over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Wrist pain while lifting?

Chris288

Registered
Hey all, just started having some right wrist pain flare up the past 3 months and it's gotten so bad I have had to quit doing anything push related.

It has a sharp pain n weakness that runs across the back of my wrist and down the bottom. Then it radiates up the back of my hand. I have false gripped benches for years heavy and thought maybe that has caused arthritis? In my 40's etc.

Someone said it could be carpel tunnel syndrome? I thought that was in the under wrist and palm area.

Is there anything out there I should be using to work out with to protect it? Or can I get anything that will stabilize and take pressure off bending my wrist back when I bench or dip?

Even a regular grip will not work now. Only hits at certain angles. Any tricep work is fine except pressing, curls are good except ez bar and straight put pressure on the wrist.

Thanks for any help here. Never experienced something chronic like this before.

SOunds like you probably sprained a ligament in your wrist. Those heal really slowly, especially when you keep stressing the area. I hurt mine really bad a long time ago and wore a brace all day on it to keep the wrist immobilized and starting using wrist wraps.

Do you wear a good pair of wrist wraps? I like these:
https://inzernet.com/collections/power-wraps/products/iron-wrist-wraps-z-1

If youre not wearing any now, I would start now. You will just have to do exercises that don't hurt until that heals up. Doing presses false grip should be better for that than regular grip. I switched to a false grip and rarely now ever get wrist pain. I wouldn't abandon that unless it causes you pain.

I had wrist pain on and off for years. Tried different products and remidies. The best thing I found that helps is keeping the wrist in a neutral position for all movements. Not bending it back while pressing and even push downs reduced the stree.

Thanks for the advice. I just bout the wrist wraps and hope to help.

It must have something to do with it not being bent back, it's a little better not doing bench n dips.

Will keep away from those and see if it heals.

Thanks for the advice

Thanks for the advice. I just bout the wrist wraps and hope to help.

It must have something to do with it not being bent back, it's a little better not doing bench n dips.

Will keep away from those and see if it heals.

Thanks for the advice

Im surprised that false grip gives you significant pain. It only bothered me if I went really heavy, reps in the 3 to 5 range or more.

If you position the bar right over top of your wrist then there shouldn't be too much stress on the wrist.

Maybe the GH you are taking is causing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes the false grip has something to do with it as any exercise that I use it does it. I dont lift super heavy like a lot of the guys on here, but I will go up to 345 for 5 is my heaviest on bench.

I will dip with 2 /45's for 8 and I use a false grip. Standing front presses will do it as well. Tricep dips on bench light it up.

I have been using more rope pulldowns and dumbell work for triceps. That angle doesnt hurt it.

Not using any GH. Running 600 test, 150 week tren, about to switch tren out with Primo at 600mg for rest of cut.

The wrist started before tren though. Only dosages I have are TrT or above with test only. My TRT does is 300mg weekly by Dr. I assume this would not affect it. Been on TRT for 2.5 years.

Thanks for the help. Hope the new wrist wraps do it. Trying to purchase a camber bar for squats because holding it also strains the back of the wrist.

Stats- 43 years old 240 pounds at 5ft9.

Have you tried doing the lifts all with a conventional grip, just to see how it feels? My guess is that it might hurt even worse. It is something you should try though if you haven't.

I think by using the wrist wraps and going lighter/higher rep for awhile will allow it to heal up.

The wrist that I sprained really bad is still weak today, but it doesn't hurt but rarely. It is all lose now though. I can take my wrist bone there in my other hand and push down my arm, it makes the head of the ulna pop up really ugly. It freaks people out!

ice bucket. Ice for 15mins. Remove hand until it feels comfortable and put in again for 5 min intervals a few more times. Do this after any major use/ workouts and before bed.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws