over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

CARB MANIPULATION FOR OPTIMAL TRAINING

Geardepot

Guaranteed Sponsor
Registered
Sponsors
When it comes to carbohydrates, there's a fine line between what kind you should be eating and when, how many you should eat and when not to eat any at all. The proper timing depends on the task at hand and your goals. If you are trying to get lean you are likely limiting carbs to some degree as well as doing a lot of cardio and weights. The correct use of this approach does produce good results. If muscle mass is your goal, a more systematic approach to carbohydrates will be required. A cyclic diet makes sense even if you are already lean because your body requires less calories on off days then on training days. It's also true that too many carbs, if not burned off for fuel will be stored as fat. Your muscles and liver can only hold so much glycogen ( made from glucose). The amount of glycogen the muscles/liver can hold really depends on the weight of the individual and the amount of muscle mass that person carries. A rough figure usually given is between 200 and 350 grams with the liver capable of storing only 100 grams. It's important to note that for every 1 gram of carbs stored, 3 grams of water are also stored: this ties into the cell volumization concept that so many products today promote. As part of that process, then, adequate carb-and water- intake is critical. It's also important to note that the average person stores enough glycogen for about 12 hours. However, bodybuilders are not average and as soon as you begin to exercise you begin to burn glycogen for fuel. Once you deplete glycogen stores through exercise and/or low carb eating, it can take up to 48 hours to replenish. The most critical time to take in most of your carbohydrates, along with first thing in the morning, is the time surrounding the workout. Part of this process is the manipulation of the anabolic hormone insulin. Insulin is a peptide hormone released by the pancreas when glucose concentrations exceed normal levels. Elevated levels of arginine and leucine also cause this hormone to be released. Insulin effects are asserted through a series of steps that begins when it binds to receptor proteins on the cell membrane, which leads to activation of the receptor which attaches phosphate groups to intracellular enzymes. What this means is that it enhances glucose absorption and utilization and ATP production. It also enhances amino acid absorption and protein synthesis. Additionally, it stimulates fat storage. So it can be seen that insulin is a powerful anabolic hormone but also a double edged sword.
The reason insulin is a double edged sword is because to many simple carbs throughout the day will lead to insulin spikes which in turn can lead to body fat gains. Therefore insulin must be controlled, you only want a spike when you are severely depleted of glycogen such as at the end of your workout. At that time insulin is very anabolic, shuttling nutrients into the muscles and blocking the catabolic hormone cortisol.
One of the best things you can do to get the best results from your training session is to set yourself up for nutritional success by eating moderate GI carbs in the hours leading up to the workout, as you approach training time, say about one hour away, you mix up a drink containing a fast absorbing carb source like malt dextrin with dextrose, or wax maize (about 30 grams), some essential amino's high in the bcaa's and glutamine, creatine and nitric oxide.
Combined with a hard, intense training program you can achieve great results from an approach like this. The ideal training program to use would be one that focuses on hormonal manipulation by targeting testosterone and GH production.
GD

I wake up and go to the gym in the morning. When I’m leaning out, I take an ECA stack and l-carnitine about 30 min before I train. I then train fasted. I find that when doing this I burn fat much more quickly and still have my reserve glycogen to get me through my workouts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do similar to the above and I also feel that keeping 'insulin sensitivity " good is another useful factor in manipulating carbs👍

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws