over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Olympia 212 Prejudging

Jackson gets all the hype, well-deserved, for being so good at 49; Elgargni is looking just as impressive at 46.

I saw a pic earlier and posted Derek looked lucky to be in the top 3. After seeing this video he does look much better from the back. He is far too soft though and he seemed to get worse as the show progressed. Kamal is the clear winner from what I have seen.

Derek has by far the best structure but my god. Is he just having trouble staying UNDER the weight?? He has a layer of film...maybe fat over him. Kamal looks to be the winner for me.

Derek has a great structure but MAY not be conditioned and/or has some inflammation from the seo... its one or the other. or maybe both... looks a bit oiled up to me... his width is pretty damn sick but me thinks the oil took away his seperation and details. i dunno...
-F2S

Derek has a great structure but MAY not be conditioned and/or has some inflammation from the seo... its one or the other. or maybe both... looks a bit oiled up to me... his width is pretty damn sick but me thinks the oil took away his seperation and details. i dunno...
-F2S

Most of them use seo. He is just way off. His whole front was washed out. His abs disappeared.

What I cant get over is how the Mr. Olympia winner gets about 10x the prize money as the 212. its a shame it isn't a bit more even. I think the 4th place or even lower placer in the open Mr. Olympia gets as much or more than the winner of the 212. I guess the 212 guys figure they don't stand a chance in the open?

I was having problems finding the breakdown so only have 2013 here:

"TOTAL PRIZE MONEY BREAKDOWN
Mr. Olympia: $675,000
212 Showdown: $65,000
Ms. Olympia: $60,000
Fitness Olympia: $60,000
Figure Olympia: $60,000
Bikini Olympia: $40,000
Men’s Physique Showdown: $20,000
Women’s Physique Showdown: $20,000"

Last edited:
-F2S

Look at the difference now. Most likely misjudged diuretic/water/sodium etc. He is way drier now and everything is gtg. His stomach looks completely different and it's only been a few hours. I need to see the rest but going on now he should win it. Let's see how they judge it because he was really bad before.

Kamal is a real humble guy. Well deserved!

Final results:

1.Kamal
2.Derek
3.Shawn

What I cant get over is how the Mr. Olympia winner gets about 10x the prize money as the 212. its a shame it isn't a bit more even. I think the 4th place or even lower placer in the open Mr. Olympia gets as much or more than the winner of the 212. I guess the 212 guys figure they don't stand a chance in the open?

I was having problems finding the breakdown so only have 2013 here:

"TOTAL PRIZE MONEY BREAKDOWN
Mr. Olympia: $675,000
212 Showdown: $65,000
Ms. Olympia: $60,000
Fitness Olympia: $60,000
Figure Olympia: $60,000
Bikini Olympia: $40,000
Men’s Physique Showdown: $20,000
Women’s Physique Showdown: $20,000"

Im looking at my schedule

Mr. Olympia: Not Posted
212 Showdown: $90K
Classic Physique- $50K
Ms. Olympia: $
Fitness Olympia: $95K
Figure Olympia: $95K
Bikini Olympia: $95K
Men’s Physique Showdown: $63K
Women’s Physique Showdown: $80K

IMO Classic and MPD dollars are INSULTING..... ESPECIALLY Classic Physique....

Last edited:

Classic Physique- $50K

I couldn´t believe it when I first saw the numbers but I gather your source must be correct, that is a huge spit in your face & fuck you to those competing in Classic and Men´s physique. I really like the Classic Physique category but those guys get properly shafted when it comes to prize money FFS!

Arnold Classic 2019 Classic Physique Results & Prize Money:

George Peterson, $5000
Steve Laureus, $2000
Courage Opara, $1500
Keone Pearson, $1000
Khaled Chikhaoui, $1000
Rickey Moten, $500

Olympia 2018 Classic Physique Results & Prize Money

Breon Ansley, $20,000
Chris Bumstead, $8,000
George Peterson, $4,000
Henri Pierre Ano
Arash Rahbar
Dani Younan
Steve Laureus
Regan Grimes
Terrence Ruffin
Courage Opara

Look at the difference now. Most likely misjudged diuretic/water/sodium etc. He is way drier now and everything is gtg. His stomach looks completely different and it's only been a few hours. I need to see the rest but going on now he should win it. Let's see how they judge it because he was really bad before.

or his coach told him to go to mickey d's 5 days out. go look at his Instagram lmao, getting trolled hard

I met Kamal about 15 years ago I actually think he looked better then, for me bodybuilding is going in the wrong direction a bit more each year.

Classic Physique- $50K

I think Shawn Ray mentioned the Olympia winner gets something like $400,000, for 1st place.

Classic Physique- $50K

I wonder what the 1st place Mr. Olympia pays now? It must be up around $800,000 now. Seems the 212 came up a bit more proportionately but is still way too low IMO. I thought the IFBB did away with women's bodybuilding? Is there even a Ms. Olympia now?

Classic and physique really are quite low for the biggest contest on earth. Women's prize money has come up a lot, and I think that is good.

Maybe as time progresses the other men's categories will become even more popular and the bodybuilding cash will start to be redirected to the other categories. I would think it is all fan driven?

I wonder what the 1st place Mr. Olympia pays now? It must be up around $800,000 now. Seems the 212 came up a bit more proportionately but is still way too low IMO. I thought the IFBB did away with women's bodybuilding? Is there even a Ms. Olympia now?

1st place in men's open was increased to $400,000 just 2-3 years ago. I don't think it's changed since.

IFBB still has women's bodybuilding, but not at the Olympia. The Wings Of Strength group are the main ones promoting it and they basically put on their women's bodybuilding Olympia last week in Phoenix.

Nobody should be surprised at the prize money. This is far from a mainstream sport - it doesn't even get casual fans for its biggest event of the year, and think of how many non-football fans watch the Superbowl, non-wrestling fans watch WrestleMania, etc. Yeah WWE's popularity has been falling off bad the last few years, but they still fill a football stadium every year for WrestleMania.

Neither the athletes or the Olympia organization do enough to get mainstream interest or sponsors. The Olympia organization doesn't even have a YouTube channel to promote stuff which is mind-boggling in 2019. The sport has always been behind the times and doesn't show signs of catching up.

It'll be very interesting to see how The Rock's event goes next year given talk of mainstream sponsors like Under Armour and more substantial prize money.

1st place in men's open was increased to $400,000 just 2-3 years ago. I don't think it's changed since.

IFBB still has women's bodybuilding, but not at the Olympia. The Wings Of Strength group are the main ones promoting it and they basically put on their women's bodybuilding Olympia last week in Phoenix.

Nobody should be surprised at the prize money. This is far from a mainstream sport - it doesn't even get casual fans for its biggest event of the year, and think of how many non-football fans watch the Superbowl, non-wrestling fans watch WrestleMania, etc. Yeah WWE's popularity has been falling off bad the last few years, but they still fill a football stadium every year for WrestleMania.

Neither the athletes or the Olympia organization do enough to get mainstream interest or sponsors. The Olympia organization doesn't even have a YouTube channel to promote stuff which is mind-boggling in 2019. The sport has always been behind the times and doesn't show signs of catching up.

It'll be very interesting to see how The Rock's event goes next year given talk of mainstream sponsors like Under Armour and more substantial prize money.

Yeah, I think you are right. https://spotmebro.com/lifestyle/mr-olympia-2017-prize-money/

That page I found on the web made it look like first place paid over $600,000. Maybe that was the whole contest total winnings for 2013.

So 212 pays about 1/5 of that of the open contest.

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner