over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Tuna patties...low carb

NOSUPERMODEL

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Does anybody have a recipe for low carb tuna patties. I have a HUGE can of tuna from Costco I need to use but I am on a zero carb diet right now. Wondering how to keep the patties together without using bread crumbs.

Egg/egg whites/Flax/cheese/Vital wheat gluten

I use all the above. Works like a charm. Just experiment!

I was thinking about the pork rines. I assume you would need an egg in there to help bind it.

That's actually a really awesome idea... something I never even considered and the macros are better than even the healthier cheeses once prepared.

Would you add the dried precooked stuff or actual rind?

Would it all be ground/blended together than then fried?

I have just gotten a cheap bag from the corner grocery store....

I do all my meatloafs and patties with it .... Egg yolks work fantastic alongside...

Crush up some pork grinds....

Never though of that, what a great idea!

I haven't eaten pork rinds since I was a kid. I remember my mom used to eat them dipped in fat free sour cream!! They were listed as one of the main snack items on the Atkins Diet, back in the day.

This isn't my recipe but it's pretty good. I left out the onions and celery. Also improvised Cheddar cheese because I was out of the other stuff.

1 6.4 oz. packet of tuna (I used two 5 ounce cans)
1 egg, beaten
3 scallions (green onions), chopped thinly
1 celery stalk, diced to small bits
2 tbsp. cream cheese
2 tbsp. parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp. or more Old Bay seasoning, to taste
1/2 tsp. or more lemon pepper, to taste (I think I used about 3/4-1 tsp.)
a dash of cayenne pepper (optional, but I LOVED IT)
1 handful of crushed pork rinds

(The Old Bay and pork rinds add plenty of salt for my taste, so I recommend holding off on adding any salt until after you taste).

Makes three tuna cakes.

Heat a frying pan with 2-3 tablespoons of a good high temperature oil to MED or MED-HIGH (depending on your stove) till the oil shimmers (macadamia nut oil or coconut oil are awesome, but vegetable oil or even butter will do). In a mixing bowl, mix the tuna, egg, scallions, celery, cream cheese, parmesan cheese and spices. Also mix in half of the crushed pork rinds, and set the rest aside.

Form the tuna mixture into three balls, coating each one in the remaining pork rinds. Carefully place each tuna patty in the pan (CAUTION: HOT OIL). You can further flatten them with your spatula to cook more throughly. Cook until well browned on both sides (about 3-4 minutes each side). Cakes that are done will be firm but have some give when pressed with your finger.

P.S. If you find the tuna mixture hard to work with, you can chill it for a half hour before forming it into patties. I didn't have any problems with skipping this step.This isn't my recipe but I made it without the onions and celery. Also used two cans of tuna and Still made 3 nice size patties

Gave the tuna patties a try with the pork rinds and I could not get them to hold together. I had one of the big cans of tuna from Costco(can't remember how much tuna), but I added the pork rinds and 4 mixed eggs. Tried to form patties and they just would not stick together at all.

4 eggs probably made it to wet to stick together. They are not the easiest to keep from fallin apart. I left them brown really good before trying to them over

this is a common problem in the restaurant with veggie patties. so brown rice is one option (although i know your no carb right now) the other option that might work well for you is chia seeds. they tend to thicken up everything making it not fall apart so easily

I tried this the other day with a large can of tuna, 2 whole eggs, green onions, Dijon mustard, and crushed almond flour that i bought from Trader Joe's. I pan fried one large patty and although it didn't completely stick together, it was delicious.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131