Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
Breakfast....

1 tbsp coconut oil
6 free range eggs
1 cup spinach

In an omelette...should I cook spinach into egg batter? Or just throw it in the omelette when its ready to fold?

If I eat the eggs over easy, should the spinach be cooked even if it is eaten on the side?(or just eat a cup of it raw?)

Thanks

I wilt mine down with a little diced bellpeppers , then add it to the omelet with a little cheese before folding it closed.

Adding it to the omelet fresh certainly wouldn't hurt maybe just add a little crunch

You could spread the spinach out on a plate (a bed) then lay your fried eggs down on top of it the heat from the eggs will likely wilt it some and it'll get covered with the yolks as you eat them so it'll help "sop up" some of that yummy yellow goo

I also wilt the spinach. Just a touch (1tsp or so) of water in a pan with the spinach is all it takes.
Then about half-way through the cooking, I spread the spinach out. Gunsmith mentioned cheese, I like to use Feta with the spinach.
Best of luck and enjoy!

For ease of storage/shopping I buy frozen organic spinnach and throw it in the egg batter about a minute after the eggs start frying in the coconut oil, then fold it all over with some sriracha squirted in for flavor

Like the above, I would buy frozen spinach and break into smaller pieces.

Cook the frozen spinach up to 80 % cooked in a microwave.

Discard water from the spinach.

Cook the egg and when is the egg is half done. Add spinach.

This would speed up cooking time.

I add coconut oil to the pan. Crack the free range organic eggs into the pan. Let them cook a bit. Then sprinkle the fresh spinach on top and flip. That way the spinach is cooked for half of the time. Keep heat low so the spinach doesnt burn.

Gunsmith and the rest, sounds awesome. I used to cook in kitchens in New Orleans. All I've read in this area of board sounds very good and everyone has a spin on keeping things interesting, very important IMO. Depends on how you like things, cooked, wilted, raw... the more "uncooked", the more nutrient kept. Assuming the food is fresh when you get it. I've always heard 51% raw, 49 % cooked. Like bell peppers and onion, garlic - in NO they cook them to death. I have been using old recipes and adding the trinity twice, a little at first to build flavor and the rest at the end for crunch and nutrient.

My .02

Breakfast....

1 tbsp coconut oil
6 free range eggs
1 cup spinach

In an omelette...should I cook spinach into egg batter? Or just throw it in the omelette when its ready to fold?

If I eat the eggs over easy, should the spinach be cooked even if it is eaten on the side?(or just eat a cup of it raw?)

Thanks

This is what a Chef do! When it comes to spinach I use baby spinach. I put some olive oil and just before it gets hot I put the spinach in and sautéed it and tossed it and then strain it and then I cut it shredded. Clean the fry pan and then put oil in and when it is nice and hot, put the egg mix in and when it just start to set a little, put the spinach in and mix it a little and gently and then it will set and cook the eggs like omelets!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131