over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Horrible Exercise Induced Insomia

Spanky1981

Newbies
I am looking for any insights into a frustrating issue I have been experiencing. If I preform any weight training and or cardio I experience extreme insomnia and non restorative sleep. I cannot progress at all because when I do push myself I pay from all the effects of lack of sleep. I start to become very hostile, depressed, sluggish, miserable, and have a lack of appetite.

When I take an extended rest period from exercise, I start to be able to sleep again, and I have good steep quality. I can keep my cpap on as well which is impossible if I have been exercising. I know all of these are classics signs of over-training, but I seem to be caught in viscous cycle.

It maybe important to note that I have been hit with a bad case of Lyme disease in my past and I still have bad CFS from that and or immune system problems. I am thinking I might have some form of autonomic dysfunction although I have never been formally diagnosed.

Anyway, if anyone else has had similar experiences or suggestions of how to handle this I would very appreciative.

If I work out too close to bedtime I can’t sleep either. If I do cardio it’s way worse. If you take a pre workout you might want to drop that. These days I work out around 5 pm and go to sleep around 10pm. If I work out at 7pm or later it will be hard to fall asleep. Have you tried to eat a large carb meal at night? That can make you more drowsy.

If I have trouble sleeping I usually take 10-30mg of indica THC gummies and get a really good rest.

The only caution is if I take them later than 10am I will still feel groggy when I wake up for about an hour

Not sure if pot is legal where you live but it's a very good natural sleep aid for me.

I've always had difficulty sleeping at night. The one thing that has worked for me has been liquid Unisom. Puts me out like a light, with no groggy feeling then next morning. And the same dosage has always worked. Never had to increase it!
GD

I get it if i workout after work or on tren. I am prescribed 1mg clonazepam at night but only take 0.5mg to 0.75mg. Always take less and no more.

400mg L-theanine on empty stomach help sleep added for me. Or benadryl 25mg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

If I work out too close to bedtime I can’t sleep either. If I do cardio it’s way worse. If you take a pre workout you might want to drop that. These days I work out around 5 pm and go to sleep around 10pm. If I work out at 7pm or later it will be hard to fall asleep. Have you tried to eat a large carb meal at night? That can make you more drowsy.

Very good pointers, I think all that Joe1988 said should be applied before implementing any kind of aid to help relax the nervous system.
Re consider you pre-workout stimulant, Is the extra neutropic stimulation REALLY helping you train better that say a simple espresso?

I am looking for any insights into a frustrating issue I have been experiencing. If I preform any weight training and or cardio I experience extreme insomnia and non restorative sleep. I cannot progress at all because when I do push myself I pay from all the effects of lack of sleep. I start to become very hostile, depressed, sluggish, miserable, and have a lack of appetite.

When I take an extended rest period from exercise, I start to be able to sleep again, and I have good steep quality. I can keep my cpap on as well which is impossible if I have been exercising. I know all of these are classics signs of over-training, but I seem to be caught in viscous cycle.

It maybe important to note that I have been hit with a bad case of Lyme disease in my past and I still have bad CFS from that and or immune system problems. I am thinking I might have some form of autonomic dysfunction although I have never been formally diagnosed.

Anyway, if anyone else has had similar experiences or suggestions of how to handle this I would very appreciative.

Sounds strange

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Elisaac062224
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner