over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

got set up and fired :(

hohojijo

Registered
I am lost in my own mind. I was set up at work and a fellow employee said i called a customer the N word and got me fired. I have cancer to boot so affording to live and keep my apartment is not going to happen. I don't know what to do. I was set im my career and now boom framed :( and fired. What does anyone know about making myself feel less like there is no hope for me? I cannot feed my kid and now we are going to lose our place to live. I live in a very expensive state with crazy taxes so i just know i will have to let my son go live with his druggie mom so he has shelter and warm food. As for me soon i will be living in my car. looking for a job in a town that never has work. :( what can i do to help my mind ? I am screwed

I'm sorry to hear this happen. Unfortunately it's more common than you think. As for your situation you're definitely jumping the gun right now. Which is normal. We all worry about stuff but as of right now you still have a roof. Maybe a couple bucks to get by. What I would be doing now is looking for a solution. Put all that other stuff aside and think of how I'm going to get through this. Find another job even if it's a temporary gig just to make a few bucks or hopefully something in your career line. Can't take your experience away. Also I'd be looking for ways to challenge that firing perhaps through online research of labor laws and such or even a free consultation through an attorney. I've turned to those question answer forums with attorneys or the like who have experience. Also if need be getting temporary assistance through the govt. is an option. Trust me, they rather prevent you being hungry and homeless than having to find you a home and feed you after the fact.
Bottom line is for now, for you and your kid you have to put the self pity away and find a solution. Shit sucks and this world is so unfair in so many ways but you have control over your future. I absolutely wish you the best and am sure you can come out on top if you really want to. Most of the time people just give up in situations which is third biggest downfall. Feel free to PM me if you need to and please keep us posted bro.

you know what brother

you are damn right. i need to get my soldier mentality on and rub some dirt on it and solider on! amazing what one comment can do for motivation brother thank you so much

Your pretty skrewed with the job It's your word against his. Better spend energy moving on and doing something productive (finding another job). Start thinking about saving some cash and moving to a place where it doesn't cost shit to survive like Mexico or Arkansas. There's a ton of ways to handle shitty situations but most people don't have the balls to execute.

Being that I own 2 business, that doesn't even sound right. One fellow employee making accusations should not get you fired without proof. He said, she said scenario does not get one fired from one employee to another. Did you actually say it? To the customer? Have you ever been warned before about other things? Have you been written up before? There is more to this then you are saying or this is wrongful termination.

Last edited:
Being that I own 2 business, that doesn't even sound right. One fellow employee making accusations should not get you fired without proof. He said, she said scenario does not get one fired from one employee to another. Did you actually say it? To the customer? Have you ever been warned before about other things? Have you been written up before? There is more to this then you are saying or this is wrongful termination.
How is he going to prove he didn't say it? If he does win sounds like the effort would be better put trying to get another job.

How is he going to prove he didn't say it? If he does win sounds like the effort would be better put trying to get another job.

How are they going to prove he did? Like he said....Its he said, she said and there has to be more to the story or its wrongful termination. I would get a lawyer and seek a settlement while moving and looking for another job

When you own a business like me, you have to go by certain laws. There is laws to protect you from wrongful termination. That is in fact a lawsuit. Trust me, my sister got fired unjustly too and is settling a case is we speak. I helped her out. I understand labor laws. No one can fire you without proper cause. NO EMPLOYEE making accusations against you, WITHOUT PROPER Witness or PROOF is cause for termination. If that was that case anyone that didn't like you could make some accusation against you to get you fired. There is more to this story and they have something on him then he is saying or he was wrongfully terminated.

Last edited:
When you own a business like me, you have to go by certain laws. There is laws to protect you from wrongful termination. That is in fact a lawsuit. Trust me, my sister got fired unjustly too and is settling a case is we speak. I helped her out. I understand labor laws. No one can fire you without proper cause. NO EMPLOYEE making accusations against you, WITHOUT PROPER Witness or PROOF is cause for termination. If that was that case anyone that didn't like you could make some accusation against you to get you fired. There is more to this story and that have something on him then he is saying or he was wrongfully terminated.
How much can someone make off a wrongful termination and how much effort needs to be made to win a lawsuit?

How much can someone make off a wrongful termination and how much effort needs to be made to win a lawsuit?

Well, a smart man would let the lawyer handle a lawsuit, look for work and not worry about a money amount. Doesn't not matter about money as much as proving your point sometimes. I don't encourage lawsuits or like them, but when someone does you wrong, there is certain times to proceed.

Last edited:
My point exactally. Lawyers gonna cost money and even if they take like 40% for a win how much can really be made? Unless he's at a really well paying job might be better to take the loss and just move on.

My point exactally. Lawyers gonna cost money and even if they take like 40% for a win how much can really be made? Unless he's at a really well paying job might be better to take the loss and just move on.

Lawyers don't cost money for most lawsuits. They would not even take his case on if they didn't think he win. Like I said, I don't know all the facts with him. He might not even have a case, he could have been fired for a good cause. I am just going off what he said, but hey this is the internet and you can say anything you want. My sister is basically getting a year salary after the lawyer took his cut. She got a job right away and let the lawyer handle it all. So, it didn't take her no time or effort for that lawsuit.

Correct. Just accusations alone are not enough evidence to terminate someone.

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

EEOC is investigating for me ty guys

I took action and went to the ADA they are filing a suit against them for disability discrimination. I have tons of proof on that and they know i did not call her the n word. i had three witnesses agree to sign a statement for me. I may be stupid but i am fighting back!

An "at will" employee can be let go for no reason whatsoever. Most employees today are at will employees.

The mistake they made was terminating you for an allegedly unjust reason. That was a stupid thing to do. If they really wanted rid of you, they should have just said pack your stuff, you're out. Unless you're on family medical leave (FMLA), they don't have to keep you.

I remember a company let go of half their workforce, just a simple RIF, but then the idiots went and sent letters to all of them declaring them medically unfit! LOL! Stupid. Since of course, they classed up, filed a class action, all went and got medical exams, declared fit, and then got nice settlements.

An "at will" employee can be let go for no reason whatsoever. Most employees today are at will employees.

The mistake they made was terminating you for an allegedly unjust reason. That was a stupid thing to do. If they really wanted rid of you, they should have just said pack your stuff, you're out. Unless you're on family medical leave (FMLA), they don't have to keep you.

I remember a company let go of half their workforce, just a simple RIF, but then the idiots went and sent letters to all of them declaring them medically unfit! LOL! Stupid. Since of course, they classed up, filed a class action, all went and got medical exams, declared fit, and then got nice settlements.

Yes OTH, this is true. You can be let go due to them downsizing or simply don't need you anymore. The problem is the slander. If he didn't say what he said, then he has just cause. I personally would have let them go and tell them work slowed or no longer need his position in my company.

Yes OTH, this is true. You can be let go due to them downsizing or simply don't need you anymore. The problem is the slander. If he didn't say what he said, then he has just cause. I personally would have let them go and tell them work slowed or no longer need his position in my company.
Exactly, brother. That's all they would have had to do. That's what I would have done, too. Oh well... lol :rolleyes:

Exactly, brother. That's all they would have had to do. That's what I would have done, too. Oh well... lol :rolleyes:

Being a business owner you definitely have to choose your words carefully.

well they did some investigating for me

The EEOC called me today and advised i sign the five papers they are sending me in the mail asap and send them back. I went to human resources several times since i worked with Rite Aid about being picked on for my health at my last store same business (they moved me to another store instead of helping me). I had reported this several times this is why they moved me because i was a bother and they thought i would let it go. Well i was called MANGINA because i bleed through my pants due to at this time Crones. I was told i was not allowed to call in. I was told i was faking. I was told i was being a baby. The list goes on about the crap i dealt with at this previous store. Well good on me since may of 2015 i kept notes of every single insult to me about my health and the date next to each. This is the best part those notes ensured me 5 right to sue letters that are in the mail. Will I win? I have faith I will win the case. It is disability discrimination in 5 different ways. The dumb asses own HR records fucked them right in the ass because they did nothing not a damn thing to the accused. So this is probably why EEOC told me on the phone with some swag to it "Sir they are not getting away with discrimination" ;) thanks guys wish me luck and pray for me if you pray

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GhostriderTX
NapsGear