over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

GF is Depressed Pre Contest Diet the cause

Cbarbarian23

Registered
OK she is a very very happy person but since she is closer to her show and the lower carbs she eats its making her really depressed. I have read that many people get depressed due to the diet.

She has a coach but I feel I need help from you all to tell me if there is any supplement that will help with the depression a little?

Thank you all in advance!

Carbs do help the release of serotonin which aids in a feeling of well being , i read an article once that said eating more turkey can raise serotonin levels , not sure if thats accurate.

she could just be getting burned out on the whole deal wich happens often , she needs to focus on her progress she has made and you need to support how beautiful she is

Ah man, no photos? :(

Is she taking stimulants. Nothing like a crash from a stimulant wearing off to make one feel terrible. Is she sleeping?

What else is going on in her life while she is dramatically altering her body and lifestyle? Maybe she needs to dial back the intensity? Maybe she needs an antidepressant?

I cut weight for wrestling for 8 years and during the season I was an even bigger a-hole than usual. And cutting weight for wrestling is nothing compared to what it takes to compete in these games.

As mentioned above carbs raise serotonin, when carbs are really low serotonin can dip down, the increase in catecholamines can also keep you feeling wired .Get her to try 100mg 5htp before bed along with Gaba or glycine to calm the nervous system and help her sleep. ;)

Last edited:
Ok. One more time. She is no doubt over training and underfed. Probably not sleeping. This is not science

Ok thanks guys and girls for the replys.

She told me today that she feels ok during the day but at night she is just really depressed I ordered what you said to see if that helps. I would post pictures if she agrees to it. I will post her diet though when I go over today. I think the coach makes her drink to many shakes .

I do tell her everyday she is beautiful no matter what.

She is on lipo 6 fat burner just started last Thursday .

Hi how is she finding lipo6? Is it the new silver one, or black? I want to try the new one but its not yet licensed to sell in the UK :banghead: hope shes feeling better x

Of course the food-mood connection is in play. Additionally competition prep is just effing stressful. Its exhausting, you have no freedom in your food -its not even enjoyable to eat - you just have to shovel down whatever is on the meal plan and make it to the next feeding w/o starting to gnaw on your arm or something. If there is any chemistry involved in the prep, that can easily contribute to the same sort of hormonal effects as "that time of the month".

There are also lots of chemical things going on in the system. There's a whole area of post-show depression that as a bunch of contributors, but pre-show it is generally the whole stress of it all. The general saying is that if you feel like shit at 4 weeks out, you're right on schedule.

For really big depression, I'd suggest trying powder Inositol. It is just a B-vitamin, but it really does work wonders if you're feeling that ultra depressed feeling. I'd suggest getting it online - I've never seen it cheap in a store. Here's the best price I've found:

Swanson Premium 100% Pure Inositol Powder 8 oz (227 grams) Pwdr - Swanson Health Products

Just take it like it says on the label - mix it in w/ some Crystal light or whatever you drink your AM vitamins down with. Starts making a difference in a matter of days.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws