over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Alcohol night before show

rookx750

Registered
Ok, so we all have heard the famous stories on pros using a shot of hard liquor before their show for the extra bit a crisp.

Question is I keep hear this shit in all different class protocols. I really thought it was a bs kinda thing coaches through in to maybe help sleep or nerves more so than actually dring the person out. I mean with all the diuretics how could this really help that much. I did hear some crazy talk that it has some sort a
Mechanism bs but never really looked into it.

Anyone use this ? Anyone write this in their clients peak? Has it made any difference???

I don't know about hard liquor. But all my coaches had me drink a glass of red wine with my last meal before the morning judging show. It's supposed to dry you out more. Which it kind of made sense because if you notice if you ever go out drinking the next morning I wake up peeled as hell. I guess it dehydrates you more. So I did notice a difference in the morning. And also like 15 minutes before your night show eat a candy bar like a snickers bar and sip on wine so the suger and wine makes your veins come out more. But that part I didn't see any difference to be honest I think it hurt me instead.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I've done this as well, glass of wine before bed and wake up a little dryer. I would say it works, just don't go overkill with it obviously.

There's a "prep coach" I know that had his clients taking shots of vodka along with lasix. Can you guess what happened to most of those people? :banghead: "Food poisoning," every single one of them...weird... :rolleyes:

I don't know about hard liquor. But all my coaches had me drink a glass of red wine with my last meal before the morning judging show. It's supposed to dry you out more. Which it kind of made sense because if you notice if you ever go out drinking the next morning I wake up peeled as hell. I guess it dehydrates you more. So I did notice a difference in the morning. And also like 15 minutes before your night show eat a candy bar like a snickers bar and sip on wine so the suger and wine makes your veins come out more. But that part I didn't see any difference to be honest I think it hurt me instead.

LOL, this is what Ronnie Coleman did when he won his first Olympia. Watch the Netflix documentary. I think Kevin Levrone gave him the Vodka.

Tried ittwice. Once in 2016 and once at junior nationals in 2017.

Made me feel a little lower in energy the next day because I haddnt drunken a drink the whole contest prep.

I've done this as well, glass of wine before bed and wake up a little dryer. I would say it works, just don't go overkill with it obviously.

There's a "prep coach" I know that had his clients taking shots of vodka along with lasix. Can you guess what happened to most of those people? :banghead: "Food poisoning," every single one of them...weird... :rolleyes:
Yes your right don't go overboard with it. I was only allowed one normal wine glass. The vodka with Lasix sounds dangerous

If I remember correctly, I only had like a 4oz serving of red wine (a syrah for anyone that wants more specifics, lol) and it did make a slight difference.

And it landed two of the coach's competitors in the hospital before the night show, it was bad.

Yes your right don't go overboard with it. I was only allowed one normal wine glass. The vodka with Lasix sounds dangerous

If I remember correctly, I only had like a 4oz serving of red wine (a syrah for anyone that wants more specifics, lol) and it did make a slight difference.

And it landed two of the coach's competitors in the hospital before the night show, it was bad.
Damm can you imagine all that hard work we go through and dieting for the show and not make it to the night show because of the alcohol. I would be so disappointed

No kidding! I felt really bad for these people, as they were just doing what their coach told them to do. This person has no business being a coach in the first place. A pro card doesn't automatically instill a person with great knowledge of nutrition, training, drugs, etc. The common person though just assumes that a IFBB pro has a certain level of knowledge by virtue of that distinction.

Obviously I get a little riled up over this, but you have so many people that are pros by virtue of showing up at a junior level show and getting second place that have close to no experience at all with the sport that then turn around and act like experts and put people in the hospital. Just gives the sport a bad rap in my opinion because naturally people will assume steroids were the problem :mad:

Sorry for the rant... lol

Damm can you imagine all that hard work we go through and dieting for the show and not make it to the night show because of the alcohol. I would be so disappointed

No kidding! I felt really bad for these people, as they were just doing what their coach told them to do. This person has no business being a coach in the first place. A pro card doesn't automatically instill a person with great knowledge of nutrition, training, drugs, etc. The common person though just assumes that a IFBB pro has a certain level of knowledge by virtue of that distinction.

Obviously I get a little riled up over this, but you have so many people that are pros by virtue of showing up at a junior level show and getting second place that have close to no experience at all with the sport that then turn around and act like experts and put people in the hospital. Just gives the sport a bad rap in my opinion because naturally people will assume steroids were the problem :mad:

Sorry for the rant... lol
You couldn't of said it any better. I totally agree. And I get pissed at things like this as well

2 shots of vodka 1/2 dyazide pre bed and you're good.

As others have said, go out drinking and then take a look at the mirror the next morning. Usually look leaner/tighter even if you went on a drunk binge at taco Bell.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131