over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Dr. John Crisler has passed away

Roguejim

Newbies
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugOmsCwg3Go"]The TOT Doctor's Roundtable Hosted by Jay Campbell - YouTube[/ame]

My FRICKIN ipad ISNT playing it.. How did he die? Pretty fit guy from what I've seen..

No cause of death, yet. That YouTube podcast is pretty incredible. Dr. John had just gone through an epiphany of sorts regarding TRT protocol. He eliminated AIs from his own treatment, and was switching to scrotal cream per Dr. Keith Nichols instruction. He was feeling better than ever, too.

This is awful. RIP Swale.

Terrible...RIP.

I knew he had a heart attack March 23, 2016. He talked about it on his website..

**broken link removed**

Pioneering TRT doctor. This is upsetting! I really liked his videos and wealth of non mainstream information and approach to treating low T. RIP

Damn, that's really sad. He was def in TOP 3 trying to evolutionizr TRT for men

What a great loss. I liked how he was never complacent and was always evolving his treatment.

Really sad to read, I've been reading his posts since the early-mid 2000's.

RIP Swale:(

Sad to hear he passed. He was my Dr. for a few years , 10 years back kind of an interesting person.

Sad to hear he passed. He was my Dr. for a few years , 10 years back kind of an interesting person.

Same here. He was my TRT doc too for a few years...from 2011 until 2014 or so. I then found a local guy who knew Crisler pretty well from attending his presentations at various conferences and had begun using his protocols. I needed a new primary care doc at the time so I switched. And even tho most of our interactions were over the phone, I actually did make the trip up to his office once to meet him in person. Definitely an interesting guy as you mention.

The thing I remember most about about him came from one of our early conversations when I had bloodwork done and we were reviewing it. I was still somewhat new to the whole TRT thing thing and very wrapped-up in what my numbers were. I said "so what are my free and total test levels doc?" And he replied "don't worry about about your damn numbers....I'll take care of those! I want to know how HOW DO YOU FEEL!?" LOL. Also, he was the one who started me doing the sub-q injections. Anyway, vary sad to hear he has passed!

RIP Swale

Very sad. I've been following Dr Crisler since the old days when he was Swale back on the old Meso-RX board in 2001 or so. One of the greatest minds to ever work in the field of TRT, and of course he started out working with bodybuilders on post-cycle protocols and things like that. His wisdom will be sorely missed in the TRT world.

Even though he looked as healthy as a horse at 61, and lived an active vigorous life, fit and muscular, he did have a recent heart attack. The cause of death has not been released by the family yet, but if he did have another fatal heart attack, that should be a cautionary note for all of us in this lifestyle. You may look fit and healthy, but if you have underlying heart or kidney conditions, you have to approach this lifestyle with extreme caution. Optimizing hormones only can do so much when you have pre-existing health problems.

In any event, it's a good reminder for all of us to appreciate and make the most of every day we are given in this world. You never know when it is all going to end, so make the most of every day.

RIP Swale.

Damn that’s horrible, and fairly young too... Someone said 61? Maybe he had some kind of underlying condition as the person above said?

I can’t imagine how the family must feel...

Fairly young with heart disease....

Did the test add to his issues perhaps?
We dont know
But a lot will be jumping on the bandwagon to say it did

On a fb group im in they said he was also told to get on a statin and he refused after his h.a.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

We dont know

On a fb group im in they said he was also told to get on a statin and he refused after his h.a.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

No to knock the guy or send any disrespect but I saw on a link posted above by Bio, he was running a pretty intense pace mile the day after his heart attack.. Not sure if that’s the smartest move, but I’m no doctor.. And if he took that approach after a major heart attack at 59 (which isn’t normal) then I’m not sure what to think..

I just hope his family is ok..

Edit: So is it known that he was in fact suffering from a heart disease?

We dont know

Sure if Dr. Crisler could reply to this, he would probably point you to studies like this that say we do know ......

Linkage Between Testosterone Therapy And Cardiovascular Risk Rejected In Comprehensive Analysis By Multidisciplinary Experts

Mayo Clinic Proceedings article contrasts four flawed studies to dozens showing reduced mortality and other cardiovascular benefits with therapy or with high levels of testosterone
Date: 1/27/2015
BIDMC Contact: Jerry Berger
Phone: 617-667-7308
Email: [email protected]

BOSTON – Fears of a link between testosterone replacement therapy and cardiovascular risk are misplaced, according to a review published in this month’s Mayo Clinic Proceedings. The therapy has come under widespread scrutiny in recent months, including by a federal Food and Drug Administration (FDA) panel convened last fall.

