over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Roadmap to competition

kbunyan

Newbies
Starting from zero or basic training can any of you pros guide me ? I am giving my self 2-4 years to get on stage. Is it doable ? Do I need a trainer etc ? Whats the cost involved ?

Thanks in advance.

Ummmm... any pics of your current state?

Of course, you can compete even in a year, just put the work, do your own research or hire a trainer. A good trainer will save you time, silly mistakes and money, but doing it in your own way will give you a special power and feeling.

Now, when you talk about competing, you must be clear that there is a ladder that must go up to reach successful levels. That will not happen in a year.

Of course, you can compete even in a year, just put the work, do your own research or hire a trainer. A good trainer will save you time, silly mistakes and money, but doing it in your own way will give you a special power and feeling.

Now, when you talk about competing, you must be clear that there is a ladder that must go up to reach successful levels. That will not happen in a year.

Thats the plan, one step at a time. Just wanna learn from pros thats all.

OK, you want to hire someone and are looking for advice on who is worth your money?

There are many good guys out there who can help you, there are threads in the forum on the subject.

Of course, you can compete even in a year

I dont know about that one..... he looks more than a year away to me...

Just sayin'

What division would you want to compete in? You might be able to step onto an MP stage in a novice division, but just being honest I think you'll lack the development required for success per the standards of CP and BB and frankly MP.

My $.02: Grab an accredited prep coach, ask them how long you think it would take for you to become stage ready (not just low enough bf to feel comfortable stepping on a stage), if you like that plan follow it, and engage in prep when you're ready to start it.

You might be able to step onto an MP stage in a novice division, but just being honest I think you'll lack the development required for success per the standards of CP and BB and frankly MP.

Getting onstage is one thing.. being COMPETITIVE is another....an NPC card gets him on stage but does he really wanna be "that guy"?? … if its a bucket list thing ok but if he wants to be in the mix hes a few years out IMO...but we all started somewhere....

Getting onstage is one thing.. being COMPETITIVE is another....an NPC card gets him on stage but does he really wanna be "that guy"?? … if its a bucket list thing ok but if he wants to be in the mix hes a few years out IMO...but we all started somewhere....

You are not wrong, first goal would be to get to a point where I am stage worthy, and hopefully things will take its course.

P.S looking into a coach around here.

I was trying to convey the same message as you but my language was somewhat more "floral"/"decorative" and less direct! Even if its a bucket list thing, I think he would want to show up more prepared and be happier with his kicking of said bucket if said bucket was better at posing and prepared for the stage!

I was trying to convey the same message as you but my language was somewhat more "floral"/"decorative" and less direct! Even if its a bucket list thing, I think he would want to show up more prepared and be happier with his kicking of said bucket if said bucket was better at posing and prepared for the stage!

LOL... i hear you.... but theres no reason to sugarcoat things around here.... gotta have thick skin to survive on THIS board... LOL

Yeah i dont need spoon feeding. But general guidance would be appreciated to avoid rookie mistakes

I dont know about that one..... he looks more than a year away to me...

Just sayin'

Not everyone when competing for the first time does well, but certainly through competition one gains experience and improves as an athlete. Putting yourself in the form of a contest in a year is possible, its competitiveness will depend on the show, the class and the level of the other competitors.

Yeah i dont need spoon feeding. But general guidance would be appreciated to avoid rookie mistakes

What do you really want? Ask for concrete help, use the search engine, go to google, hire a coach...

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws