over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

I have a serious question

richardg1993

Registered
I'm 21 and weigh 140-145 5'10 I currently just started working out what would be the best thing to put on weight so I can turn it into muscle? Also all I have is dumbbells what type of work out could I do to get bigger?

I'm 21 and weigh 140-145 5'10 I currently just started working out what would be the best thing to put on weight so I can turn it into muscle? Also all I have is dumbbells what type of work out could I do to get bigger?

The best thing you can do to gain weight at your level is to just eat, followed by more eating then you should eat again.

Haha thanks man I have a real high metabolism its like I don't gain nothing lol

Im a hard gainer and I was 155 for years now I'm 202 all you have to do is eat and eat some more like BigSwole mentioned. Eat and work out diet is key, I would find a gym to go to come dumbbells might not be enough

OK yeah gym does sound good, and just wanna be huge thanks i read it it makes sense now

Just for your information, you cannot 'turn' anything but muscle into muscle. So if you are thinking you will eat, get fat, then turn that into muscle, it doesnt work like that.
There is a TON of information on this board regarding clean eating, eating for bulking, eating for cutting, hard gainers... and so on.
If you do not want to take the time to read through all of that, may I suggest you hire a coach who will walk you through it.
If you have intentions of being a competitive bodybuilder, then by all means, I strongly suggest hiring a coach. They will teach you how to do it right from the start.
Shelby Starnes and John Meadows are just two off the top of my head, but if you look around and read a bit, you probably could find more.
Also, learn to use the search function and check out the beginners section. Many of your questions have probably already been answered there.
As for anabolics, stay away from those until you need them. That's my advice.
Good luck whatever you decide.

Yeah that's what my buddy Cole said was to get a coach, and I don't want to be a competitive body builder just want to get big cause I'm tired of being small and yeah I've been looking at that site just wanna be huge sent me I'm checking out more of it but thanks for the input man I appreciate it

Thats good advice from Quietstorm. One of the things you hear from people who have never trained before is how they want to turn their fat into muscle, but anyone with any experience knows that fat is fat, and muscle is muscle... there is no in between and no way to turn one into the other.

You are at the very beginning and you could probably read for days in the beginners section to educate yourself. I would come up with the basic workout and do that for a while with your dumbells, and do what Bigswole said, just eat like crazy. But i would read up on diet first so you dont just eat shit.

After you figure out if you are committed to training then you can think about a coach and some supplements. The best thing about being new is that the results come quick in the first few months.

Good luck

Eat everything, id eat dirty bulk style as a mofo.. focus on your squat, deadlift, pull ups, bench press... domt worry about the other lil exercises....however much u do now, just keep trying to beat it and get stronger... as you get bigger, ull get hungrier... decent quality cheeseburgers are your friend lol...you will explode in size if yo go all out your first year or two... get w a very knowledgeable person on how to bench,squat, amd dl correctly from the beginning... a strength coach or powerlifter i would think would be your best bet...

What Pitbulltank just said about only doing the basic movements is probably a good idea. Honestly if i could go back and start over i would probably just do those for the first year.

I started training at 14, and i was doing like a regular bodybuilding routine hitting everything once a week. I dont know how much good it did me. Plus i didnt eat to gain which was my biggest mistake. I wanted abs so i dieted and it kept me from growing.

Also i was doing things like preacher curls and tricept cable push downs, looking back i dont think those were too valuable. Just the basics and you will get results...

First thing u need to is get access to some basic benches,squat rack, barbells, etc.... i mean, u can get creative w dbs, im just figuring they aremt very heavy... you can also get creative by pushing trucks, pullups on a tree, etc... but ull get alot more imo by just joining a gym

Yeah you will probably need a bar. Dumbells are great but you need barbells also.

Dips... dont forget to do dips early on. Everything pitbull said and dips. Pull ups, bench press, Dip, Military press, incline press, dead lift, squat. Done !!

I like what Pitbull is saying. Get someone to teach you proper form on the big compound lifts and just train and eat, you will grow. Forget about the complicated routines and supps, just focus on the big lifts and eat big.... almost like a powerlifter.
I was just like you and wasted my time trying all these 'bodybuilding' routines from the magazines, I didn't grow until I just kept it simple and got strong on the big lifts. It was only after developing a strength base that I was able to have success with other routines and lifts.

EDUCATION along with diet and working out hard. To me education is always key!

Thanks I have bar bells and I do pull ups and push ups and curls but I do them in sets of 15 which I started curls with 15 was going to work my way up so I wouldn't just hit big weights right off the back

I wish I had guidance when I started out. I just went balls to the wall every workout and ended up with bad joints and not much to gain. Then I found out cycling my training and diet worked wonders. I think something like John meadows advocates. 4 weeks of one style of training then 6 weeks of brutal workouts then back off for a few weeks like a deload then start again. Same with dieting.

There are some good articles on t-nation about how he would set up beginners training and the phases they go through.

Stayinfit that's why I'm glad I found this forum cause I'm just starting out I'm glad that there are nice enough people on here to give me this guidance and I'll look at the article thanks for telling about that article I been looking at professional muscle.com for a while today its helpful information I'm glad I found this

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member