over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Long Cycles and Recovery

greaser13

Registered
I've been lifting my entire adult life, (I'm 40) but have only used gear for the past few years. Until recently, I only ran (legal) oral and transdermal pro-hormone and designer steroids. I kept these cycles short -- no more than 6 weeks -- because of liver toxicity caused by methylated orals, but also because the longer your cycle, the harder it is to get your HTPA back up and running.

I finally pinned test over the summer, and I'll never go back to running anything without a test base. Lesson learned. However, I still kept it short because I don't want to end up needing TRT any time soon. I even ran HCG during the cycle to keep the boys in fighting form.

Now obviously, if you run a longer cycle you'll generally get better results, and I often see people posting about running 12-16 week cycles. However, the leydig cells in the testes can become desensitized and atrophy during long cycles (which HCG helps combat), and it just seems like being shut down for up to 3 months is a ticket to a lifetime of TRT. My question is for those of you who run long cycles and are NOT on TRT, do you still recover OK?

I've been lifting my entire adult life, (I'm 40) but have only used gear for the past few years. Until recently, I only ran (legal) oral and transdermal pro-hormone and designer steroids. I kept these cycles short -- no more than 6 weeks -- because of liver toxicity caused by methylated orals, but also because the longer your cycle, the harder it is to get your HTPA back up and running.

I finally pinned test over the summer, and I'll never go back to running anything without a test base. Lesson learned. However, I still kept it short because I don't want to end up needing TRT any time soon. I even ran HCG during the cycle to keep the boys in fighting form.

Now obviously, if you run a longer cycle you'll generally get better results, and I often see people posting about running 12-16 week cycles. However, the leydig cells in the testes can become desensitized and atrophy during long cycles (which HCG helps combat), and it just seems like being shut down for up to 3 months is a ticket to a lifetime of TRT. My question is for those of you who run long cycles and are NOT on TRT, do you still recover OK?

Most people that cycle will eventually need trt but not all and hcg is very helpfull at maintaining some testicular function during your cycle. I suggest running 200-250 iu 2 x ew. That should be enough to maintain testicular function with very little risk of desensitization of the ledig cells.

Most people that cycle will eventually need trt but not all and hcg is very helpfull at maintaining some testicular function during your cycle. I suggest running 200-250 iu 2 x ew. That should be enough to maintain testicular function with very little risk of desensitization of the ledig cells.

Yeah, 250 iu every 4 days is what I did on my last cycle, and I'll never cycle without HCG again. I just wondered if even HCG was enough to prevent permanent desensitization and atrophy on some of these 16 week cycles I keep hearing about.

I'm really interested in running EQ, but everyone says you have to run it for at least 12 weeks, which is why I'm inquiring about longer cycles.

Bro science
run it 8 weeks 10 weeks what ever you want

My question is for those of you who run long cycles and are NOT on TRT, do you still recover OK?

Some people do, some don't. I've found that those who recover fine do it with or without PCT. Same thing for those who don't.

I feel like I never recovered from my first cycle of 10 weeks and I was 19 years old. HCG will suppress your axis even further.

I had low test levels to start with and then ran cycles. I never recovered, not even to the low levels that I once had.

I agree. People who recover well do so with or without PCT. Although PCT is always a good idea even for such people.

Alot blast then cruise on hrt dosage as not to lose gains from blasts.I do short blasts and long cruises,look and feel great

Some people do, some don't. I've found that those who recover fine do it with or without PCT. Same thing for those who don't.

I feel like I never recovered from my first cycle of 10 weeks and I was 19 years old. HCG will suppress your axis even further.

19 is too young to run a cycle of anything. I guess you learned that the hard way. You look great in your icon pic, so at least you didn't let it slow you down.

HCG suppresses luteinizing hormone which is why you should only use it a couple weeks into your cycle when you're already shut down, and not during PCT. Since it "mimics" luteinizing hormone, it gets the testicles to continue to produce at least some testosterone while you are suppressed. This makes recovery easier. Or at least that's the theory.

I started when I was just shy of 23. I haven't had issues recovering. I know guys younger than me that got into the game much sooner and are paying for it.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws