over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

I'm always hungry - is that normal for dieting

Amino_man

Registered
Hey who has dieted to thin down the skin maybe for contest prep or to see the abs pop a bit more? For me, I'm almost starving before I eat again.

So when you diet down, are you guys ready to go kill a stray animal outside your house with the biggest kitchen knife you can find and eat it, if your next meal has the possibility of being delayed an extra 30 minutes for whatever reason?

Do you think I'm cutting my calories too much? I get up @ 7am, do morning cardio, shower then eat around an hr after waking up and last meal is at 8pm.

Here is my normal day:

Morning cardio
M1 = Plain Oatmeal / PB toast / Banana / OJ
M2 = 2 Chicken patty's / wheat bun / baby carrots / Diet Coke Zero
M3 = Chicken breast or White fish / white rice or veggies / crystal light
M4 = 1 teaspoon Smucker's Natural Peanut Butter & Banana / Skim Milk
~Workout/cardio~
M5 = Chicken breast or White fish / white rice or veggies / Slow digesting protein shake

Sorry but I don't know how to break down my P/C/F - I usually just weigh my meats to 6/8oz's and the veggies are usually 3 tbl spoons worth. Fats come in naturally besides my peanut butter addition.

Not sure how we are suppose to knwo if your undereating or not. We do not know your body, know your stats, history, training, supplementation or previous diet/offseason. More information would be needed.

Here is a good site to check your cals for alot of differant foods , really helps toget it all sorted out.

http://www.calorieking.com/foods/

Thats being said.

What are your stats , height , weight , age , give us an idea of your training , what your current body fat % is at

My first impression is that their is alot of sugar and simple starches in their especialy late in the day , and not alot of protein

Last edited:
Gunsmith;801701 My first impression is that their is alot of sugar and simple starches in their especialy late in the day said:
X2

White rice is probably not what you need. But to answer your question, yes it is normal. You can help minimize the cravings by eating protein when hungry and chewing a lot of trident lol

I actualy find that if i don't drink a full liter of water 10-15 min before i eat that i will go into a feeding frenzy , its crazy !! If i eat a meal and im not totaly full , i get crazy hungry as i get close to finishing the meal to the point where i almost feel hypoglycemic , get mind shakes , light headed stomach pains.

So i just down a big bottle of water then eat a few min later , my gut is to full to want anything else.

You need to figure out exactly how many carbs, protein, and fat grams youre taking in. then youll know where your calories are at and know if you need to add or subtract some food. From what it looks like your def not eating enough or the right things

Your breakfast is 98% carbs....like 100+ grams. Id suggest you do a lot of reading on EFAs, protein, and carbs. Basic nutrition.

Your body is not getting the nutrition that it needs from the looks of your diet and that is your problem.

I absolutely hate dieting. I am always hungry as hell. I even look forward to my breakfast when lying in bed at night with a gut full of protein shake and cottage cheese.

I think even when diet is in check, some people are just naturally hungry, and/or, love food. I would easily prefer doing way more cardio than eating very little to cut up.

When I got my macros in check, my body definitely thanked me for it though.

Here is a good site to check your cals for alot of differant foods , really helps to get it all sorted out.

CalorieKing - Diet & Weight Loss Information - Calorie Counter and Nutritional Information

Thats being said.

What are your stats , height , weight , age , give us an idea of your training , what your current body fat % is at

My first impression is that their is alot of sugar and simple starches in their especialy late in the day , and not alot of protein

Well, stats look like this:
5'8 210 BMI is around 32% age 37
Training is FST-7 style
cardio & training is 3 days a week

Right off the bat, I am following a diet I've read of in a Chris Aceto's book and the diet he is currently using for Dusty Handshaw who just won the 2010 NPC Jr Nationals Super Heavyweight Class.

**broken link removed**

The first thing I notice is that you're probably under 200g protein per day. Next, your carbs are for the most part either starches or sugar. I'd say up the protein, drop some of the sugar, and add in some lower GI complex carbohydrates as well as some more healthy fats. To answer your original question, I think most people would be starving all the time if they followed this diet.

The first thing I notice is that you're probably under 200g protein per day. Next, your carbs are for the most part either starches or sugar. I'd say up the protein, drop some of the sugar, and add in some lower GI complex carbohydrates as well as some more healthy fats. To answer your original question, I think most people would be starving all the time if they followed this diet.

Morning cardio
M1 = Plain Oatmeal / tsp PB / Banana / Whey Shake
M2 = 2 Chicken patty's / baby carrots / Diet Coke Zero
M3 = Chicken breast or White fish / yam chunks & veggies / crystal light
M4 = Chicken breast or White fish / Apple / Whey Shake
~Workout/cardio~
M5 = 3 egg 1 egg white Omelet / sliced ham, tomatoes, green bell pepper and mushroom / Whey Shake
Bedtime = Slow digesting protein shake

I have counted the protein amt and I was around 160g so I changed it above to 260'ish. Seems like it's just more shakes but oh well, it takes the place of my normal skim milk or sugary OJ anyways.

I got rid of the Wheat bun & traded white rice for yam chunks to add more complex carbs which keeps hunger away longer. I have the tsp PB (peanut butter) for all the fat I think I should add if you figure in the cooking oil for the Omelet, chicken, fish and yams.

If you guys see anything else let me know. I have Gluta & BCAA's I will be taking so I have that covered as well. While on supps, is Creatine really useful for dieting?

Last edited:
Okay, here we go

Morning cardio
M1 = Plain Oatmeal / tsp PB / Banana / Whey Shake YOU NEED A SOLID PROTEIN SOURCE. EGGS, LEAN WHITE MEAT, FISH, MILK, COTTAGE CHEESE.
M2 = 2 Chicken patty's / baby carrots / Diet Coke Zero. DROP THE CARROTS, THEY SPIKE YOUR INSULIN. YOU NEED EFAs IN YOUR DIET. WHERE ARE THEY???????
M3 = Chicken breast or White fish / yam chunks & veggies / crystal light
M4 = Chicken breast or White fish / Apple / Whey Shake EFAs???
~Workout/cardio~
M5 = 3 egg 1 egg white Omelet / sliced ham, tomatoes, green bell pepper and mushroom / Whey Shake
Bedtime = Slow digesting protein shake TOO MANY SHAKES! EAT REAL FOOD! AGAIN, WHERE ARE YOUR EFAs?

I have counted the protein amt and I was around 160g so I changed it above to 260'ish. Seems like it's just more shakes but oh well, it takes the place of my normal skim milk or sugary OJ anyways.

I got rid of the Wheat bun & traded white rice for yam chunks to add more complex carbs which keeps hunger away longer. I have the tsp PB (peanut butter) for all the fat I think I should add if you figure in the cooking oil for the Omelet, chicken, fish and yams. FORGET THE PEANUT BUTTER, GET SOME REAL FATS! OLIVE OIL, WALNUT OIL, AVACADOS, ETC.

If you guys see anything else let me know. I have Gluta & BCAA's I will be taking so I have that covered as well. While on supps, is Creatine really useful for dieting?

Im going to go with NEss and say lack of good fats and diverse FOOD choices will always leave you more hungry.. Your body wants food not shakes and some fat..

I'm looking to lose weight and adding EFA's will hinder that if I add them to every meal time. I have carbs already so I must cut something to a lower than optimum level in order to lose weight here don't I?

I mean, if I add fats to every meal than how many oz's should I be measuring everything to and still lose weight at a 3 to 4 lb clip per week?

I'm looking to lose weight and adding EFA's will hinder that if I add them to every meal time. I have carbs already so I must cut something to a lower than optimum level in order to lose weight here don't I?

I mean, if I add fats to every meal than how many oz's should I be measuring everything to and still lose weight at a 3 to 4 lb clip per week?

You need fat to burn fat Bro.

I set my goal at no more than 2lbs per week with fat loss. I find that if I start loosing more than that, then I have trouble keeping up that pace for more than a few weeks. If I keep it around 2lbs than I have no problems keeping at it for extended periods of time.

When I cut, I take in a tsp of fat at each meal and still lose at a fast rate.

You need your EFA's!

^ a TEASPOON!?!?:rolleyes:

You need fat to burn fat Bro.

I set my goal at no more than 2lbs per week with fat loss. I find that if I start loosing more than that, then I have trouble keeping up that pace for more than a few weeks. If I keep it around 2lbs than I have no problems keeping at it for extended periods of time.

I am over weight now by 30 lbs, so I can stand to keep fats out until I stall, no? I mean, I've already said that I cook with EVOO with almost everything plus chicken is fatty by nature, regardless how lean it is prepared.

@ Doll -
How do u take a tsp of something, Like Omega 3 oil?

Last edited:
**broken link removed** where a guy (under Chris Aceto) said that he kept his 3 meals a day around 10/12 oz of meat and was told to eat fats with every meal!!

Is it just me or is that kinda crazy??

@ JELLO - How is that where you need fat to burn fat?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131