over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Heavy Weight vs. Light Weight Training

Like the article says both have their place but when it comes to shape and density the longer you can place a load under the muscle performing eccentric/concentric movements... the more stimulus.

TUT training has been unreal in the advancement of my training personally.

The longer you train with heavier weights, the greater the stress on your ligaments and tendons and sooner or later you are going to come up with an injury or tendonitus. And it is stressful on your nervous system. Best way is to train heavy for a few months , then light for several months to let your body recover. Otherwise the gains seem to slow down and even stop. Rest and re-cooperation is a very important part of training.

so what about drop sets super-sets? Wouldn't that get basically hit both of them?

I incorporate my workouts with both heavy and lightweight. It matters what I am hitting and how much of a squeeze and focus I want on it.

Like the article says both have their place but when it comes to shape and density the longer you can place a load under the muscle performing eccentric/concentric movements... the more stimulus.

TUT training has been unreal in the advancement of my training personally.

I've been using TUT for a few weeks now and love it. I've been having horrible IT band problems and can't go heavy like I use to so I've cut the weight in half and slowed the tempo. This has made a huge difference. I often do 1 min sets 4 seconds eccentric, 2 second pause, 4 second concentric. I do that tempo for 60-70 seconds and the burn is unbelievable. The pump is amazing and hardly any pain in my IT band. I use TUT on every exercise.

I've been using TUT for a few weeks now and love it. I've been having horrible IT band problems and can't go heavy like I use to so I've cut the weight in half and slowed the tempo. This has made a huge difference. I often do 1 min sets 4 seconds eccentric, 2 second pause, 4 second concentric. I do that tempo for 60-70 seconds and the burn is unbelievable. The pump is amazing and hardly any pain in my IT band. I use TUT on every exercise.

Are you a local around kansas? I think I have seen you at quite a few shows...

Are you a local around kansas? I think I have seen you at quite a few shows...

Yes, I live in Kansas City, MO (Liberty) I go to as many shows as possible. I love the sport.

Good deal brother! I am in lee's summit so I will see ya around!

Good deal brother! I am in lee's summit so I will see ya around!

I train at Xtreme every Wednesday. Leg day with Brandon Cass. I plan to train twice a week with him to get my legs and arms up more.

TUT

I am a trainer and I had a client do the TUT program for the last 8 weeks. When he first came to me he had a max bench of 205x2. I met with him yesterday and started him on flat bench, intending to do just a 4x6. By the second set he was easily pushing 225 for 6 reps. So I had him agree to seeing where is 2 rep max was at. My mind was blown to see that he pushed 275 for 2 reps, receiving no help from me. Even after completing this we still went on to hit working sets on Incline bench, weighted dips and some separate tricep work. This person only does clean nutrition, as far as "supplementing" his workouts.

Needless to say, I am also a supporter of the TUT program, Interesting read here, as I currently do something similar, but I would have to say that I have had the most success (personally and with clients) with TUT.

For me having a broken spine and being incredibly careful at the gym I went from 138lbs to 226lbs in about 2 years time with TUT and some serious gear protocol but its gotten harder for me now because the meds effect my workouts and ability to eat as much as I need I cycled off and have until December before I get back on and my weight is sitting at 208 I'm still using riptropin from theprovider and the stuff is great its very strong I got plantar faciatis in my feet from using 4 iu a day so backed down to 2 and it resolved its self. One thing I'd like to know is what can I do for cardio that doesn't impact my back or knees ? You guys know of anything short of flailing your arms around your head

For me the elliptical is easy on the knees, compared to a treadmill anyway. I've never cared for stationary bikes, either.

for all you TUT guys on here...can you expplain a simple routine fro the uniformed...as in routine i mean for example lets say a chest workout what would your chest day look like...do tou lighten the weight a certain percentage from your one rep max what is your rep ranges do you pyramid up with poundage still doing TUT but dropping your reps...or do you just keep the weight the sameand do your TUT but reps get lower as you fatigue set after set..

Looks like both Phil and Dante knew what they were doing with their training programs. Maybe need to take the reps a little higher (20+) on some sets to get the best results though?

I mostly do aliil bit of both during all my workouts....

Same here. After warming up I train with heavier weights and a couple minutes rest between sets, the second half of the workout is lighter weight and very short rest between sets.

The longer you train with heavier weights, the greater the stress on your ligaments and tendons and sooner or later you are going to come up with an injury or tendonitus. And it is stressful on your nervous system. Best way is to train heavy for a few months , then light for several months to let your body recover. Otherwise the gains seem to slow down and even stop. Rest and re-cooperation is a very important part of training.
:star-w:rs

simply put: Periodization, thats what works

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner