over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Short Blasts.... anyone do them?

BoredStiff

Registered
I've come to the realization that on say, a 12 week blast , the first four weeks are usually worthless, and the last 2-3 weeks or so the results start to diminish unless I up the dose, which at this point Im really trying to keep things under 500mg just because I'm in my mid-thirties and I think it's time to let go of really crazy cycles. So there's that middle portion of 4-6 weeks where most of the gains seem to really come in.

It got me thinking of just doing two or three 4 week blasts per year of a fast acting compound. I suppose Tren Ace would be the ideal, but I personally respond best to Winstrol or Superdrol.

At any rate, has anyone else done this instead of the traditional longer cycles. I would essentially be cruising on 200mg of Test and blasting about every 4th month, so maybe once early in the year, one in the summer, and then one late in the fall.

I don't think I've heard of anyone actually doing this so, while it sounds good in my head, I'd like a reality check if it's just a plain stupid idea.... I'd be stacked up on liver supplements and take NAC year round as well but I still don't know if three months apart would still be rough on my liver over time. I also don't know if my theory is accurate, maybe I AM making gains the entire 12 weeks and only "feeling it" during that middle portion?

I don't agree with anything beyond 6-8 weeks. Check this study they did on Anavar

https://www.ergo-log.com/oxandrolone6or12weeks.html

The longer you put your body under that stress, the worse for your health. I think 6-8 weeks is fine. You might even get away with less.

I do think some blasts can be run a bit longer though (ex: 500mg test e only)

I messed around with it some and I think it is even more unhealthy than running a longer cycle where the doses are lower.

I would run similar compounds as I would for longer cycles, but use higher doses. 4 week cycles were producing just as much strength/size gain as longer 12 week + cycles. I didn't feel as healthy though. At the time it was before I was doing much of any bloodwork so I don't have any hard evidence that it was less healthy other than how I felt at the time.

I would front load long esters in the first week(2x the dose) and double the dose of the short esters during that first week. The next 3 weeks I would run about 1.5x the dose I normally would. I was surprised to find I made just about the same gains doing that as I would for cycles 3x as long. I was seeing the same thing as you, first couple of weeks not a lot happening and then toward the last 4 weeks it seemed I had to add more to keep gains coming.

The longer you put your body under that stress, the worse for your health. I think 6-8 weeks is fine. You might even get away with less.

I think you are right about this. As long as you just run the dose you normally do for a longer cycle, this holds. Those longer cycles many just end up increasing the dose more and you get diminishing returns and more health impact.

I thought about this ye... But the reason isn't really desensitization it's just myostatin.

I did 4wk on/off sdrol and all that for a bit... Then you only Rly make gains while you're on the sdrol/whichever harsh compound you run on /off cuz you lower the dose when you're off etc.

Imo the better option would be just perma cruise on as much test as you can be healthy on or ss little as little as you can make gains on and just take 2 weeks off lifting every 6 weeks then restart with about 70 percent of your weights and build back up.

DC had a built in system for that in a sense.

I've thought in a sense doing exactly what you're thinking of

2 6wk sdrol or mtren cycles a year 400mg cruise rest of the year was my plan... But yeah idk Tbh think it's just myostatin not desensitization or anything like that.

Video on this Btw https://youtu.be/AqKvpLvWu1o

Last edited:
William Lewellyn wrote in anabolics that gains are usually topped out after 10 weeks. I have been on longer than that, but have been cutting the whole time, so I can't say from personal experience how true that is (a decade ago when I used to juice I just stayed on all the time and slowly gained little by little..). But it makes sense to me that one would either drop back down after 10 weeks (or after however long one notices a stop in gains) to a cruise and maintain the gains while resensitizing receptors, or, for more advanced/extreme bbrs, up the dose after that period of time (though eventually even these would probably benefit from coming off the mega doses and dropping down to HRTish levels and maintain as much as possible while re sensitizing).

I messed around with it some and I think it is even more unhealthy than running a longer cycle where the doses are lower.

I would run similar compounds as I would for longer cycles, but use higher doses. 4 week cycles were producing just as much strength/size gain as longer 12 week + cycles. I didn't feel as healthy though. At the time it was before I was doing much of any bloodwork so I don't have any hard evidence that it was less healthy other than how I felt at the time.

I would front load long esters in the first week(2x the dose) and double the dose of the short esters during that first week. The next 3 weeks I would run about 1.5x the dose I normally would. I was surprised to find I made just about the same gains doing that as I would for cycles 3x as long. I was seeing the same thing as you, first couple of weeks not a lot happening and then toward the last 4 weeks it seemed I had to add more to keep gains coming.

This caught my attention for sure.

So let's say I'm just doing a simple Test E. cycle, if I'm understanding, you would just front load at twice the dose week 1, then lower to 1.5x the dose the next 3 weeks..... and you just keep it at a 4 week cycle and then go back to cruising? Just want to make sure I'm getting right because this had never occurred to me but it sounds really interesting.

Imo the better option would be just perma cruise on as much test as you can be healthy on or ss little as little as you can make gains on and just take 2 weeks off lifting every 6 weeks then restart with about 70 percent of your weights and build back up.

2 6wk sdrol or mtren cycles a year 400mg cruise rest of the year was my plan... But yeah idk Tbh think it's just myostatin not desensitization or anything like that.

I love Seth Spartan but he kind of lost me at the end there.... he basically said to do an oral 4 weeks on, 2 weeks off, indefinitely for the entire 9 months he is on test? Wouldn't this completely destroy your liver and wreck your lipids severely? That's basically a whole year on anadrol he is talking about.

I HAVE considered the perma-cruise. I mean, realistically, not that any of this is "safe", but out of every option, just pure testosterone and nothing else is the safest of all and seems to not desensitize. I did bloodwork after 16 weeks on 500mg of test E., I was scared to death my doc was going to freak out and I was pretty shocked when she said everything is absolutely perfect, nothing on my panels was out of range (i did donate blood halfway through). Lipids, blood pressure, PSA, everything was normal...... it still scares me a bit though, I won't lie.

This caught my attention for sure.

So let's say I'm just doing a simple Test E. cycle, if I'm understanding, you would just front load at twice the dose week 1, then lower to 1.5x the dose the next 3 weeks..... and you just keep it at a 4 week cycle and then go back to cruising? Just want to make sure I'm getting right because this had never occurred to me but it sounds really interesting.

Yeah, I did that several times. I didn't feel as well though, more sides etc. The gains did seem to be the same though as a much longer cycle. My BP got high and things in general weren't too healthy feeling. I stopped doing it because of that.

If your normal dose isn't too big on a cycle, say 500 mg test cyp, then you would be ok probably running 1g the first week and then dropping down to 750 for 3 more weeks. That isn't a really high dose except for the first week. If youre taking 1 g test/wk and 1 g/wk deca then doubling that will pack quite a wallop. I don't recall the doses I was using because its been more than 12 years now. One thing I tried to do it with was Tren enanthate and it made me sick as a dog.

I guess when you get right down to it, none of it is healthy.

Then you would cruise on say 150 to 200 mg/wk test.

Think of it like this:

6 weeks of having a blood pressure of 160/100 (heavier AAS blast)

vs

12 weeks of having a blood pressure of 140/90 (lighter AAS blast)

This is only one health factor to worry about and BP can be controlled to an extent but you get the point.

This is heavily dependent on what you're trying to do on cycle .

IMO, anything under 6-8 weeks isn't very good for gaining any noticeable muscle.
At 4 weeks, you are justtt getting going depending on what you're running. And you think the next 4 you are gonna put on some good mass? Not happening. A pound here and there. Nothing noticeable.

For fat loss, can you diet hard in 6-8 weeks? You definitely can depending on where you are body fat wise. I think that's totally doable.

Under 4 weeks is just a waste for me.
Also, I think most AAS users have no real idea WHY they are using gear anymore. The initial user wants to get big, but by the time you are deep in the game, what's the goal? To just look better? Gain? Lose? If the goal is to look better, you can do that running some TRT doses (maybe with some goodies thrown in during the year) and keeping your diet tight. There are just far too many users just doing a half-ass "recomp" and trying to find the right compounds and how long to blast for. Waste of time IMO.

Google Paul Borresen. He was big on short blasts.

He's the guy that gave me the idea. Thought I would try it. Like I said, I gained about the same strength and size as a much longer cycle but it was hard on my body. Not worth it IMO. I think Paul died.

YA USUALLY FOR ME 10-12 SHORT AND SIMPLE LITTLE STACKS WITH LITTLE BREAK IN BETWEEN WORK GREAT. JUST KEEP THE BODY HEALTHY.

This would be dependent of your goal and whatever aas you have in mind. I’ve ran a few 8-10 week test and tren cycles with great results.

I don't agree with anything beyond 6-8 weeks. Check this study they did on Anavar

https://www.ergo-log.com/oxandrolone6or12weeks.html

I do think some blasts can be run a bit longer though (ex: 500mg test e only)

You are correct, should be not longer than 8 weeks.

I thought about this ye... But the reason isn't really desensitization it's just myostatin.

I did 4wk on/off sdrol and all that for a bit... Then you only Rly make gains while you're on the sdrol/whichever harsh compound you run on /off cuz you lower the dose when you're off etc.

DC had a built in system for that in a sense.

I've thought in a sense doing exactly what you're thinking of

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0024320519303686

When people claim gains stall, its usually diet and training stalling, not the AAS cycle.

People don't increase cals periodically when doing a lean mass cycle, or change training to accommodate and deload.

Each mini cut should last 4-6 weeks, then increase cals for muscle mass growth for a further 4-6 weeks, cruise, repeat.

Look at how Jordan Peters does it, he's mastered it.

When people claim gains stall, its usually diet and training stalling, not the AAS cycle.

People don't increase cals periodically when doing a lean mass cycle, or change training to accommodate and deload.

Each mini cut should last 4-6 weeks, then increase cals for muscle mass growth for a further 4-6 weeks, cruise, repeat.

Look at how Jordan Peters does it, he's mastered it.

Also people equate intra muscular glycogen and water from steroids to muscle gains.

You’re not building a lot of new tissue in 2 weeks and certainly not losing it that fast either during a cruise (which a lot of people think is what happens)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236