YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Fat loss and AAS..Let's talk about! (Is there some real truth?)

Vision

Registered
Over the years there's been massive debates, and of lately there's been some discussions in many of the panels in regards to AAS and fat loss..Some in the gear world populace are advocating that there's "no such thing", or AAS don't burn fat..

So, let's discuss this... (AAS only, no stims or bata's,or GH)

Now, you're gonna hear mix reviews on this.. However, I have seen enough evidence that supports AAS having,creating a environment/platform for fat burning..DIET without a doubt is crucial, and the pivotal player..However, there is real science behind fat loss and AAS, but please don't put all your money on it solely as an effective combatant..But nonetheless AAS is effective!

AAS that are seen/recognized on the high/or moderate androgenic scale will in fact promote/increase lypolysis..Thus andros have a higher binding affinity to AR's..

FYI; Androgen receptors are found throughout cellular groups, as well as FAT and muscle cell/groups, now we know that they initiate a response on AR's in muscle cells to promote size/growth, at the same given time they will have a cascade of effects on other cells and AR's found therein fat cells inducing activity/burning..

Higher/more potent the androgen binds to the androgen receptors, the greater the lipolytic response will be on adipose tissue (brown or white)...

Now lets also take into great consideration AR upregulation with the presence of androgens, more AR sites throughout targeting tissue..,There's a vast amount of activity in which a complex interplay between activation and inactivation mechanisms and signaling between cell groups, what People need to remember that hormones are "chemical messengers" that rely messages to cells that display specific receptors for each hormone and respond to the signaling..Depending on the compounds and the individuals metabolization ratio the hormone can/may make changes directly to a cell, by changing the genes that are activated, or by making changes indirectly to a cell by stimulating other signaling pathways inside a specific cell group that is effected and effect other processes, thus this can "initiate" an intracellular cascade of events.. So, the notion that fat loss is NOT presence, and to mitigate that AAS don't posses any fat loss properties is absurd...

So, yes AAS may assist with fat loss, however don't expect miracles and it's advised to have a lower body fat% by diet to expect to see more fat loss effects, but its not crucial..Have your macro's dialed in with your AAS intake, cardio ,and anything is possible, we've seen amazing things happen in this lifestyle..Even a couch potato can see results (whether it's deserving or not is a completely different topic)

There's an abundance of clinical research and peer-reviewed data that strongly supports testosterone (and other AAS) fat reducing actions and its preventative impact on adipocyte generation...As AAS (especially Testosterone) acts both in the breakdown of existing fat tissue and to hinder pre-adipocytes from maturing.

This is where some AAS began you acquire there reputation, or spin a myth (winstrol) at promoting fat loss, and achieve lower body fat,cuts..With this said, there's some truth behind winstrol and cuts, but not directly!

Share you thoughts and experience with this!

Below is some studies conducted in fat loss, one in particular stresses the relation with diet and TRT and others just on a placebo and diet...The outcome is astonishing!!

Testosterone Treatment Combined With Diet Reduces Fat, Maintains Muscle

April 5, 2016

By Frances Morin

BOSTON -- April 5, 2016 -- Obese men treated with testosterone in addition to a low-calorie diet show greater reduction in body fat and less loss of muscle mass than men on similar diets who did not receive testosterone, according to a study presented here at the 98th Annual Meeting of the Endocrine Society (ENDO).
“In men successfully losing weight through diet, both lean and fat mass are lost,” said Mark Ng Tang Fui, MBBS, BMedSc, The University of Melbourne, Heidelberg, Australia, on April 3.
“The addition of testosterone prevents the loss of lean mass and shifts weight loss to almost exclusive loss of fat,” he added.
Obesity has been linked to lower testosterone levels, whereas weight loss resulting from calorie restriction is linked to increases in circulating testosterone, noted the researchers. At the same time, weight loss in middle-aged men typically depletes fat and muscle.
Although testosterone treatment has been also shown to reduce fat mass, the effects of combining testosterone treatment with calorie restriction have not been demonstrated.
For the study, the researchers enrolled 100 obese men (body mass index [BMI], >30 kg/m2), aged 18 to 75 years, with low to low-normal serum total testosterone levels (average of 2 consecutive morning fasting levels of <12 nmol/L [<346 ng/dL]).
The men were all placed on a very-low-calorie diet (~600 kcal/day) for 10 weeks, followed by a maintenance period of 46 weeks. They were randomised 1:1 in a blinded fashion to receive intramuscular testosterone 1,000 mg or placebo injections at baseline, week 6, and every 6 weeks thereafter over the 56 weeks of the study.
At the study’s end, weight loss in both groups was similar, ie, an average of 11 kg (24.2 lb; P < .05 vs baseline). However, patients in the testosterone group lost 3 kg (6.6 lb) more body fat than those in the placebo group (P = .05) and lost significantly less lean mass than those in the placebo group (P = .001).
Patients in the testosterone group also lost significantly more visceral adipose tissue at week 56 (P < .05).
“We found that testosterone treatment reduces fat mass in obese men with a low testosterone level, more than the effects of diet alone,” concluded Dr. Fui. “Testosterone treatment also reduces visceral fat, more than the effects of diet alone, and prevents diet-associated loss of lean mass and muscle function.”
“Although these changes are expected to be metabolically favourable, further trials in this population need to determine cardiometabolic and other benefits weighed against potential adverse effects,” Dr. Fui added.
[Presentation title: Effect of Testosterone Therapy Combined With a Very Low Caloric Diet on Fat Mass in Obese Men With a Low to Low-Normal Testosterone Level: A Randomized Controlled Trial. Abstract LB-OR02-1]

Testosterone therapy in hypogonadal men results in sustained and clinically meaningful weight loss

Abstract

WHAT IS ALREADY KNOWN ABOUT THIS SUBJECT:

Hypogonadism is associated with increased fat mass and reduced muscle mass, which contributes to obesity and health risks, such as cardiovascular disease.Testosterone treatment of hypogonadal men improves muscle mass and reduces fat mass; however, many of these studies are of short duration.Thus, the long-term effects of testosterone on body anthropometry are not known.

WHAT THIS STUDY ADDS:

Long-term testosterone treatment of hypogonadal men, up to 5 years duration, produced marked and significant decrease in body weight, waist circumference and body mass index. Hypogonadism contributes to reduced muscle mass and increased adiposity.Testosterone treatment ameliorates loss of muscle mass and reduces fat accumulation associated with hypogonadism. In this study, we evaluated the long-term effects of normalizing testosterone (T) levels in hypogonadal men on anthropometric parameters. Open-label, single-center, cumulative, prospective registry study of 261 men (32-84 years, mean 59.5 ± 8.4 years, with T levels ***8804;12 nmol L-1 [mean: 7.7 ± 2.1]). Among the 261 men on T treatment, we followed up on 260 men for at least 2 years, 237 for 3 years, 195 for 4 years and 163 for at least 5 years. Subjects received parenteral T undecanoate 1000 mg every 12 weeks after an initial interval of 6 weeks. Body weight (BW), waist circumference (WC) and body mass index (BMI) were measured at baseline and yearly after treatment with T. BW decreased from 100.1 ± 14.0 kg to 92.5 ± 11.2 kg and WC was reduced from 107.7 ± 10.0 cm to 99.0 ± 9.1 cm. BMI declined from 31.7 ± 4.4 m kg-2 to 29.4 ± 3.4 m kg-2. All parameters examined were statistically significant vs. baseline and vs. the previous year over 5 years, indicating a continuous weight loss (WL) over the full observation period. The mean per cent WL was 3.2 ± 0.3% after 1 year, 5.6 ± 0.3%, after 2 years, 7.5 ± 0.3% after 3 years, 9.1 ± 0.3% after 4 years and 10.5 ± 0.4% after 5 years. The data obtained from this uncontrolled, observational, registry study suggest that raising serum T to normal physiological levels in hypogonadal men produces consistent loss in BW, WC and BMI. These marked improvements were progressive over the 5 years of the study.

KEYWORDS:

Testosterone, obesity, waist circumference, weight loss

PMID: 24163704 [PubMed] PMCID: PMC3799011 Free PMC Article

**broken link removed**

Aas most deffinatly give you an edge with fat loss, miracle fat loss drug they are not, the rules still apply eat less move more but they do help i hate it when someone regurgitates "aas dont burn fat" they will to a degree however you still have to work for it. The persons general health should be in order blood pressure and cholesterol, if. general health is good they and they understand the risk i say go for it..

Sent from my SM-G920T using Professional Muscle mobile app

Of course AAS help's with fat loss,how do you think people cut down body fat to 4% for a comp...They are a tool not a crutch...If you put in the diet and hard work and know how and what to use when to use it it's going to cut fat...But I will push Diet,Training 100% before Aas should be involved...

Have some recent experiences that tell me there is No Doubt About It!
I have had my t shut down for past 8 yrs or so, due to an illness. Been on trt. Was off trt for about 3-4mo and gained a fair amt of weight even though lifestyle really didn't change.
Flash to now- back on, and after two weeks/injections my abs are coming back and fat is failing off and it was truly surprising. Didn't think it could happen quite that easily.
So in my mind, np doubt about it that testosterone has fat loss properties. As for other androgens, I think there would need to be studies. Nandrolone, ehhh, idk. Tren, probably, even I don't like it. Var, oh hell yes. And so on.
Just one man's opinion/take on it.

Have some recent experiences that tell me there is No Doubt About It!
I have had my t shut down for past 8 yrs or so, due to an illness. Been on trt. Was off trt for about 3-4mo and gained a fair amt of weight even though lifestyle really didn't change.
Flash to now- back on, and after two weeks/injections my abs are coming back and fat is failing off and it was truly surprising. Didn't think it could happen quite that easily.
So in my mind, np doubt about it that testosterone has fat loss properties. As for other androgens, I think there would need to be studies. Nandrolone, ehhh, idk. Tren, probably, even I don't like it. Var, oh hell yes. And so on.
Just one man's opinion/take on it.
Believe it or not, these a military stud where nandrolone was used and some fat loss was shown, but there was water gains and such..

there's plenty of studies advocating fat loss.. you can find a ton my man, just gotta know how to do the correct research, and research your research.. Its there! :)

Believe it or not, these a military stud where nandrolone was used and some fat loss was shown, but there was water gains and such..

there's plenty of studies advocating fat loss.. you can find a ton my man, just gotta know how to do the correct research, and research your research.. Its there! :)

What compounds have you seen best fat loss from all other things being constant?

Seems like most people say tren, npp and var.

Androgens contribute to fat loss through a host of different mechanisms. To which degree depends on your diet, activity, sensitivity to androgens and how much/ what your taking.

For me, tren, winstrol, and test are the big three for recomposing my physique. Superdrol works the fastest and hits the hardest but isn't on the top 3 becUse I can't tolerate the sides for more then 4 weeks at a time.

Clen dropped me 10 pounds in 2 weeks diet cardio stayed the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree there is a small contribution to fat loss. Keep in mind this requires an overall energy deficit i.e. cutting phase. Personally, and i understand this my be unique to my genetics, I found that they are not effective for nutrient partitions. In other words, I will grow on AAS with a small energy surplus. But the ratio of lean to fat gains are only slightly better than TRT. This is probably not the case with most guys, but those that gain fat easily may be experiencing the same effect.

What compounds have you seen best fat loss from all other things being constant?

Seems like most people say tren, npp and var.

For myself Tren and var (winny for the touch up).. And Test, my physique would never be where its at if it wasn't for test..

NPP doesnt seem to really peal off fat to crazy, but rather keeps me feeling fuller when I'm going flat..

For myself Tren and var (winny for the touch up).. And Test, my physique would never be where its at if it wasn't for test..

NPP doesnt seem to really peal off fat to crazy, but rather keeps me feeling fuller when I'm going flat..

Doses?

Tren most definitely burns fat on me. Every time I use it I recomp no matter what I do. I always thought all the sweating from tren had something to do with it's marvelous recomping effect but the last run I did was super low dose and it got me shredded just the same minus the profuse sweating

Test is king for me. I can use a modest dose of 250mg per week and sans any other changes start recomping. Its not insane and I wont get shredded but definitely definitely noticeable.
Test tren and eq is my fave stack.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

For the fat loss effect I think Testosterone, Winstrol and Masteron work the best for me. I dont use tren and have too little experience with anavar to say.

Tren made the fat drop off my frame. That's the only way to describe it. NPP didn't really seem to have much of an effect on body fat in my experience.

I know the tren made a huge difference in terms of speed of fat loss because I've followed the same diet and training while using other AAS and no AAS and the body fat dropped almost twice as fast while using Tren. Last time I tried Tren it did mess with my sleep habits the first couple of weeks though.

I'll add that with Tren - at least in my case - I could get away with eating a lot of junk and still remain very lean.

It's not so much about direct fat burning, but powerful nutrient partitioning, right?

It's not so much about direct fat burning, but powerful nutrient partitioning, right?

I've thought this also...I noticed that if I start out lean and then blast a shit ton of gear I could eat quite a bit of junk and still stay lean. It doesn't last forever ofcourse I eventually get fat but one thing I learned from experimenting on myself was that if I ate clean all week I could go nuts on the weekends (chinese buffets/mexican) and still stay lean....and this is on 3+ grams of gear....throw gh in the mix and it gets even better.

I've thought this also...I noticed that if I start out lean and then blast a shit ton of gear I could eat quite a bit of junk and still stay lean. It doesn't last forever ofcourse I eventually get fat but one thing I learned from experimenting on myself was that if I ate clean all week I could go nuts on the weekends (chinese buffets/mexican) and still stay lean....and this is on 3+ grams of gear....throw gh in the mix and it gets even better.

What was the 3G plus of gear bud?

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost