over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Increased workload = Gains!

Extreme

Registered
Recently, thanks to the homework of Dan Moore and my best friend Ron Sowers, I've been M-Timing my exercises.
http://max-stimulation.hypertrophy-research.com/

Logically, increasing the workload increases muscle stimulation. But unlike Dan's program I chose PITT-Force; a Dorian Yates split with a days rest between workouts. (ie. #1 Chest/Biceps, #2 Legs, #3 Delts/Triceps, #4 Back). Due to how taxing it is, a single set of a one exercise per muscle suffices... so it's two sets a workout! Equalling 10 minute workouts.

Closing in on three decades of dedicated training, predominantly using Heavy Duty, this is by far the deepest depletion I have ever experienced. I benched and curled for 4 minutes the other day. At the end each muscle was twitching and aching unlike anything else I have felt... and I've tried it all over time. To me this is the ultimate way of training as all others involve continuous reps, which means being hindered/restricted by the build up of toxins and blood clogging.

Last edited:
Bicep agony!

Yesterday I tried M-Time on incline curls, which worked wonderfully as I could rest the dumbells on my lap between reps. I squeezed out 14 reps using my 5 rep maximum... my arms felt funky afterwards but I wasn't prepared what was to come. Early evening a deepseated discomfort starting creeping in, a hint of things to come.

Then this morning I awoke to the Mother of all bicep pains! Top to bottom, left to right... my biceps have never been this trashed no matter what intensity enhancer I've used. Who would have thought such a simplistic method would have depleted my poor arms so completely and thoroughly! :eek:

I'm very interested to see what kind of gains you experience on this program. I've read much of Dan's stuff and he has a solid scientific basis for his training, but I wonder if he shouldn't totally discard the "pump" effect of vascular occlusion, seeing as how the Japanese Kaatsu studies are showing tremendous hypertrophy using it.
Either way, good luck with it and post regular updates!::port-smi

M-Time

Thanks. So far this has proven the most intense system I have thrown at my body, and I don't miss the pump once I adapted to it. I fully believe there are numerous benefits that lay in this unique method. Doubling the workload, which if one went poundage wise would take a lengthy period, is immediate, which is quite a jolt to the system as a whole.

As I mentioned in my last post, I squeezed out 14 incline curls with the same weight I barely perform 5 reps with. That is almost triple the workload they would normally receive... no wonder they are still sore 3 days later! :eek:

I will keep you updated on what eventuates, but from the depth of depletion it stands to reason my body has to do something to cope... that "something" being to up it's resources (muscle mass) in accordance. ;)

jotun said:
I'm very interested to see what kind of gains you experience on this program. I've read much of Dan's stuff and he has a solid scientific basis for his training, but I wonder if he shouldn't totally discard the "pump" effect of vascular occlusion, seeing as how the Japanese Kaatsu studies are showing tremendous hypertrophy using it.
Either way, good luck with it and post regular updates!::port-smi
Yes, in aged or sedentary but yet to have produced any decent results with trained or even semi-trained. Secondaly there have been no long term studies and the Japaneese studies have used miniscule subject pools, making it very skeptical and difficult to truly identify what the results are.

Dan Moore said:
Yes, in aged or sedentary but yet to have produced any decent results with trained or even semi-trained. Secondaly there have been no long term studies and the Japaneese studies have used miniscule subject pools, making it very skeptical and difficult to truly identify what the results are.

I agree, but it still seems a bit extreme to totally disregard any potential benefit fatigue may have on hypertrophy (vasculogenesis, etc.).
I'm still very interested to see more logs of this training system, as the few I've seen so far have mostly been from people who are considered "semi-trained" in the bodybuilding community.

Extreme,

What is PITT-force training and can you tell me where I can find more info. on it?

Dan Moore said:

This is incorrect. One study found strength and size gains in trained rugby players on par with those observed in sedentary/aged subjects. The load was not merely a "kaatsu walk" however - something like 50 reps @ 50% of -rep maximum.

PITT-Force

Equalizer said:
Extreme,

What is PITT-force training and can you tell me where I can find more info. on it?

From what I have been able to track down, it is structure is similar to Dorian Yates' "Blood & Guts" routine, but resting between sets, as per M-Time. Nicole Pfuetzenreuter and her husband use it with great success!

reminds me of 20rep squats ues your 10 rep max and stop at the top of every rep for 3 deep breaths

Resumed

Now my rotar cuffs are feeling better, something I inflicted upon myself through a well-known system, I have resumed PITT again. Now knowing the system better and my tolerance to it in terms of volume and frequency, I decided to follow a honed version a PITT "expert" outlined for me.

BB Press
Chinup
Preacher Curl

Squat
Dip
Calf Raise

I like tapering my workouts down from the most taxing to the least. It's what I have done most of my life, and makes sense as a cooling off tactic. Twice weekly is certainly enough for me based on the after-effects I get following each workout. Also, the CNS drain requires lengthy down periods to ensure I can psyche up again with full capacity.

I did workout #1 Sunday, and it only took a handful of reps to remind me how effective this stuff is ... my triceps, delts, and back felt the effects deep down. That is what seperates PITT from any other training system, you aren't restricted or hampered by the build up of toxins or waste-products, allowing you to work the muscles much further than convential -- one rep immediately follows the other -- methods. Besides, being able to handle heavier workloads right from the start, is a welcome bonus, especially for us super-advanced who's progress isn't as monumental as in previous years!

Last edited:
here's a youtube video of nicole doing "PITT" workout.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJ8Jgiu5OGI

It's actually just a fancy new name for arnold's old rest-pause reps. you pick a heavy weight and rest between reps. it looks interesting for a month or two.

almost every training method has value for a while: high-volume, high-intensity, rest-pause, negatives, yada yada yada.

But i'm glad this was brought up. I'm going to try it for a month or two, since i've hit a plateau the last few months on mass. it can't hurt when there's no growth already.

Last edited:
PITT

Thanks, I have that video saved on my system!

I can say without doubt PITT kicks my butt unlike anything I have ever done. Today I am a wreck from yesterday's workout (squats, dips, calf raises). I found dips especially trashed my whole upper body! Where I usually struggle to squeeze out half a dozen, using PITT I managed 12 and paid the price as the day progressed.

At least with PITT I know I've earnt the week's rest between workouts. Unlike Mike Mentzer's Consolidation Routine, which left me wanting and wondering whether I'd done enough. It was agony doing so little so infrequently, but PITT solves that dilemma perfectly.

Best of luck, I'm interested in hearing how it works out for you?

Last edited:
Isnt this the Rest-Pause technique DC uses?

No

Isnt this the Rest-Pause technique DC uses?

You actually rest between each and every rep right from the start of a set. You can increase the rest up to as long as 30 seconds to keep getting the reps done. There are some exercises that are just horribly tedious to do this way (like squats where you have to rack the bar between each rep) and others that work reasonably well. It is a bit different than the way DC uses rest/pause though.

Now my rotar cuffs are feeling better, something I inflicted upon myself through a well-known system, I have resumed PITT again. Now knowing the system better and my tolerance to it in terms of volume and frequency, I decided to follow a honed version a PITT "expert" outlined for me.

BB Press
Chinup
Preacher Curl

Squat
Dip
Calf Raise

I like tapering my workouts down from the most taxing to the least. It's what I have done most of my life, and makes sense as a cooling off tactic. Twice weekly is certainly enough for me based on the after-effects I get following each workout. Also, the CNS drain requires lengthy down periods to ensure I can psyche up again with full capacity.

I did workout #1 Sunday, and it only took a handful of reps to remind me how effective this stuff is ... my triceps, delts, and back felt the effects deep down. That is what seperates PITT from any other training system, you aren't restricted or hampered by the build up of toxins or waste-products, allowing you to work the muscles much further than convential -- one rep immediately follows the other -- methods. Besides, being able to handle heavier workloads right from the start, is a welcome bonus, especially for us super-advanced who's progress isn't as monumental as in previous years!

do i undertstand this right? u do 1 workset for each muscle group done that day? also do u do work 1 and 2 the same every week? or do u switch up exercises? thanx

I think this may be an interesting thing to do once in a while for a week or two to shock the system.

PITT/Max-Stim

do i undertstand this right? u do 1 workset for each muscle group done that day? also do u do work 1 and 2 the same every week? or do u switch up exercises? thanx

Sorry, been without Net access for a period of time! :(

To answer your query - 1 set... taken almost to failure... you cease when you have to rest 20 secs between reps. The exercise are individual, but the point being, as it is so taxing the minimal possible is the smartest weay to proceed. I learnt the hard way, taking a set of pressdowns to the limit... then I was unable to use my arms properly for the remainder of the following week!!! :eek:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131