advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What indicates thick blood in your blood work?

Lene28

Registered
I had my blood work done with my TRT doc and the office called telling me I had thick blood and needed to go donate. Everything else was good; what showed them I had thick blood?

Hematocrit. Did they give you a specific number?

Did your physician suggest you come into their facility to dump a pint of blood or ..."hey, run down to the blood bank and phlebot"...?

If the latter, you should discuss with your physician to either set you up therapeutics at a blood bank, e.g, Red Cross or similar. Or have you come into their facility to phlebotomize.

S/he shouldn't leave it up to you to find some random blood bank to phlebot as you 'may' get denied at a blood bank.

This goes without mentioning, s/he should discuss with you if there may be a secondary stimuli of erythropoiesis or your dosage needs adjusted.

Other than what Gizmo stated with hematocrit being the one to cue in on with hyperviscosity. Your platelets are of importance in this discussion, too.

Last edited:
Tell your doc you need a script for a therapeutic phlebotomy so no one denies you because your numbers are too high.

Did your physician suggest you come into their facility to dump a pint of blood or ..."hey, run down to the blood bank and phlebot"...?

If the latter, you should discuss with your physician to either set you up therapeutics at a blood bank, e.g, Red Cross or similar. Or have you come into their facility to phlebotomize.

S/he shouldn't leave it up to you to find some random blood bank to phlebot as you 'may' get denied at a blood bank.

This goes without mentioning, s/he should discuss with you if there may be a secondary stimuli of erythropoiesis or your dosage needs adjusted.

Other than what Gizmo stated with hematocrit being the one to cue in on with hyperviscosity. Your platelets are of importance in this discussion, too.

I live 3 hours away from him so he called it in at a local blood bank. He also told me to reduce my test dosage by 30%. They didn’t tell me the number but said they would put my blood work in the mail.

The only test that can tell you your blood is "thick" is a whole blood viscosity test.

Crit, RBC, etc are indicators your blood could be "thick" but remember that correlation isnt causation.

I have personally had above reference rbc, crit, only to have my blood viscosity come back very good.

Order a blood viscosity.

Hemoglobin is first sign.
Improper dehydration and hematacrit go up.
I have had standing order for years on TRT as needed to donate and they throw my blood away due to anti-body in my blood.

Here are photos of forms needed for order!! Well can't post photo I guess

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I had trouble with high red blood mostly hemo.
I stopped cycling or blast and cruising on my own. Tried to come back got on TRT.
I know have standing order for phlebotomy secondary polycythemia due to TRT.

I keep up with phlebotomy's and for me I can't use eq anymore, DHB same with red blood for me. Long ester test too high too.

I use short ester test and primo and lower test with trest ace and only have to go to bank every 2-3 months compared to 3 weeks. It caught up with me

It's very important to keep this in check. Heart gotta work hard. Just getting dehydrated can thicken high hemo elevate hct.
Coconut water helps me stay hydrated well

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner