over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

New member.. need advice

cb11mass

Registered
I am 21 yrs old, all natural (obviously), 6'4 225. not sure of bf% the scale I have says 20% although ive been told those scales read high no matter what when you weigh more that usual. I would realy like to compete this april or may however I feel as though I will look like a stick figure on stage because of my height. Ive included some pictures they are poor quality; the pictures in the grey shorts are almost a year old I have gained around 8-10 lbs since the the recent pic is only an upper body in the blue shorts. I plan to post updated pics however just wanted a quick opinion on whether to compete or hold off.... SORRY I DIDN'T MEAN TO WRITE A BOOK.

Attachments

• logo21.JPG
    logo21.JPG
    24.5 KB · Views: 557
  • Image00001.jpg
    Image00001.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 531
  • Image00003.jpg
    Image00003.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 445
  • Image00002.jpg
    Image00002.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 434
You need A LOT more size before you even begin thinking about competing. Right now you are off season, and you are too thin. As you said, if you diet down now, you will be a stick figure.

Don't get discouraged but you do need quite a bit more mass as BIG A said, HOWEVER, on the bright side you are only 21 and have many bodybuilding years ahead of you!

Mike

IFBB/NPC Judge

I definitely agree with the previous posts. The ONLY reasons to compete at this point would be if you simply enjoy it regardless of the outcome, or if you want to start learning how your particular metabolism responds in contest prep.

I'd recommend that at your height, before you would compete, you have a lean body weight of AT LEAST your current weight, 225, and be no more than 250 total weight (i.e., no more than 10% body fat using calipers to measure).

And that would be for a novice show!

There's plenty of good info here on this board. But, you might also look up the posts by BigEvan23 and by JamerJay over on bb.com. Don't bother with the threads, just look up those two and read their posts and read their workout and nutrition information. Both are lifetime natural. Evan is 6'4" and Jay is 6'2", and I think there are things about both their physiques that you would like to equal and that will give you motivation as a tall person as to what can be achieved. Both are completely straightforward and honest in their posts and there's no B.S. about either one. Neither is a competitor, but I don't think that matters.

The good news for you is that I see nothing wrong with either your bone structure or the structure of your muscles. The proportions all look good; I see no place where you lack muscle tissue that can be developed, etc. So if developing your body is truly something you desire and you can put in the hard work and discipline, there's no reason you can't achieve something exceptional over the next few years.

Hope that helps!

Ken

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member