over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Cryotherapy experience?

RoyHobbs

Registered
Anyone with cryotherapy experience?

Just reading more into alternative therapies for overall well being. Tried hydroflotation for 6 sessions and just could get the Zen like experience some do although it was very relaxing like a massage.

There are talks of regular cryotherapy helping soreness/pain, increasing metabolism (slightly), even increased mood from endorphin release. I don’t know anyone who has actually done it though.

Anyone with cryotherapy experience?

Just reading more into alternative therapies for overall well being. Tried hydroflotation for 6 sessions and just could get the Zen like experience some do although it was very relaxing like a massage.

There are talks of regular cryotherapy helping soreness/pain, increasing metabolism (slightly), even increased mood from endorphin release. I don’t know anyone who has actually done it though.

I'll implement cold water submersion/cold shower every now and then. I've personally never done cryotherapy.

Accordingly, the observation done by E. Hohenauer et al., (11 November 2017 https://doi.org/10.1111/sms.13014) there's no statistical difference between cold water submersion vs cryotherapy.

Last edited:
I've been so wanting to give the Wim Hof ice submersion a try. From what I've read not only is it great for chronic inflamation but it turbo charges your immune system!

I'll implement cold water submersion/cold shower every now and then. I've personally never done cryotherapy.

Accordingly, the observation done by E. Hohenauer et al., (11 November 2017 https://doi.org/10.1111/sms.13014) there's no statistical difference between cold water submersion vs cryotherapy.

I was looking through studies after reading the one you posted and this review pretty much sums up what I found... positive subjective improvement, little measurable inflammatory marker decrease, the most effect on acute injury and WBC being comparable or slightly less effective than cold water immersion. Interesting as science doesn’t lie but as well all know in bodybuilding/powerlifting science isn’t everything either. I will give it a trial run and see how it goes

I’ll say this without having experienced WBC... I give you credit for CWI... that sounds miserable stepping into freezing water for a while. Maybe WBC is just as terrible but I hate wading into a chilly ocean water lol.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3956737/

Brad is a super smart guy as is Dr Scott who liked the post. They know they're science. Like I said above the literature I reviewed said mostly the same although practical application in bodybuilding doesn't always correlate 1:1. Also it reminds me of a conversation about NSAIDs before training and their effect on protein synthesis. Perhaps according to the studies they do inhibit protein synthesis which is not the goal. But if they also allow a person to train more intensity or volume because they are not in pain does that off set the protein synthesis result? Does the potential recovery from WBC or CWI off set its cons? I don't know the answer to either question. I would guess it is individualistic and comes down to what works for the person and what the person believes in. I am neutral having never done either.

This is purely my own experience with regular use of cryotherapy, not any studies or papers, just my own take on it.

The gym I train at offers unlimited cryotherapy as part of the membership package for a very reasonable price. So, if I can get an extra percentage point of output from my body for an extra $100 month, I'm going to go for it.

First and foremost, I suffer from migraines, my first time getting in a cryo chamber I had a migraine and by the time I got out it was gone. That right there was enough for me to be sold on the idea.

Now, after using it on a regular basis I can say what I've noticed from my experience. My recovery time is definitely improved, whether I'm cruising on a TRT dose or in full blown prep. My joints feel noticeably better and the long time issues i've had with tendonitis in my left arm are all but gone. My skin looks clearer and tighter. I sleep much better at night on days I use cryo vs those I don't. And I've also found that it's easier to stay leaner using cryo vs not. The flip side of that though is, about an hour or so after getting out of the tank I'm insanely hungry, so there definitely seems to be an increase in metabolism that occurs.

This is purely my own experience with regular use of cryotherapy, not any studies or papers, just my own take on it.

The gym I train at offers unlimited cryotherapy as part of the membership package for a very reasonable price. So, if I can get an extra percentage point of output from my body for an extra $100 month, I'm going to go for it.

First and foremost, I suffer from migraines, my first time getting in a cryo chamber I had a migraine and by the time I got out it was gone. That right there was enough for me to be sold on the idea.

Now, after using it on a regular basis I can say what I've noticed from my experience. My recovery time is definitely improved, whether I'm cruising on a TRT dose or in full blown prep. My joints feel noticeably better and the long time issues i've had with tendonitis in my left arm are all but gone. My skin looks clearer and tighter. I sleep much better at night on days I use cryo vs those I don't. And I've also found that it's easier to stay leaner using cryo vs not. The flip side of that though is, about an hour or so after getting out of the tank I'm insanely hungry, so there definitely seems to be an increase in metabolism that occurs.

I had read about it as an adjunct for migraines. That alone is def worth it for you.

I had my first session today. I went an hour after eating and felt my stomach growl 15 minutes after walking out. It was cold! LOL. I'll give it a chance and see what how it goes just like the flotation therapy.

They also have compression therapy included in the cryo passes there but the research on that seems to show you need very frequent (everyday in the studies I read) for benefit. Though compression is very popular with some olympic lifters I follow.

I've done it a handful of times. I'm positive it helped with some inflammation in my joints I had and kept it down for a day or two following treatment. I don't have access to try it on a regular basis but certainly wish I could.

When you live in the Chicago area you get cryotherapy every time you step outside in January and February......whether you want it or not.

I can vouch for this as well... lol

When you live in the Chicago area you get cryotherapy every time you step outside in January and February......whether you want it or not.

I was there in the winter of 93 interviewing for grad school. 30 below with the wind chill off the lakes. Froze my ass off while everyday locals were walking around eating icecream. Hearty bunch those locals!!

I’ve done it twice. I felt zero benefits from it both time. Froze my ass off and then warmed up and put my clothes on and went home both times. Another scam just like those salt room thingys.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Peterwilliam
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131