“There’s no good evidence that we could find that testosterone therapy increases cardiovascular risk,” says lead author Abraham Morgentaler, MD, of Director of Men’s Health Boston and a urologist on staff at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. “That’s not to say it’s perfectly safe. But we cannot find evidence and the headlines that jumped out on recent retrospective studies appear to be too strong.”

Importantly, and under-recognized among physicians, Morgentaler adds, “review of the literature clearly reveals a strong relationship between higher serum testosterone concentrations … as being beneficial for reduction in cardiovascular disease and cardiovascular risk factors.”

Testosterone is a hormone that, during puberty, helps build a man's muscles, deepens his voice and increases the size of his reproductive organs. As adults, men rely on the hormone to keep muscles and bones strong and to maintain an interest in sex.

Testosterone levels generally begin a gradual decline after the age of 30, a drop that may be accompanied by a decrease in sex drive. In recent years, the use of testosterone replacement therapy has increased substantially, aided in part by “patient-friendly formulations” such as topical gels that are widely advertised on television.

Such advertisements, combined with two recent studies raising questions about cardiovascular risk associated with the treatment, were the backdrop to an FDA advisory panel on testosterone therapy convened in September 2014. The panel voted 20-1 in favor of conducting a large-scale study to assess cardiovascular risk associated with testosterone therapy; the panel also voted in favor of a change in labeling requirements restricting the indications for use of testosterone.

“Testosterone has been presented as if there were a debate about whether it is good or evil,” says Morgentaler. “Rather, it is a long-accepted medical treatment for a medical condition recognized for centuries. Our intention was to cut through the confusion of loudly expressed opinions on non-scientific issues – such as pharmaceutical advertising, anti-aging claims, and the importance of sexuality in older men – to provide the most comprehensive review to date of the literature on testosterone and cardiovascular risk.”

The article by Morgentaler and colleagues in the fields of urology, endocrinology, family medicine and steroid research identified only four published scientific journal articles since 1940 that suggest increased cardiovascular risks with testosterone prescriptions. Two of those four articles, which generated substantial media coverage over the last 15 months, had “serious methodological limitations; one placebo-controlled trial with few major adverse cardiac events and one meta-analysis that included questionable studies and [cardiovascular] events.”

In contrast, Morgentaler and his co-authors cite dozens of studies examining the relationship between testosterone and heart-related issues, including coronary artery disease, ischemic stroke, cholesterol levels, angina and heart failure. They found that many of those studies identify a positive correlation between “low testosterone levels and increased mortality … as well as atherosclerosis, incident coronary artery disease and the severity of coronary artery disease.”

Two observational studies have shown that men with low testosterone levels who did not receive testosterone replacement therapy died at double the rate of similar men who did receive testosterone. A small number of randomized controlled studies have even shown that men with known heart disease (specifically angina or congestive heart failure) were able to function better when they received testosterone compared with a placebo. Numerous studies have shown that risk factors for cardiovascular disease – such as waist circumference, obesity, and fat mass – all improve with testosterone therapy.

Additional studies have shown benefits of testosterone therapy, including increased sex drive, energy and bone mineral density. The authors also describe “promising new data” that suggest testosterone therapy improves insulin sensitivity, reduces blood glucose and hemoglobin A1C levels in men with Type 2 diabetes or obesity.

Yet public attention appears to have been focused on the four studies that “have undergone serious criticism in the scientific literature. The FDA itself has provided commentary on these studies, concluding that none provide compelling evidence of increased cardiovascular risk.”

The testosterone story “has been turned upside-down,” says Morgentaler, “by trumpeting studies providing remarkably weak evidence of risk, and ignoring a substantial literature with reassuring or beneficial results.”

Morgentaler and his colleagues write “public health may be harmed not only by inadequate appreciation of an actual risk but also by the failure to offer beneficial treatment for a medical condition because of false claims of risk concerns.”
- See more at: Linkage Between Testosterone Therapy And Cardiovascular Risk Rejected In Comprehensive Analysis By Multidisciplinary Experts | Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center

I learned a lot from this gentleman.

RIP Swale.

From Dr. Crisler's site:

From the staff: Our friend Dr. John Crisler died unexpectedly on Wednesday. Although Dr. Crisler had a history of heart disease, he was an active athlete and bodybuilder and lived life to its fullest. He had a soft spot for little dogs that he rescued. We all benefitted from the power of his gentle spirit and generous nature, and are devastated by the loss. His office staff requests contributions in his name be made either to the Heart Association or to the pet rescue shelter of your choice.

RIP brother Swale. Thank you for fighting the good fight.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131