advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Does donating blood lower test levels when on TRT?

nothuman

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I have an appointment to donate double red blood cells Tuesday afternoon but I'm supposed to inject my TRT on Mondays. Am I ok to inject Monday or should I wait until after the blood donation Tuesday to inject?

I have an appointment to donate double red blood cells Tuesday afternoon but I'm supposed to inject my TRT on Mondays. Am I ok to inject Monday or should I wait until after the blood donation Tuesday to inject?

We inject IM so the medicine is released over time. I'm sure u might loose a bit but it would be such a small amount it wouldn't make a difference. If u injected it directly into the bloodstream u might loose more but still an insignificant loss.

Donate away. I wish I could donate more often than once every 2 months.

Esterified hormone injected IM rapidly leaves the injection site and circulates the body where it is stored in fatty tissues until the ester is cleaved. So you are aren't going to lower your levels at all by donating, in fact, you will probably end up with temporarily higher concentration of free hormone due to lower blood volume (similar to how donating blood temporarily increase platelets).

Donate away. I wish I could donate more often than once every 2 months.

my hematocrit was 55 and stayed at that after donating a pint. My hemoglobin is still elevated. I donated in another state 3 weeks ago so fortunately, I can donate again here. Double red cells this time though, I need those things to go down fast.

i work with a gentleman who is on TRT and has been for a few years. He donates every 56 days or whatever to keep his sugar levels good. It does not effect his test levels. But when on TRT doctors also look at your sugar levels to make sure they are good as well. Since hes been donating the doctor never bumped him down again. Hes @ like 1100. 47 years old.

my hematocrit was 55 and stayed at that after donating a pint. My hemoglobin is still elevated. I donated in another state 3 weeks ago so fortunately, I can donate again here. Double red cells this time though, I need those things to go down fast.

My doctor is very specific about donating whole blood and not doing double reds because they put everything else back (like platelets).

You need to increase your total blood volume, this is what will reduce the percentage that is RBC (hematocrit).

Bodybuilding (anaerobic threshold training) increases RBC, but aerobic training is what will increase your blood volume, and lower the percentage of the blood that red blood cells.

It might seem counter intuitive, but it is very real, and very well documented.

Last edited:
Esterified hormone injected IM rapidly leaves the injection site and circulates the body where it is stored in fatty tissues until the ester is cleaved. So you are aren't going to lower your levels at all by donating, in fact, you will probably end up with temporarily higher concentration of free hormone due to lower blood volume (similar to how donating blood temporarily increase platelets).

This is a very interesting fact. I always thought the esterified hormone stayed in the muscle oil depot and slowly released into the blood as the ester broke down. Thanks for explaining!

My doctor is very specific about donating whole blood and not doing double reds because they put everything else back (like platelets).

You need to increase your total blood volume, this is what will reduce the percentage that is RBC (hematocrit).

Bodybuilding (anaerobic threshold training) increases RBC, but aerobic training is what will increase your blood volume, and lower the percentage of the blood that red blood cells.

That's good I came home reading this because they actually didn't let me donate double red cells since they only wanted Type O blood, which I don't have. I just did whole blood again.

Also, I've been doing hard cardio 5 days a week for the last month. Hopefully that helped too.

I was actually told by Dr. to donate regularly To help lower my red blood cell count. He told me that my blood was too thick and had a condition known as polycemia. He told me that frequent donations would rectify this

I was actually told by Dr. to donate regularly To help lower my red blood cell count. He told me that my blood was too thick and had a condition known as polycemia. He told me that frequent donations would rectify this

Is there a way for you to get a prescription of some sort to be able to donate more frequently? I hate how we still have to wait 56 or whatever days to donate when our hematocrit is still high.

I recall reading this in your book :)

The one he wrote with Shelby? I need to read it again. It was terrific.

Yep, it's in the hematocrit section, I believe page 19... That book is such a great resource

Last edited:

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311