over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Getting ready for national level

musclechic2001

Newbies
I've been competing for awhile in other organizations and have finally taken the plunge into the NPC. I qualified for the national shows with a 2nd place finish in my height class. I'm 5'5", was 10% bodyfat pretty evenly spread since I took my time losing the fat.

I know I wasn't dark enough and I'm having issues finding the right way to put on ProTan to get dark enough without it collecting in spots and making green/black splotches.

I'm already preparing for Team Universe in July after a week off after competing. So I'm interested in seeing what NPC/IFBB judges think I need work on in the gym: what muscles should be bigger, what parts of symmetry need to be evened out, and how much leaner is necessary....in other words should my glute tie-ins really be visible and/or hamstring separation? And what do you think of the short hair versus the very common shoulder length hair?

In the comparison photos, I'm the one in the blue two-piece. The girl in the pink got 1st, and the other girl got 4th.

Thank you in advance!
Nicole

Attachments

• top4front.JPG
    top4front.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 907
  • top4back.JPG
    top4back.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 617
  • top4side.JPG
    top4side.JPG
    32.8 KB · Views: 525
  • 1pieceback.JPG
    1pieceback.JPG
    25 KB · Views: 515
  • 1piecefront.JPG
    1piecefront.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 518
Last edited:
Well responses appear to be slow, or none of the judges are interested.

In the meantime I welcome anyone's critique through personal messages here or by email: [email protected]

I've got more pics and junk at my website: www.nicoleweeks.com Would appreciate a visit from y'all.

Thanks,
Nicole

You have better structure than the girl that won, but she was harder and dryer, and as you said, your color wasn't the best.

In my opinion, and you have to remember that at figure/fitness every judge has a different opinion as there are no rules written in stone like with bodybuilding, you need to be leaner and dryer.
But you have to be careful to keep your muscles full as you drop more bf, as you don't want to look scrawny. A bit more muscle mass would be good, to keep you full as you diet down.

Your presentation and posing looks good (apart from the tan).

Appreciate that. By getting leaner I will look dryer. I'll do my sodium load and deplete a little more exagerated next time. And I'm learning that I'm not eating enough the last week before comp and the night before so sometimes my lats go flat on stage. Not cool. Get nervous eating so much, but I know I have to get over that if I want to get that pro-card.

I wonder if it would help if I literally called ProTan and asked then how the heck to get that stuff to stick on me darker. Or I switch to Dream Tan but I've heard that some judges dislike Dream Tan so much that they'll mark a competitor lower for wearing it.

musclechic2001 said:
I wonder if it would help if I literally called ProTan and asked then how the heck to get that stuff to stick on me darker. Or I switch to Dream Tan but I've heard that some judges dislike Dream Tan so much that they'll mark a competitor lower for wearing it.

I have never encountered a single judge that mraks people down for Dream Tan use. I think it's a myth created by some competitors.

Best colour in my opinion is several coats of that cream tan from the pharmacy that makes you yellow, then several cats of ProTan and then a couple of coats of Dream Tan. You end up with a nice rich golden deep brown tan.

Also, I find JanTana leaves a lot of green patches.

Criticism?

Your upper body is a lot leaner than your lower body. Your calvs, glutes and hams are too soft and under developed. Your glutes are not symmetrical, the left side protrudes out a lot further than your right side. Your arms are too thin and your hips a little too wide in comparison to your shoulders. The girl on the right who got 4th , if she got leaner, would have beaten the winner who does not have anywhere you or this 4th place gals genetics.

i agree with Phil, that the upper body is much leaner than the lower. this is a common occurence amongst women due to estrogen. Yes, your calves, glutes and hams were all too soft.
You could use more cap on your delts which will help your shoulder to waist ratio.
Congratulations on your placing !!!
and good luck with your transition to the next level, keep training hard !!

Thank you all for the judging critique. I think the left/right butt cheek thing is because the photo was taken from an angle (the right side of the stage) and not from the center. My left right symmetry is good except for my calves because I drive a stick.

First time I've ever been told anything was underdeveloped. I had to laugh as I welcome that. I'm sick of being told I'm almost too big for figure (in the naturals) and should do bodybuilding.

My fat sits in my butt and legs, so it's natural to be shredded up top and still soft in the lower half. Just a matter on continuing to lean down...but for the national level I'm going to have to get super lean....maybe 8% to get rid of that mush butt look. And I can't do it quickly, I have to maintain a fit look NOW and through the spring so that the skin gets tighter too.

Bigger bi's and tri's are in training now. Calves are in training now focusing on bringing the right calf up. Bigger shoulders definitely. And then just bigger everything in general so I can look competitive against the big girls at the national level. I've got 16 weeks of heavy training and then 16 weeks of dieting. Sounds reasonable and training now gives me an edge.

Thanks everyone!!! Go heavy or go home!

PHIL HERNON said:
the winner who does not have anywhere you or this 4th place gals genetics.

Agreed. The winner has the worst structure/genetics there - narrow and bunched shoulders, wide hips for her frame, bow legs. But obviously she is the one that worked hardest for that show, so she won.

YOU NEED TO LOOK AT IT LIKE THIS

musclechic2001 said:
Thank you all for the judging critique. I think the left/right butt cheek thing is because the photo was taken from an angle (the right side of the stage) and not from the center. My left right symmetry is good except for my calves because I drive a stick.

First time I've ever been told anything was underdeveloped. I had to laugh as I welcome that. I'm sick of being told I'm almost too big for figure (in the naturals) and should do bodybuilding.

My fat sits in my butt and legs, so it's natural to be shredded up top and still soft in the lower half. Just a matter on continuing to lean down...but for the national level I'm going to have to get super lean....maybe 8% to get rid of that mush butt look. And I can't do it quickly, I have to maintain a fit look NOW and through the spring so that the skin gets tighter too.

Bigger bi's and tri's are in training now. Calves are in training now focusing on bringing the right calf up. Bigger shoulders definitely. And then just bigger everything in general so I can look competitive against the big girls at the national level. I've got 16 weeks of heavy training and then 16 weeks of dieting. Sounds reasonable and training now gives me an edge.

Thanks everyone!!! Go heavy or go home!

YOU HAVE 32 WEEKS OF HEAVY LIFTING, THAT SHOULD NEVER CHANGE. MAYBE THAT IS THE PRBLEM HERE.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws