over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

18 y/o stepsone

sparks1420

Registered
Newbies
ok long story short my 18 going on 19 stepson joined the gym when he was early 17..now going on 19 he still expects me to buy supplements and pay for all his food, when i say all his food he's able to out eat me..its getting ridiculous and btw its a one family income.. when do i say enough is enough get a job to support this hobby

ok long story short my 18 going on 19 stepson joined the gym when he was early 17..now going on 19 he still expects me to buy supplements and pay for all his food, when i say all his food he's able to out eat me..its getting ridiculous and btw its a one family income.. when do i say enough is enough get a job to support this hobby

At 18/19 - tell him immediately. It's time for him to learn that money doesn't grow on trees and this hobby/lifestyle will be expensive if he is going to be serious about it.

I still have a 28 year old stepson sucking the life out of me. I feel your pian.

My son is 20 and a full time college student .he started lifting when he was 17 and I'm in the same boat ,buying supplement all the time .my son is a good kid and a junior in college .he had made honor roll the last 3 semesters and I am very proud of him .once school is finished "he will be buying his own stuff"

Say it now! At 18, he's not a child. Getting a part time job to support this lifestyle is no big deal. Also tell him to not waste too much money on supplements, and focus more on shopping at costco.

My son is 20 and a full time college student .he started lifting when he was 17 and I'm in the same boat ,buying supplement all the time .my son is a good kid and a junior in college .he had made honor roll the last 3 semesters and I am very proud of him .once school is finished "he will be buying his own stuff"

yeah hes in community college, but literally never leaves the house but for school 3 hours and and the gym, maybe not a bad thing but there is plenty of time for a part time job and contributing to his hobby and also learning about being responsible not only about money but for an employer..to me its not gonna be a good look for him to be done with college with zero to put on a resume

I think it depends on their life situation. My mom paid for ALL my college. That included room and board and food. The agreement was it had to be a state school, 4 years, and maintain 3.0 or better.

As generous as that sounds (and it was) if I was ducking around or just hanging out at home my mom would have thrown down the hammer. There always had to be a plan, direction, and work or school.

My mom was a single mom and a teach. As she wrote a check for college she also showed me how much of her money went to that and what her expectations were of me. It taught me a lot.

I graduated with a 3.6 and in three years with a 4 year degree. Kids need direction and a plan.

Its called tough love. In the long run the life lesson to begin to provide for yourself is priceless. It doesnt mean you cant help in the future. But let him know he needs to be tossing in. Make a deadline and stick to it. Yet help guide him toward sucess.

I had a job when I was 15

Exactly ....I was 10yrz takin neighbors trash out and cuttin grass !! When I turned 12 I got a newspaper route and still did the previous things to make cash ...
Doesnt matter if there in college or high school "Get a damn job" ....even if its part time .....show them some responsiblity and hey guess what you will find out how important those supps are to them cause my guess if they worked for the money to pay for them they wouldnt take as much !! If any to be honest ......cmon guys part time work isnt bad at all stop babying these "MEN".........

if he does not have a job by 18 you are doing him a disservice . This is his one chance to develop the responsiblity, discipline, sacfrifice and willpower it takes to maintain a full time or part time job while go to school, while building a family, while discovering yourself and purpose - whatever!

if he isnt joining the armed forces, going to school full time, or working full time - kick his ass out. you are enabling a lazy kid who god forbid will end up voting for our president based on his life experiences or lack there of

this is not a time and day in society where we can get by on someone elses income. les brown said you have to "fail your way to success". I had a career by 18 and was cleaning toilets by the time i was 15 - FULL TIME! I had my own money, I was a "man". Now at 28 I am doing fantastic and have worked for myself successfully since 2012. I went from career to carreer until I found one I liked. Hes lucky he has you in the first place, he's not your bio kid

it's time to be a shark. this is the most formative time of his young adult life, its now or never, these patterns he sets now will transcend into all areas of his life!
get him off the tit
america is turning into sissies

what supplements does a natural 18 year old lifter need besides food wtf?

we cant contribute to a generation of helpless beta-males

Last edited:
Haven't received a dime from my parents since I was 16 and got my license. Pissed me off at the time but looking back it was the best thing for me. I plan on doing the same to my kids.

Never buy supplements for any children that old as something they should expect. He should have a job and be paying for that. I always bought my own (when I wasted money on that sort of stuff). Parents might get it for a bday present, etc. but I would never expect them to provide for something like that. No way he should as well.

Last edited:

That's a tough one. I myself would teach him to eat the way I do and co-prepare bodybuilding meals with him, made from bulk foods on sale. My dad had a rule: as long as I maintained a B average in college, he supported me. I remember his frustration by the $400 food bill every time we went to the market. I ate 2 chicken breasts and a huge plate of spaghetti every 3 hours while bulking. I was natural then and ate ungodly amounts of clean food. Haha :D

Last edited:
Sparks trust me on this and LAY DOWN THE LAW ASAP.

I am the oldest of 3 boys, my parents were strict with me and made me get a job at 16yo, however my parents got pretty lax with my other 2 brothers, basically spoiled them and when they didn't get what they wanted, they made a fuss until my parents gave in. You might say its my parents fault ( I think it is partially ) but there was no going back.

My 2 brothers are 27 & 22 respectively and they still live at home, eat my parents food, my dad bought them a car ( for them to share so they dont harass my parents 24/7 for rides). My 27 yo brother had one job at 24 and still works there, the other one has no job and sleeps most of the day.

Not saying your kid will turn out like them but I believe that if they got the same kind of "tough love" they would be gone and on their own. My father would get on my case ED until one day i was like " Fuck this, I'm out" it was annoying and I thought my dad was a prick, now looking back i am VERY THANKFUL and my relationship with both my parents has improved 10 folds.

My .02

Good luck.

you trying to raise a pussy or a man?

Is he a student at least? Good grades?

That's nice of you to do that for a stepson.... a lot of ppl won't for their own son yet alone step son

if hes not in school and doing what you expect of him its time to cut that boy off, aside from some basics if hes living with you and you and the wife agree to float him while he gets a job. but supplements and tons of food got to end. working the same issues with the GF, 18 year old senior in school expect the world. we made him get a job and soon as summer comes he's paying rent

At his age,,,he needs at least a part time job. Don't overwhelm him but 15-25hrs will help him earn some extra $$$ as well as teaching him some people skills and building character.

I grew up in low-income housing with a single mother. When I was 18 Her section 8 said she needed to move 1 bedroom.

Which left me to grow up and find my way.

Him getting a job to pay for his gym membership and some chicken breast seems like a pretty good deal to me.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bradyfan127
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws