over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Went off meds now I’m Manic. Advice?

Thebigone

Kilo Klub Member
Long story short I have symptoms of borderline personality disorder but not 100%. From my research medication doesn?t help borderline personality disorder only cognitive behavioral therapy does. Dr. Put me on 200mg lamictal, 1200mg trileptal as well as vyvanse and Dexedrine to combat lethargy. Previous to this I was on 20mg Lexapro. Total time on lexapro 6 years. Trileptal and lamical 1.5yrs. About 4-6mo ago I decided to wean off everything. Trileptal and lamical I did not notice much at all. No withdrawal no side effects. Lexapro on the other hand was a different story. I tapered by reducing the dose by 5 mg every month until I hit 2.5 mg for a few weeks. Once down to 5mg Lexapro (maybe 3months ago) I noticed I started getting more manic. Also very lethargic. Not anger but a lack of motivation to work yet more motivation to do obsessive research on your neurotransmitters, finding natural cures,etc. procrastination, mild depression(never suicidal) and definitely a increased craving for recreational drugs. Like I?m always trying to find something to take to feel normal. A few weeks ago I bought a pack of American Spirit cigarettes to get energy from nicotine and I found myself smoking like 10 per day. This is where I have to draw the line and do something. I had a prior amphetamine addiction and have weaned off and back on over the past three or four years. If I don?t take some sort of amphetamine in the morning I?m a zombie I can?t even function. When it kicks in it?s the only time I feel normal but I?m trying to reduce my amphetamine use as well. Correct me if I?m wrong but I?m thinking my problems are coming from lack of serotonin. When I look up the difference of depression from serotonin versus dopamine I fit much more traits of serotonin depression. I understand it can take a long time because I was on the Lexapro for so long but what would you guys do if you were in my shoes? It seems like the only supplement that acts on the same serotonin receptors as Lexapro is bacopa. I tried it a few days ago and just felt a little spacey but calm. Then I tried taking it two times a day and was exhausted. I also tried KannaEase and it just made me super tired. I?m trying to figure out how I can get off of everything as that is my goal.

p.s. I noticed towards the early evening I get very brain foggy and dizzy. A low dose benzodiazepam seems to take it away but I definitely am not getting hooked on that. Also what’s odd is around eight or 9 o’clock at night when the kids are in bed and the wife is asleep and I have free time to just watch TV I feel completely normal. Not overly exhausted, no cravings for recreational drugs, etc. but then when I wake up in the morning it’s awful.

If your medical insurance is good I'd try to clearly explain all of this to your doctor and see if they can get you on a regime that helps

Sounds like your neurotransmitters are in the shitter.

You need a "detox" vacation, serious. Like 2 weeks to not be on any meds and be outdoors without worries, or whatever you do that is enjoyable. Be a little selfish and get yourself together. I've had to do it before and it was beneficial for not only me but everyone else around me and my family.

Sounds hippiish but in the grind of everyday life it makes it much more difficult to come off many meds because you are so reliant on them.

If your medical insurance is good I'd try to clearly explain all of this to your doctor and see if they can get you on a regime that helps

I have yet to meet a doctor that knew shit about adhd meds, ssris, etc.. I know they are out there but I haven't been lucky enough to find one.

It's like trying to find a PCP who knows about hormones, which is a whole other thing.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GhostriderTX
NapsGear