over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone use anti depressants like Prozac

Mrshred

Registered
I have situational panic disorder and general anxiety. I hide it very well and still no one knows about my problem except my mom.. was put on prozac and actually worked quite well but Sex drive sucked... was trying too use maybe a more cutting edge antidepressant like Lexapro

Most SSrIs are gonna cause the ED issues. What dose of Prozac were you on? Lexapro and Prozac are both very good for anxiety.

Starting dose for lexapro is around 10mg. It’s gonna be a little more sedating than Prozac. Most get an energy boost from Prozac

Drive will suffer with about all anti depressants I’m sorry to say. I personally prefer Prozac to the newer cutting edge stuff. Effexor is a combination anti depressant/ anxiety med you might look into.

Your symptoms are anxiety related what makes you think anti depressants are the way to go?

I went too a psych and he recommended Prozac based on what I told him, from what I understand it’s not just used for depression... I was on 20mg Prozac and it was amazing how it relieved me, but again that sex drive sucked... I’m reading about SNRI Wellbutrin but I have too read more too comment on it supposedly less sodes

Like has been said, they are all going to affect drive, or more specifically it seems, performance, but they all seem to have much different effects and side effects in different people. It can't hurt to try other ones, to see how you respond to them. Going off and on them really sucks though. I think anti-prolactin drugs have been researched and shown effective in combating SSRI sexual dysfunction. They can have their own set of problems though, of course.

I went too a psych and he recommended Prozac based on what I told him, from what I understand it’s not just used for depression... I was on 20mg Prozac and it was amazing how it relieved me, but again that sex drive sucked... I’m reading about SNRI Wellbutrin but I have too read more too comment on it supposedly less sodes

If Prozac had such a dramatic effect I would stick with it for awhile and address the sexual side separately rather than changing meds. It took me a decade and a lot of frustration to find the right meds.

They all have sides and the perfect drug for these issues just doesn’t exist unfortunately. Tell your doctor about the ED and see what he says there are pills for that to bud.

Your doing the right things going to the doctor, taking the meds and seeing a therapist you should feel good about that.

If you are willing to change meds. Wellbutrin has less sexual side effects but works on a different pathway.

Imo zoloft is better than prozac

At least my libido was great when i was on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I use Lexapro - I suggest trying it. The only one I could take. My appetite was very low the first month, but other then that I have had no problems and it has helped Tremendously

Wellbutrin is a very poor choice if anxiety is the main problem. Effexor is good, but it’s horrific if you miss a dose or try to come off

I’d say try lexapro.

Also add in l-theanine 200mg empty stomach 2x per day and some asghwanda (sensoril)

Wellbutrin is a very poor choice if anxiety is the main problem. Effexor is good, but it’s horrific if you miss a dose or try to come off

I’d say try lexapro.

Also add in l-theanine 200mg empty stomach 2x per day and some asghwanda (sensoril)

Yeah Effexor withdrawal sucks. Takes time also.

Combine it with psychotherapy and make it a temporary solution.

always check your hormones, a disbalance can cause all these symptoms and docs are all too eager to prescribe ssri's etc instead of simply balancing the hormones out

I did a few years back but now I'm just sticking with the counselling.

I have situational panic disorder and general anxiety. I hide it very well and still no one knows about my problem except my mom.. was put on prozac and actually worked quite well but Sex drive sucked... was trying too use maybe a more cutting edge antidepressant like Lexapro

I have used PROZAC in the past. 10mg was the best dose for me. I get a nootropic effect from this dose and relatively no side effects. When I would bump it up to 20mg I would feel like a zombie in about 3 days and anything less than 10mg didn't do anything for me.

The only one that doesn't effect sex drive is Mirtazapine (Remeron). Some actually get increased sex drive from it.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bradyfan127
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws