff meds and feel normal and level headed instead of like a ship rocking back and fourth.

This is a serious disorder and it sucks...I am still jogging and pray I dont have another manic bipolar episode. I was a mess for 2 weeks about a month ago. Anyone else have Bipolar and if so what helps you control it?

Thanks.

Unfortunately, my x-wife was diagnosed with bipolar disorder (hypomania/depression). It's not an easy illness to live with, or around…but you already know that. A major pitfall she had…once she got the proper meds/dosage sorted out and she improved…she thought she didn't need them anymore…which started another emotional roller coaster ride and caused her to self-medicate through recreational drugs. What finally helped her was finally being honest and actively involved (taking ownership) in her therapy.

Be honest with your psychiatrist, and find a therapist (group or individual) to talk to on a regular basis. Like many, she still struggles at times, but remaining on her meds and attending group therapy has helped arm her with the right psychological coping tools and group support. As with any other occupation…not all doctors and therapists are the same. Make sure you find one that specializes in your disorder and make sure your personality clicks with him/her…to help build a solid foundation of trust between you both.

Back to the meds…as with AAS, not all patients respond the same to psychoactive/psychotropic medications and dosages…and a patient feels like a chemistry test tube, trying to find meds with sides they can cope with. As for AAS, if you are cycling, please be carefull…as I'm sure you are aware of the unhealthy mood-swings many athletes endure post cycle…even with PCT.

I wish you well…PM me anytime if you have any questions or just need to talk to someone.

Last edited:
Dream Big thanks so much for sharing man. It's embarrassing and for 15 years I been on a roller coaster. I finally accepted it and take meds as prescribed and I feel better. I have a good relationship with this psych dr unlike in my past. I no longer self medicate and again I am feeling ok. Last episode was 2 weeks and scared the hell outta me.

Thanks again DReam Big.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bradyfan127