over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

7 weeks out...please help, don't know if I should be a heavy or light heavy

aznfreak

Registered
now I am 3 weeks out, I'm the guy that asked you guys if I should be a heavy or light

I have 7 weeks until my first NPC show on June 7th (bev francis atlantic states)...right as I'm typing this I weigh in at 217.8lbs...I'm exactly 5'9"...I went and got hydrostatic water testing last week and they said I had 4.71% bodyfat...I think I'm higher but that's what was computed. I would like to know from you guys what I should do. If the calculation is right, in order for me to get to 2% I would need to lose 5.9lbs of fat which would put me at 211.1lbs. one of my bodybuilding friend said I should cut down to the light-heavy class because then I would come in shredded and the biggest. I'm worried though that if I lose to much I might have to sacrifice some hard earned muscle and might even come in flat. If I stay in the heavy I might not be able to be as shredded and also will be competing against guys who will weigh more then me. I just want to get at least 2nd place so I qualify for national and then work to get to 220lbs on the national stage. I'm worried that if I'm come in at light heavy I might loss to much muscle and can't rebound to meet my 220lbs goal for the national. If I come in heavy and don't get 2nd or 1st then I won't even qualify. what do you guys think I should do? The pictures below are of me 8 weeks out at 219lbs. I would also love for you guys to point out my weaknesses so I can work on them next time around. I'm doing more close-grip chin up to get my lower lats to connect lower with my abs, I also know one of my major weakness is my calves which I'm working out 3 times a week to get them as big as I can for the show...they measure 17.5 cold and 18 pumped...pumped they fit with my quads so I gotta get .5 inch from now till showtime...any advice and critique is much appreciated...thank you and have a good day

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
hey bro,
very solid physique.. great potential.. tight waist, good flair to the quads.. i agree that dropping down to light heavies could go badly.. you would have to lose a bit of tissue and might come in flat.. i would see how the next 4 weeks go.. if you notice that you are in striking range of lh then it might be a good idea.. but i doubt it.. being 5'9 it will make it tough..
i agree that the lats are a issue.. your scapulas are very wide.. the problem is that there is not enough mass attached to them.. make that a priority.. one arm rows bringing the hands closer to the low hip will add that needed size also.. arms and delts are very good.. calves could use some size but, they are not bad .. they will happen..
as for body fat.. go by the mirror.. remember that 4 % could look better on you than 2% on someone else.. never go to a arbitrary number.. go by the mirror.. and remember when you hear that a SO AND SO is 2% bodyfat most are lying.. just go by that mirror.. if you deem that you need to drop somemore than go ahead.. but, not numbers..
so from a judging stand point.. bring up the lats thickness.. calves will come you are doing the right thing.. adding mass to the chest and back will add in your trying to get nationals.. great delts.. but, like many with great delts the chest can look flat in certain poses.. go by mirror not numbers.. you have great potential and will do fine but, i agree with you, lh is probably not going to happen.. you might very well run into a lh that is two or three inches shorter and packing alot of size and the whole coming in at the "biggest " in the lh's is shot out the window.. so i agree with ya there..
you have great potential.. dont go crazy the last weeks and you will be happy with the results brutha..;)

Last edited:
thanks for the great advice LATS, I will do as you said with the single arm dumbbells...I will work harder on the chest to get any extra mm I can out of them. I work on lats like crazy the next few weeks...thanks for all the advice...

That is a great physique for a guy doing his first show, you will do well. It's all about coming in as conditioned as possible now. Forget about the scale and concentrate on bringing the most polished, conditioned physique you can to the stage. If you bring the best body you can to the contest you will be tough to beat.

In your next offseason bring up that back. I suggest deadlifts and weighted pull-ups. for adding size.

Thanks for the PM Bro. Sorry I didn't get to critique you before the others, but I must pretty much agree with what is already mentioned. Your overall look is AWESOME and you will have a great future in Bodybuilding. Amazing balance and left/right and top/bottom symmetry! As the others said, your lats, in particular, lower lats, is your only glaring weak point, as you know. Work on them hard and you will probably be amazed at your look in 6 months.....you have tremendous genetics for the sport!

Hope this helped Bro.....PM me again if you have any other questions!

Mike

thanks mikeheavypecs

thanks mikeheavypecs for the positive reinforcement...I will start doing lats 3 times a week till june's show per all your remarks...any mm increase would help at this point. thank you again.

I followed all of your advices and revamped my body as much as I could, especially my weak lower lats which I think I made some improvements...I would like to know what you guys think of my conditioning so far...I don't want to lose any muscle so I'm hoping to slowly lose a pound or 2 more of fat and call it a day....you opinion on my progress so far would greatly be appreciated...I would also like you know which most muscular do you guys think would suit my body best...
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Staff online

Forum statistics