YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What do you think people really think of us?

Designbuilt

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
This makes me wonder, I always have in fact... When I started wanting to get into this, I watched the Hulk tv show, (Yes I'm that old) I thought of muscles as super powerful, like the hulk, my hero! I saw a few magazines laying around the house, two of my older brothers had taken up with powerlifting and bodybuilding... I'd see them measuring their arms, flexing in the mirror, eating bananas with protein shakes... I'm like ok, my brothers want to be hulks, they're pretty short, but they can be little hulks, there's nothing wrong with that, little Mexican hulks...

So that's how i saw it, but I've heard a few people especially older people talking about us and especially older people in Mexico; I lived there for a year... They think that all we do is sleep all day, look in the mirror, go to the gym, look in the mirror, drink protein shakes, look in the mirror again, then sleep...

They also see us as someone who sees the body as a possession, like say a sports car, or hot rod to show off; we expect people to marvel and admire our bodies...

Think about it, they know you look in the mirror and go to the gym, train as hard as you can, take god knows what, give up drinking and eating burgers and pizza, to make yourself constantly look better, for the next time you look in the mirror... And if you're good enough at doing that, then guess what? You get to compete against others that are good at that thing you're doing there... See? See his pics?

He's not only good at looking in the mirror, but he's good a photographing himself looking in the mirror... Now that's talent, I bet that catches on as a sport too, flexing, while simultaneously taking a picture, using your phone!!

So anyway, I don't really know what my point was... Still funny nevertheless...

Well I think women mostly just throw up in their own mouths when they see me. But quite frankly I don't think people really "think" anything at all when they see "us". I don't really think most people ever even notice me. Now guys at the Pro level? That's a totally different story. Other than that I think most people have too much other shit going on in their minds like "Did I post my latest update to FB" to even notice guys who have muscle or anyone else for that matter.

I've seen a few guys act like that.
I call them douche bags.
I'm a regular guy that enjoys lifting weights and kickin ass in the gym. I never walk around thinking hey everybody look at me. I may not know because I'm so busy looking at myself in the reflections.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I stay completely covered up.....most of the time....

I just simply get tired of the bullshit that comes with it..
the same questions.....the same looks and stares....

its a hassle....ive learned as I'm older that "blending in"
is the way to go....

its still hard to blend in though when your as sexy as I'm am...:D

is the way to go....

That's cause you're selfish S.O.B who doesn't want to share with the rest of the world and just looks in the mirror keeping your sexy ass to yourself...

I think most people think we're self absorbed, selfish, and obsessive.

What do you mean you're not having cake? Why are you eating so much chicken? You just went to the gym yesterday and you're going again? That protein shake looks gross. That can't be good for you. It's not healthy to eat like that. You're veins are gross. Why can't you just be like everyone else?

The older I get (grew up watching hulk too), the less I care what anyone thinks...I just do what makes me happy
others don't like it? Fuck em lol

The older I get (grew up watching hulk too), the less I care what anyone thinks...I just do what makes me happy
others don't like it? Fuck em lol

That's the best advice one can give. Not just on training/bodybuilding...but for life in general.

Story time

Anyway, I was living in Mexico off and on for a year back in 1997, I found a pharmacy that would supply all the gear I wanted, it was on a busy street near my aunt's house... He had everything and what he didn't have, he could order, he got me eli lilly gh, plus all the Mexican goodies and gave them to me at cost! I was paying $1.50 U.S for a box of 2 amps of sten! Anyway, on that same street was the bus stop, a few small stores and the road was just very old fashioned, with lots of loose bricks...

So one day my Aunt told me that a lady and her daughter were talking shit about me, They owned a candy store across the street from the pharmacy... Near the bus stop, which my aunt and cousin happen to be waiting for the bus... I also got dropped off by the cab there, because it was in front of the pharmacy and my aunt's house was about a block in, so sometimes I'd stop in to say hi... Anyway, my cousin said that she heard them talking shit about me, saying that they couldn't stand me, I was a fanfaron (Show off), I always had big, ugly women with me who looked like hookers (I took a few of the serious lifter girls from my brother's gym there to show them that place) That I was always speaking in English and that I was obnoxious... In reality I was very quite, I just appeared that way, because I had long hair and I guess the body, plus I'm 5'11" so for Mexicans that's on the taller side, so it gets attention...

So my cousin said, that she was going to scare their ass, so she told me that she asked the lady if "that boy has been disrespectful towards them in any way, or has offended them?" She said that they didn't know where to hide, she just started stuttering and said "No, it's just that he's intimidating, but he's never said anything to us" So then my cousin said that I was her first cousin and that she knows that I keep to myself and never bother anybody...

So anyway, about two months later my friend from Chicago went to visit and we were hanging out one time, so we decided to go troll the shit out of that lady... We were outside of the pharmacy, talking loud as shit, then he took out a wad of cash about $5000 (he had just gotten there on vacation) then he counted it and handed it to me, then I did the same thing back... Then he took off his shirt and hit a few poses... So then he said, "why don't we go in there, see what they have?" So we did, I just wanted to see their reactions, nothing really, the daughter was checking me out, I should've put the pokes on her now that I think about it...

She was a bit too young for me though, about 16-17, I was 21 at the time... Whatever though, sometimes I just like trolling, it's like when I was a kid walking to school, there'd be a little dog barking and following along behind the fence everyone who walked past their yard, yapping non-stop...

So then after a while, I'd find myself walking back and forth, sometimes running, sometimes sneaking up, kicking the fence and running past again... Shit like that used to keep me entertained as a kid... Same principle, sometimes you have to troll people...

is the way to go....

That shit definitely gets old... Hell, I even go to the gym and mostly wear lose, dark clothes... When I did my first show after a long layoff, one of the judges told me that he never imagined that I was built like that, because i'm always in loose, dark colored sweats... (The judge worked out at my gym at the same time I did...)

A lot of people think, if i care of my body, traning and go to the gym, than i am stuped. They just think by a stereotypes. :naughty:

What gets me is how flipping stupid people are about training and diet...they listen to gossip mags or what Oprah would say...they know nothing...and many of these people are highly educated in their field of employment...makes me wonder if they are even qualified to do their job...I have multiple master degrees and I am modest about what I know and don't know...it's funny how many of these know it alls can't even balance their checkbook or pay bills on time.......kvh

"You probably wouldn’t worry about what people think of you if you could know how seldom they do"

– Olin Miller

I don't really care what the average Joe thinks.... its only the people close to me that I care about

Initially the attention is cool..... now, forget it....like others, i'll conceal myself...its gets old...I love talking fitness but...not 24/7.... the questions, comments.... dickheads..... just over it...
This site its different....we all share the same passion...... im talking the average guy that has no clue

is the way to go....

same thing a buddy of mine says, he is a freak and always stays covered up, he says its so annoying. I can only imagine the idiots that ask questions. that's one of the only times of the day that seperates us from this pathetic world we live in, no phone calls, no texts, no internet, just leave me the fuck alone

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GhostriderTX
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws