over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Medium Rare Steak for Lunch

neophyte

Registered
Ok, fish and chicken are no problem. But I like hot medium rare steak. Does anybody know how or how much to pre-cook a steak which can be put into a tupperware type sealable container, and reheated later so it is warm to hot and medium rare using a microwave oven? I usually eat 4-6 oz. What thickness and cuts of beef work best?

When reheating steak in the microwave, the trick is microwave power more than how the steak is pre cooked. Every microwave is different and you will obviously need to undercook the steak a little, but using VERY low power for MUCH longer periods is the ticket. And breakfast cut steaks are the best IMO.

Seriously meat in the microwave taste like rubber. Chicken is ok for micro but read meat no. Personally I am not a big fan of microwave.

I agree. But if you want hot red meat during the day sometimes you just have to work with what you got! Wet cooking methods are also better for red meat. E.
G. Making stews and whatnot.

Can you buy a toaster oven and put it somewhere? That's what I use. While leftover meat is not the greatest a toaster oven doesn't dry it out nearly as much as a microwave. Plus I personally think microwaves are terrible in general anyway.

I use my rod heater oven at work all the time to heat up my meals. I guess there is some benefits to being a welder:)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

i cook mine relatively rare in a nice hot cast iron skillet. about 4 minutes on each side. let rest on cutting board for ten minutes or so then i slice it and put it in a tupperware. reheat at about 60 percent power in the microwave and it comes out a nice medium rare

for lunches i slice mine up and eat it cold. i cant stand reheated steak!

i cook mine relatively rare in a nice hot cast iron skillet. about 4 minutes on each side. let rest on cutting board for ten minutes or so then i slice it and put it in a tupperware. reheat at about 60 percent power in the microwave and it comes out a nice medium rare

Cooking at reduced power is key I think. Most people try to reheat it at full power and then it tastes like shit

Wrap it in aluminum foil and drive your vehicle around for a few miles. Then park and leave truck running, pop the hood and place steak on top f your engine block, wait 5 mins and flip for another 5 mins! Lol

I eat steak everyday. Reheat just fine in the microwave. It was a lot of trial and error to get it just the way I like it. For every cut steak I have a precise way to cook it so it's just the way I like. For example, London broil marinated in a balsamic vinegar type marinade for 24hrs to tenderize the meat and then I cook on a preheated med-high heat for 2min each side and then cook on 325 for 17 min. Let sit for 5 min and slice. Comes out med and stays juicy and tender all week. Ribeyes a little different. Just salt. I go close to high with heat and cook 4 min per side. Only turn once. If it's a little thicker I wrap it in tin foil for a few minutes. That's med. Always bring your steaks to room temp before cooking.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131