over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Hip Injury

lmt183

Registered
Hey all. I've had ongoing pain in my left hip since some time in 2011. Torn each adductor magnus (left and right) pretty severly while squatting. (Right one in 2013, left one in 2018). Been able to rehab each adductor very well. Anyways, after my last BB show this past summer, I decided to take about 4 months off to let my mind and body recover some. Upon returning to the gym, the pain in my hip has been unbearable. I've always suspected a labral tear. So I got two MRIs done, one without then one with contrast. without contrast showed no problems -- so contrast MRI was ordered. Contrast MRI said no tear, just a possible minor abnormality in my left hips labrum. Doctor said surgery would be largely exploratory and he does not recommend it at all. Sorry for the long winded story, but I'm sort of at the end of the road here with knowing what to do. The only thing that helped the hip situation in the past was leaving it alone. Stretching the groin / hip area only made the whole thing super angry. (I've done PT for this issue in 2012 -- they suspected torn labrum but didn't image). I've refrained from doing legs all of 2019. Any suggestions on something to try? I've also tried a whole array of peptides, GH, etc... nothing seems to make it better. I'm 35 now, after near 20 years of heavy lifting am I just sort of paying the price for it now? edit -- I should note I'm considering on dropping weight slowly and acquiring a physique more suited for longevity. On stage weight about 240-245. Off season I've been up to 300, but usually settle around 275-280 when I'm training. Now, with upperbody only lifting, I'm sitting at about 260. Years of powerlifting behind me (700+ sq / dl raw, 570 raw bench) -- tossing these numbers out there not to brag, but to paint a better picture of the abuse my joints have gone through.

Last edited:
You can't be superman forever. 20 years of lifting heavy and trying to always push for more is going to take its toll . And there is not much of away around it. Much of my training these days is centered around stabilizing and rehab and will probably be that way forever. But that is where 45 of working out has gotten me. But I wouldn't trade the experiences away even if I could.

Last edited:
Get a second opinion and a third if necessary. Having that kind of pain becomes a quality of life issue and that's bad. See what another ortho says and if need be go ahead with the exploratory because obviously something is wrong. Just make sure you're using a ortho/surgeon that works with athletes. Good luck man, keep us posted!

When you say with contrast was it IV contrast or was it an arthrogram. If it was IV contrast then your doctor had no idea what to order. If it was an arthrogram then its a legit labral tear.

How about trying a diagnostic and therapeutic injection of the hip. Have them do IMAGE GUIDED injection intra articular with about 6cc lido and 1cc 80mg depo.

If you feel better within 2 min then its coming from your hip and likely your labrum then the depo medrol will help. Much better option then a scope.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
knarf447
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws