over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

My Mother's support (NOT)…

Sassy

Featured Member/ Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Background: my parents have never been very happy about my bodybuilding lifestyle. It has become the elephant in the room that we just agree to disagree on.

I just thought I would share this. I think maybe some of you can relate. I changed my FB cover photo to this photo. I received this FB Message from my mother:

Mom: "I do not like the picture at the top of your Facebook. It looks painful. <cry emoticon>"

Me: "it's really not painful at all. It's a hurt so good feeling… :) "

Mom: "I was hoping you would take it down and put something a little prettier."

:banghead: :banghead: :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Stronger.jpg
    Stronger.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 532
Oh the humanity! My mom disapproves of my lifestyle, but I never stop selling myself, and I never sell myself short.

See my post on arthritis… I have a new found appreciation for my bodybuilding lifestyle.

Arthritis

I used to catch flak all the time about my lifestyle. She never has anything nice to say about the way I have stuck with it since I started at the age of 16 and I am now 43. So I had to be rude about it. I told her until she is in better shape than I am keep her mouth shut. Since then I haven't heard a peep. Weak people always like to knock those of us that are mentally and physically strong. I use it as fuel to feed the fire inside. Don't let her negative comments affect you. Use it as fuel to ever further your goals.

Last edited:
If you are referring to the lifestyle which includes using illegal substances like AAS, I don't know any mother that would support that. Especially when you see many BB dying at 40 something. Who wants to see their child do that? It also is illegal whether you like it or not. However if you are referring to BB just the physical aspect to it I think most parents would support that. I think the problem is unfotuntaly a few BB get so obsessed and engulfed in to the lifestyle that they themselves don't see how it impacts them negatively. As in all the money they pour into it, isolate themselves, make it their priority in life to the determent of many other things, etc.

Such huge double standards these days... It's ok to say a girl that's muscular is gross but it's fat shaming and bullying to say anything about an overweight person. Kill urself eating mcds but how dare u live a healthy lifestyle and try to improve urself...

Looking great if you ask me. Keep pushing yourself and don't let anyone, friends or family tear ya down. It can be hard at times, but you look fantastic so keep up the good work and keep doing you.

My mother is the same way. More or less concerned for my health. She complains about the foods I eat and the amount I eat. She's a vegetarian thanks to those stupid documentaries on Netflix. Always telling me my blood pressure must be through the roof or my cholesterol is all out of whack from all the eggs and red meat. Finally I went in to get blood work done (while on cycle mind you!) and the numbers all came back within range. It was so hard to refrain from screaming "eat it motherf*cker!" As I slammed the papers on the table but I managed. She read through them while eating an entire pint of Ben and Jerry's..... Hypocrit... But she means well and I love her!

My mother is the same way. More or less concerned for my health. She complains about the foods I eat and the amount I eat. She's a vegetarian thanks to those stupid documentaries on Netflix. Always telling me my blood pressure must be through the roof or my cholesterol is all out of whack from all the eggs and red meat. Finally I went in to get blood work done (while on cycle mind you!) and the numbers all came back within range. It was so hard to refrain from screaming "eat it motherf*cker!" As I slammed the papers on the table but I managed. She read through them while eating an entire pint of Ben and Jerry's..... Hypocrit... But she means well and I love her!

LMFAO! I just visualy imagined someone telling there mom to "eat it mf'r"....unreal.:D

My parents never understood bodybuilding but they are accepting. Every show I do the first question my mom asks is " So that's it, this was the last one ?" and it drives me nuts lol. They only attended 1-2 of my shows, they are "boring" according to them. And my dad, well he thinks its funny that grown man make faces to show their muscles in a thong lol, he knows whats involved as he is PHd biochemist. He saw my natural supplement stack and was telling all kinds of things about how they are bad or not even needed, if he saw my super supps :eek::eek:

Im lucky i am married to a woman who loves the lifestyle and is accepting of what is involved, because of her support I cant really complain about not having supporting parents. Oh well.

But I love my parents to death lol

My Mom always gives me shit about it..... She's old school Italian and every time I got over there she wants to stuff my face...... she loves how I look but doesn't want me to get "bigger" says i'll look disgusting..... I stay away during contest preps and she gets pissed at me.. LOL.... she's just from a different generation and doesn't understand so I don't bother explaining anymore...... she doesn't "get it" and never will.... Still LOVE her to death.... When she says negative stuff I'll flex and say "You wanna touch these bad boys"?? (referring to my biceps).... she cringes and says "Ewwwww"!!!..... too cute

Do you have more of the average joe type people and family than bodybuilders???

Then yea take that shit off.... I'm personally sick and tired of my own meat head friends who tag themselves at the gym every day saying chest and tris.... back and bis....nobody gives a fuck. And then they post a pic of their chicken and rice followed by a shirtless selfie.... their Facebook is nothing but bodybuilding meat head shit like they got nothing ele....don't be that guy....unless you are a pro or a serous bodybuilder who has potential

Then yea take that shit off.... I'm personally sick and tired of my own meat head friends who tag themselves at the gym every day saying chest and tris.... back and bis....nobody gives a fuck. And then they post a pic of their chicken and rice followed by a shirtless selfie.... their Facebook is nothing but bodybuilding meat head shit like they got nothing ele....don't be that guy....unless you are a pro or a serous bodybuilder who has potential

I agree. All wanabes and losers seeking attention. It's funny because 99% of the time they have very mediocre builds.

Instagram/FB has created a whole army of idiots who feel the need to tell the world about their lives. Especially this "fitness" people, they are the most annoying of them all

I agree. All wanabes and losers seeking attention. It's funny because 99% of the time they have very mediocre builds.

Instagram/FB has created a whole army of idiots who feel the need to tell the world about their lives. Especially this "fitness" people, they are the most annoying of them all

It's just really unattractive... especially when you are a grown ass man !

The thread starter is a girl but I couldn't agree more. I pretty much unfollow people who do that on facebook or instagram. I don't give a shit about a stranger's one month leg progress where you can't even tell the difference between the before and after pics. I also unfollow people who just post food pictures all day. I'm sorry but I just don't care, yet I won't say anything. The unfollow button comes in handy a lot (however I will happily look at fitness/bikini girls "glute progress" pics). Then again, I post pics of myself enjoying myself with friends or family, so if that annoys people, they can unfollow me.

Last edited:
The thread starter is a girl but I couldn't agree more. I pretty much unfollow people who do that on facebook or instagram. I don't give a shit about a stranger's one month leg progress where you can't even tell the difference between the before and after pics. I also unfollow people who just post food pictures all day. I'm sorry but I just don't care, yet I won't say anything. The unfollow button comes in handy a lot (however I will happily look at fitness/bikini girls "glute progress" pics). Then again, I post pics of myself enjoying myself with friends or family, so if that annoys people, they can unfollow me.

Damn, just realized OP is a girl... It's even worse then LOLL ! My personal opinion of course. some guys might be into that

I agree with you guys, unless someone is very impressive it gets annoying to see the same kind of pictures every week.

my parents are both very supportive of all aspects of the lifestyle :confused:

guess I lucked out

I used to catch flak all the time about my lifestyle. She never has anything nice to say about the way I have stuck with it since I started at the age of 16 and I am now 43. So I had to be rude about it. I told her until she is in better shape than I am keep her mouth shut. Since then I haven't heard a peep. Weak people always like to knock those of us that are mentally and physically strong. I use it as fuel to feed the fire inside. Don't let her negative comments affect you. Use it as fuel to ever further your goals.

You are right..
Skinny dudes are so jalous when there wife keep staring at my chest..
So the only thing they can do is talk shit...
I used to rage about those fucks but now I like it. I use it as fuell.
The more the haters hate the more I want to be bigger hahaha:star-wars

^ don't get confused... when i see a massive ass on a girl, ill look too but doesn't mean I'm attracted to them...if those skinny dudes wives are attracted to you then that's something to talk about

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GhostriderTX
NapsGear