over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Evaluate First Cycle Plan

brineal

Registered
Just wanted feedback on a hypothetical first cycle, any suggestions,or criticisms would be greatly appreciated.

Weeks 1-10 300 mg Test. Cyp./week
50 mg proviron/week

PCT:
Weeks 10-13 1500 IU HCG every 6 days
Weeks 12-13 40mg Nolva/day
Weeks 13-14 20mg Nolva/day

Just wanted feedback on a hypothetical first cycle, any suggestions,or criticisms would be greatly appreciated.

50 mg proviron/week

PCT:

i would run proviron 50mg/daily-probably a typo
dont take 1500iu of hcg at one time split it up and take it weeks 7-10 w/test
then weeks 12-16 nolva-4weeks
just my 2 cents

50 mg proviron/week

PCT:

please post stats

wt
bf%
lift history
DIET
GOALS

Thanks

Also HCG SHOULD NOT BE USED DURING PCT but more on that after you post stats

please post stats

wt
bf%
lift history
DIET
GOALS

Thanks

Why shouldn't HCG be used on pct?
I was told it henders HPTA, but also helps testicular atrophy.

please post stats

wt
bf%
lift history
DIET
GOALS

Thanks

thanks, it was late last night and i didnt get any of this down, im 24 years old, 6'3" 225, calipered at 11%, lifting for 5 years, on an average day my diet would look something like this:

Meal 1: 50 gram whey protein (would like to have egg whites but i am so sick of them right now i can barely stomach them, ill go back to them asap ;])
12 oz. OJ
1/2 cup oatmeal
Meal 2: (usually during class so i really have to make something outta nothing) 50 grams whey protein
1 large apple
Meal 3: 25 gram whey protein
1.5 scoops waxy maize (about 50 grams carbs)
(this is about 45 min pre workout)
Meal 4: Post workout 2 scoops waxy maize (about 70 grams carbs)
50 grams whey protein
Meal 5: one hour after post workout shake
8 oz chicken breast
1/2-1 cup pasta or
8 oz chix in a low fat low sodium can of soup)
(this meal is usually around 5 pm and is where i cut my carbs for the day)
Meal 6: 10 oz. chicken breast
2 tbsp EVOO (or 2 tbsp natty PB)
Meal 7: 10 oz. chicken breast
2 tbsp EVOO (or 2 tbsp natty PB)

from here i will add or drop macros as i feel necessary, if im not gaining, this means adding a tablespoon of EVOO or natty PB here or there and if i feel im getting too soft, bringing back my carb cutoff to an earlier time in the day.

This is generally how my day goes diet wise, i am extremely ectomorphic, i started lifting weighing 160 lbs, from there i have been up above 230 natural attained simply by me busting ass and eating a ton.

My goal is to be the best bodybuilder i can, i have competed once in 2007 at the evergreen state championships i took second in mens novice heavys. to be competitive i need my bodyweight much much higher, 6'3" is a huge frame to fill so i know i have my work cut out for me. im confident i can do it, i have worked my ass off to get where i am now and i would like to eventually be competitive regionally.

again, i am rolling around the thought of a first cycle, i have not committed to it yet by any means, but it has been on my mind so i have been researching it.

just my 2 cents

yes, sorry 50 mg prov per day,

also another typo, nolva would be run 40 mg/ day weeks 12 and 13 and 20 mg/ day weeks 14 and 15. sorry, it was late last night, thanks for the response.

Why shouldn't HCG be used on pct?
I was told it henders HPTA, but also helps testicular atrophy.

HCG inhibits natural testosterone production. I followed swales protocol (when I did PCT, I now do TRT) and had full recovery post cycle. There is ALOT of misinformation about HCG and using in PCT around. IMO and in my experience swales protocol is where it's at. Others may have different opinions, you need to read up and make your own decision. (but HCG in PCT is the wrong decision :cool: )

post 3 in this link

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
HCG inhibits natural testosterone production. I followed swales protocol (when I did PCT, I now do TRT) and had full recovery post cycle. There is ALOT of misinformation about HCG and using in PCT around. IMO and in my experience swales protocol is where it's at. Others may have different opinions, you need to read up and make your own decision. (but HCG in PCT is the wrong one decision :cool: )

post 3 in this link

**broken link removed**

thanks for that link, so rather than running the HCG post cycle, it should be run during the cycle at 500-1000 IU per week in divided doses.

as far as proviron vs arimidex, is there a benefit to one vs. the other or is it mainly personal preference?

another ? would i be better off running a slightly shorter cycle (6-8) weeks and possibly upping the dose of test?

It's a perfect first cycle in my opinion. I'd do it just the way you posted it in first post along with Drob's suggestion on HCG. I don't like HCG during PCT. I think it works against you. And I like starting HCG 3-4 weeks into a cycle.

The proviron works very well. But if you find that you are aromatizing too much, I would either lower the Test or add Arimidex starting at 0.25mg EOD.

Last edited:
It's a perfect first cycle in my opinion. I'd do it just the way you posted it in first post along with Drob's suggestion on HCG. I don't like HCG during PCT. I think it works against you. And I like starting HCG 3-4 weeks into a cycle.

The proviron works very well. But if you find that you are aromatizing too much, I would either lower the Test or add Arimidex starting at 0.25mg EOD.

thanks for the input! here is my adjusted cycle plan

weeks 1-10 300mg test. cypionate/week
50 mg proviron/day
600 IU HCG/ week in divided doses of 300 IU

weeks 12 and 13 40 mg nolva/day

weeks 14 and 15 20 mg nolva/day

i just want to run a smart, relatively safe first cycle which will give some good results, since ive never run AAS before, i think the 300 mg test/week will be plenty.

if anyone else has any feedback, please post, i appreciate you guys taking the time to help me. Thanks!

thanks for the input! here is my adjusted cycle plan

weeks 1-10 300mg test. cypionate/week
50 mg proviron/day
600 IU HCG/ week in divided doses of 300 IU

weeks 12 and 13 40 mg nolva/day

weeks 14 and 15 20 mg nolva/day

i just want to run a smart, relatively safe first cycle which will give some good results, since ive never run AAS before, i think the 300 mg test/week will be plenty.

if anyone else has any feedback, please post, i appreciate you guys taking the time to help me. Thanks!
Sane and sensible! You will get some good results from this. Good luck!!

WOW I'm impresses! First person I can remember asking for feedback on a first cycle that is what most people would recommend. Most kids come on here posting 2grams/wk of shit. This is sensible and you should make great gains with it. I don't think you need to do HCG every week, just my opinion. I usually go every other and it seems to be fine. Not sure how everyone else feels about frequency. Again, way to go with a smart first cycle!:D :D :D

just my 2 cents

thats true. I do 500iu of hcg 2x week from week 5 till 10 and i dont even take pct and loose no more than 5 lbs at the end. You'd probably be safer taking clomid and nolva tho

thanks for the input everybody, i think ill still run the HCG throughout, it seems like a good idea given that HCG is pretty cheap.. i wanted to avoid clomid because ive heard of possible sides with it, what would be the benefit of clomid/nolva during pct?

again, thanks everybody, its awesome to have experienced, knowlegeable people to help me out!

you should still do clomid. nolva binds to estrogen. clomid will help your balls

you should still do clomid. nolva binds to estrogen. clomid will help your balls

Great first cycle, I can tell you've done some research on this before posting.

HCG use is personal preferrence. I've done it both ways and I didn't notice a difference.

Keep us updated on your progress.

Moving on, Nolvadex DOES NOT bind to estrogen! Nolvadex is not an anit-estrogen, it's a Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulator (SERM).

That means it will bind to estrogen receptors in your body, particularly in breast tissue, thus preventing actual estrogen from binding to them and preventing, to some degree, estrogen-related side effects; however, total estrogen in the body will remain the same, it may even go up slightly as Nolvadex itself is a mild estrogen, IIRC.

Arimidex is an example of an anti-estrogen (will reduce estrogen in the body). Nolvadex is an example of a SERM (estrogen-blocking effects).

Last edited:
im hoping that by following the protocol in the link posted above and running HCG during the cycle, ill be able to keep testicular atrophy at a minimum, hopefully then postcycle clomid wont really be necessary?

i feel like ive got a pretty good plan going, i really want to keep this simple for now as i have no idea how my body will respon, im planning on taking progress pics, so ill keep you guys posted on how everything's going, im excited for this and im ready to work!

Thanks again everybody!

im hoping that by following the protocol in the link posted above and running HCG during the cycle, ill be able to keep testicular atrophy at a minimum, hopefully then postcycle clomid wont really be necessary?

Correct.

I think you will do well.

Keep us posted.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views