over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

EVERYDAY THINGS WE MAY DO TO HINDER OUR BODYBUILDING GOALS

Geardepot

Guaranteed Sponsor
Registered
Sponsors
My training partner has been in a "funk" of late, so after our leg workout last
night and sipping on a post workout smoothie, I asked him what was going on. He said he just had a lot of issues lately going on outside the gym (primarily his girlfriend). When I got home later, I wondered, "What could be some of the most common things we do to hinder our fitness goals"? We may not often realize it, but unconsciously we may hinder or even hurt our fitness progress on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis. At home it could be something as simple as skipping breakfast or eating to fast. At work it you might have a job where you sit too long, or consume too much caffeine or other stimulates throughout the day. In life, perhaps you let negative self talk control your days, setting goals without time lmits, or a general lack or loss of motivation. We have all probably been guilty of a few of these (I know I have) at one time or another. Ifound this article: https://addicted2success.com/success-advice/9-things-that-stop-you-from-achieving-your-goals/ which is an interesting read on 9 things that stop us from reaching our fitness goals. We all know that bodybuilding (in general), is very much a mental game. The mind and body are deeply intertwined.
So I'm interested in what you guys have done that has hindered your progress and bodybuilding goals, and what have you done to make corrections?
GD

If you don’t have the luxury of a good training partner who will push you and bring extra energy to make the workout intensify, then it’s easy to fall into auto-pilot mode. You can fall into doing the same weights for the same reps and end up just going through the motions. Which will yield no new gains.

So I always try to chase the progressive overload principle. I either try to be my last workouts working sets by a more reps or hit heavier weights or do both. By always making sure you’re beating your last workout you’ll find it helps keep the workouts intense because you have a goal to beat your last best. Which takes intensity and energy to do that. Hence no more half ass workouts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have to eat for your goals. And tracking macros is the best way to be sure that you are.

And your goals shouldn't conflict with other goals. Wanting to increase your deadlift and decrease your 10k running time? Good luck with that.:banghead:

This is going to sound contradictory (or maybe not) but for me it definitely was putting too much focus on bodybuilding and not enough on other important things in life. Bodybuilding always goes better for me if I also focus on these other things.

I guess being obsessive about something rarely leads to good results.

If you don’t have the luxury of a good training partner who will push you and bring extra energy to make the workout intensify, then it’s easy to fall into auto-pilot mode. You can fall into doing the same weights for the same reps and end up just going through the motions. Which will yield no new gains.

So I always try to chase the progressive overload principle. I either try to be my last workouts working sets by a more reps or hit heavier weights or do both. By always making sure you’re beating your last workout you’ll find it helps keep the workouts intense because you have a goal to beat your last best. Which takes intensity and energy to do that. Hence no more half ass workouts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True as well.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Elisaac062224
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner