over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Night protein study

BFHammer

Registered
Mercola also mentions in another video to avoid Whey isolate saying that it doesn't get absorbed correctly and can cause damage from build up. I haven't found further information on that yet.

**broken link removed**

By Dr. Mercola

A recent study looked at the role of protein in modulating post-exercise overnight recovery.

The researchers assessed the impact of protein ingestion immediately prior to sleep on digestion, absorption kinetics, and protein metabolism on 16 healthy young males.

The participants were asked to perform resistance exercises at 8pm in the evening.

At 9pm, all participants ate a recovery meal consisting of 20 grams of protein and 60 grams of carbs.

Then, 30 minutes before they went to bed, half of them drank a high-protein beverage. According to the authorsi:

"During sleep casein protein was effectively digested and absorbed resulting in a rapid rise in circulating amino acid levels which were sustained throughout the remainder of the night.

Protein ingestion prior to sleep increased whole-body protein synthesis rates and improved net protein balance...

This is the first study to show that protein ingested immediately prior to sleep is effectively digested and absorbed, thereby stimulating muscle protein synthesis and improving whole-body protein balance during post-exercise, overnight recovery."

That's ancient history bra

Yea maybe in the newbie section, cuz that's pretty common know
Edge wasn't being a smart ass but geez how could you forget casein is e slowest digesting and best for night, hey here's me being smart brushing and flossing before bed is good, I just wanted to remind people

I always wake up at 2am and drink a shake of whey isolate and carbs. Its all working so far.

I always wake up at 2am and drink a shake of whey isolate and carbs. Its all working so far.

Same, 3am whey/casein/ cottage cheese.
Before bed I like to eat some sort of red meat.

I drink protein blends... When I've tried just casein, it ends up being REALLY thick. Anyway to get around that?

Try all max casein fx and too thin a shake add water

Just started incorporating raw milk cottage cheese :) and raw goat milk keffir, loving it so far. No farts yet either!

I'm pretty sure there's a harvard study that concludes casein protein causes cancer.

I know I know everything causes cancer.. but seriously if I can find it I'll post it.

how the hell do you guys have summit in middle of night lol makes me feel sick even when having a shake before bed.

Given that casein digests ~6g/hr, I think some cottage cheese+casein powder, or 3 scoops of casein powder (60+ g) would be more than sufficient. Add some fibre to that and I bet that'd last even longer. Eating in the middle of the night would disrupt deep sleep.

Then I'm gonna toss and turn in my sleep cause I have to pee

If i'm hungry in night I'll have a few tins of tuna to get some protein in and feel satisfied. If I wake to piss and im not hungry I don't worry about getting protein in. There's still plenty of chicken breast and steak floating about in there from the day time

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Protein

Lately i have been drinking more shakes both whey and casein really pounded the shakes and seem ro be dropping bodyfat along wth my diet.Also the protein shots but the tend to make me go straight to the bathroom

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Peterwilliam
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws