over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

need help with chicken

JuiceJunkie

Registered
it has gotten cold here in indiana and the grill is out of the question, i never have any luck with the oven and was wanting suggestions on cooking chicken breasts. Wanting to know how everyone else cooks their chicken? george foreman grill, oven. Was thinking about getting one of those toaster ovens that use new technology for cooking (kinda like that infomercial on tv, almost like a rotisserie). Even a fool proof oven recipe. any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

i wouldnt use a george forman grill for chicken......it cooks too hot and the outside will get over cooked before it reaches 165 degrees inside....

try just cooking them on the stove top in a pan with a lid...keeping in the moisture will keep the chicken pretty tender.

I never thought about the stove top. About medium heat? Thanks for the info. I agree, never have liked my chicken on the George Foreman

I never thought about the stove top. About medium heat? Thanks for the info. I agree, never have liked my chicken on the George Foreman

medium heat on the stove top is good...you could buy a whole roaster chicken and brine it! makes the moistest juciest chicken ever

medium heat on the stove top is good...you could buy a whole roaster chicken and brine it! makes the moistest juciest chicken ever

great idea also.....brining works wonders. super moist meats.

I like to cut it into small pieces sprinkle it with garlic powder or minced garlic and add mushrooms fresh or canned. I've been eating that forever, when I'm not dieting I add in potato slices, or cubes and some olive oil.

ive found the best way to cook chicken on the foreman is to butterfly the breasts (cut them in half length wise), marinate, also use evoo then toss them on george for 5mins.....done ...not overcooked still juicy

ive found the best way to cook chicken on the foreman is to butterfly the breasts (cut them in half length wise), marinate, also use evoo then toss them on george for 5mins.....done ...not overcooked still juicy

thats a great way to cook them.....never thought of that..haha...im gonna try that later.

there are many ways to prepare a chicken breast for dinner.
When grill it or put it in a oven best is to marinate it before let the marinate work in for some hours.
Ketchup/garlic/pepper/olive oil/soybeensauce/oystersauce this is a great mix for the marinate.
lilke others said yes make strips off the filet its is better for the marinate and the filets will be ready faster.

Aslo its good to cook them in vegetable stock, put some vegies in it like carrot/ parsil/ onion/tomatoes/bay leaf/celery
When you boil the chicken breast in this for 45 minutes it will be ready and is non fat and teste good specially when put this on a salade.
The stock you can use again the day after.

I like to cut it into small pieces sprinkle it with garlic powder or minced garlic and add mushrooms fresh or canned. I've been eating that forever, when I'm not dieting I add in potato slices, or cubes and some olive oil.

I was doing almost the same thing.. But using a bunch of paprika and no mushrooms.. And cooking in EVOO.. After 7 straight months though i got sick of it..

I was doing almost the same thing.. But using a bunch of paprika and no mushrooms.. And cooking in EVOO.. After 7 straight months though i got sick of it..

Just about anything after 7 months straight will get you sick of it. You can pretty much name your favorite food and after 7 straight months of it you're sick of it.

That's why you have to switch things off a bit.

But I started a thread called "Bridgeport chicken", check that one out, it's actually pretty good and I've been having it for about 2 years now, (off and on of course)

I'm not into charred meat or something that requires lots of salt-like seasoning.

I just started poaching my fish and chicken both.

The recipe I use is pretty simple:

In a large skillet, place the boneless, skinless chicken or fish fillets, add 1 cup dry white wine, 1 bay leaf, 1 small onion-sliced, 8-12 whole black peppercorns, and enough water to cover.
Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer and cook until done. Usually about 20 minutes or so for chicken, less for fish.

Then I eat it as-is, or add it to salads or soup or whatever. Great for cooking up a bunch at once!

I'm not into charred meat or something that requires lots of salt-like seasoning.

I just started poaching my fish and chicken both.

The recipe I use is pretty simple:

In a large skillet, place the boneless, skinless chicken or fish fillets, add 1 cup dry white wine, 1 bay leaf, 1 small onion-sliced, 8-12 whole black peppercorns, and enough water to cover.
Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer and cook until done. Usually about 20 minutes or so for chicken, less for fish.

Then I eat it as-is, or add it to salads or soup or whatever. Great for cooking up a bunch at once!

This sounds pretty good, my son eats very healthy, his favorite is shrimp, but I'm having a tough time getting him to eat chicken breast, I always find it in his toybox. But this method may be more moist then mine, so I will give it a try, thanks for posting.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131