over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How many of you utilize saunas weekly?

Once a week All Winter!
Summers a Full body sweat Daily!

Feel I recover better with my electrolytes Tbh and I used to go to a local banya w my bro like twice a week. Can tell you you are usually weaker and recover less unless you down like 5g sodium.

I do it 3 to 4 times a week, my massage therapist recommended it for recovery, attest 15 minutes. I cant say I have actually noticed any benefits in the real world from usage but no negatives either.

I have heard good stuff.. also for real detoxification purposes.

My new gym has some nice saunas. Will definitely try it when it is getting colder here again.

Gesendet von meinem MHA-L09 mit Tapatalk

Every single day for the last two months now that there happens to be a sauna in my building. I was shocked at how profound the benefits are from the studies. Lowered all cause mortality by 50%!

Whoever has access to a sauna should really use it as much as possible.

https://www.foundmyfitness.com/topics/sauna

Every single day for the last two months now that there happens to be a sauna in my building. I was shocked at how profound the benefits are from the studies. Lowered all cause mortality by 50%!

Whoever has access to a sauna should really use it as much as possible.

https://www.foundmyfitness.com/topics/sauna

THIS! ^

I wanted to buy one for my house for this reason, I believe Rhonda Patrick also sited several studies on JRE about this as well and studies range from 40%-50% lowered all cause mortality... Either way it’s pretty fucking amazing...

I feel like my IR sauna reduces my arthritis a lot.

I have also seen studies on effectiveness in reducing morality.

Sent from my S2 using Tapatalk

You know I like the sauna and I feel good after a nice sweat, more relaxed I should say, but water is life right? Your body is made of water and it needs water, how is it beneficial to your body to stress it into losing water without the benefit of cardiovascular exercise as the reason?

I'm not criticizing I'm genuinely asking because I want to understand.

I believe Rhonda Patrick said that there is a correlation with reduced mortality. Meaning those who use saunas could just be more health conscious people (aka not onese, not smokers, keep fit). I could be wrong the podcast is on YouTube somewhere.

You know I like the sauna and I feel good after a nice sweat, more relaxed I should say, but water is life right? Your body is made of water and it needs water, how is it beneficial to your body to stress it into losing water without the benefit of cardiovascular exercise as the reason?

I'm not criticizing I'm genuinely asking because I want to understand.

I believe Rhonda Patrick said that there is a correlation with reduced mortality. Meaning those who use saunas could just be more health conscious people (aka not onese, not smokers, keep fit). I could be wrong the podcast is on YouTube somewhere.

https://youtu.be/NChyDtupmkk

Here you go... She explains a little bit in this short video from the podcast, it’s only about 6 minutes long..

https://youtu.be/NChyDtupmkk

Here you go... She explains a little bit in this short video from the podcast, it’s only about 6 minutes long..

Seems kinda anecdotal.....people using the sauna are probably in the gym getting exercise in right? Vs someone who doesn't use the sauna and isn't in the gym at all....

Is there any actual science behind it? I've also read many benefits of cold showers which goes pretty contrary to all of this doesn't it?

I'm listening to it but those are my first thoughts....

Seems kinda anecdotal.....people using the sauna are probably in the gym getting exercise in right? Vs someone who doesn't use the sauna and isn't in the gym at all....

Is there any actual science behind it? I've also read many benefits of cold showers which goes pretty contrary to all of this doesn't it?

I'm listening to it but those are my first thoughts....

Listen to the whole thing, they did a study of a few thousand men over the course of 20 years all of them ranging from age 50-65...

She explains heat shock proteins and their roles and evidence/mechanisms science has uncovered about it...

I have searched Rhonda Patrick on reddit, she just seems like someone who reads studies, it's not her field of expertise. but she is an interesting guest. from the little research I have read there is no actual strong evidence that they do anything, but also there is no evidence that they don't. I would think the sweating alone is good for you. it has to be good for recovery just to get the blood flowing. I usually stretch in the sauna but now im reading that static stretches are horrible and we should be doing dynamic stretches only? lol, who knows. everything you read, then you read something else saying the opposite.

Summers a Full body sweat Daily!

That's for damn sure. This heat is brutal!
I'm more prone to going the other direction as in ice baths, Wim Hof style.

I have searched Rhonda Patrick on reddit, she just seems like someone who reads studies, it's not her field of expertise. but she is an interesting guest. from the little research I have read there is no actual strong evidence that they do anything, but also there is no evidence that they don't. I would think the sweating alone is good for you. it has to be good for recovery just to get the blood flowing. I usually stretch in the sauna but now im reading that static stretches are horrible and we should be doing dynamic stretches only? lol, who knows. everything you read, then you read something else saying the opposite.

https://www.foundmyfitness.com/about-dr-rhonda-patrick

She has a PH.D in Biomedical Science and specializes in aging, cancer, brain and health/nutrition... And from what I’ve read about her she’s participated on a number of studies and research in all those fields... She’s as legit as it gets..

Would a hot tub set to high temp yield these same benefits? There are times when it heats my core temp up to where I just have to get out. It also has a wonderful/positive effect on muscles and joints.

I think i need to research this for myself before I can come to a conclusion, I really don’t like listening to bias sources or even people trying to garner clicks online. But just because I’m cynical doesn’t mean I’m saying it’s wrong.

My personal hang ups with it is that water is life, your body runs on water and needs it more than just about anything so how does it benefit your body to lsoe water....not to mention everything that goes with it in regards to minerals and such. Plus you’re not getting the benefit of cardio vascular activity as the trade off you’re just losing a vital life component for nothing, there is no living thing in nature that purposely tries to lose water, if anything it’s the complete opposite. Kinda seems to go against common sense and common sense is a more valuable decider than anything to me.

That and I hate to say this, obviously I’m not referring to any of you, but every guy I see going in and out of that sauna looks like shit!!! Take a look around you next time....!

My personal hang ups with it is that water is life, your body runs on water and needs it more than just about anything so how does it benefit your body to lsoe water....not to mention everything that goes with it in regards to minerals and such.

From my admittedly rather rudimentary understanding, the metabolic and oxidative benefits are directly related to the bodies rise in temperature. Losing minerals and electrolytes from sweat is just part of it. There's also alot of waste removed as well. And as for losing water, its rather easy, and strongly suggested, to replace the lost fluids by drinking extra water following time in the sauna. This doesnt negate the effects because clean water going in is not equivalent to the sweat and its impurities coming out. I think... lol

I think i need to research this for myself before I can come to a conclusion, I really don’t like listening to bias sources or even people trying to garner clicks online. But just because I’m cynical doesn’t mean I’m saying it’s wrong.

My personal hang ups with it is that water is life, your body runs on water and needs it more than just about anything so how does it benefit your body to lsoe water....not to mention everything that goes with it in regards to minerals and such. Plus you’re not getting the benefit of cardio vascular activity as the trade off you’re just losing a vital life component for nothing, there is no living thing in nature that purposely tries to lose water, if anything it’s the complete opposite. Kinda seems to go against common sense and common sense is a more valuable decider than anything to me.

That and I hate to say this, obviously I’m not referring to any of you, but every guy I see going in and out of that sauna looks like shit!!! Take a look around you next time....!

What he said, you just replenish the water. Have to be careful of sodium levels I actually got bloodwork recently and my sodium was low. I was drinking 6 to 8l per day. Doctor has told me to cut back to 4l and retest.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws