over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Swai!

Knight9

Featured Member / Verified Customer / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
This white fish is growing in popularity it seems in bodybuilding diets. Finally people finding an alternative to tilapia....a MUCH BETTER alternative. It doesn't stink up the house and it tastes like whatever you season it with. What are your favorite ways to make swai? BigChef....and others...looking forward to procedures/recipes.

Ah swai fish, here in Australia we called them Basa fillets. Cheapest fish of them all. I have made many recipes using the Swai/Basa fillets! Its quick to cook too!

I will give you a simple recipe!

Grilled Swai/Basa with Fresh Salsa!

juice of 1 lime
1 avocado, chopped
1/2 punnet grape tomatoes, sliced
1 Lebanese cucumber, halved, deseeded and sliced
125g can super sweet corn kernels, drained
2 tablespoons coriander leaves
1/2 long red chilli, finely sliced
1/2 cup cornflour
2 teaspoons Cajun spice mix
4 Swai/Basa fillet

1.Combine juice with 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium bowl. Add avocado, tomatoes, cucumber, corn, coriander and chilli. Season to taste with salt and pepper and toss gently to combine.
2.Heat a barbecue or grill plate over medium-high heat. Combine cornflour and spice and use to dust the fish. Spray fish lightly with olive oil and cook for 2-3 min each side or until just cooked through.
3.Serve fish immediately with salsa, red potato and lime/lemon etc.

This is one of my fav ways to do my fish and this is my own recipe!

Tumeric
Ground Cumin
Fresh Crushed Garlic
Salt and Pepper
Chopped Fresh Parsley
Juice of Lemon
Olive Oil EVO

This is my favorite marinade for the fish (and chicken). I marinade my fish the day before so it doesn't have that fish smelly but the marinade flavor smell which I really loved.

You can cut the fillet in half on an angle and place the fillets in the bowl. Lets say you are doing 2 fillets. I would put 1/2 teaspoon Tumeric powder, 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin, 1 teaspoon Crushed Garlic, 1 Lemon juice squeeze, 2 tablespoon Virgin Olive Oil, Pinch of Salt and Pepper add Chopped fine parsley last and then mix into the fish fillet gently until all coated in the marinade.
Put in the fridge for few hours or over night. Can put in freezer etc keep up to 3 months.

Just panfriend the fish in grassfed butter for 5 mins each side, or you can baked it in the oven on the greaseproof paper tray for 10-12 mins. I really recommend this recipe and its the one I always use for my fish and Chicken!

Ah swai fish, here in Australia we called them Basa fillets. Cheapest fish of them all. I have made many recipes using the Swai/Basa fillets! Its quick to cook too!

juice of 1 lime
1 avocado, chopped
1/2 cup cornflour
4 Swai/Basa fillet

1.Combine juice with 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium bowl. Add avocado, tomatoes, cucumber, corn, coriander and chilli. Season to taste with salt and pepper and toss gently to combine.
2.Heat a barbecue or grill plate over medium-high heat. Combine cornflour and spice and use to dust the fish. Spray fish lightly with olive oil and cook for 2-3 min each side or until just cooked through.

Just make sure the red chillies are NOT Thai chillies. The red Thai chillies are hot, especially watch the seeds.

juice of 1 lime
1 avocado, chopped
1/2 cup cornflour
4 Swai/Basa fillet

Thanks for the clarification, never heard of Swai, but I have basa fillets. Ill be sure to try these recipes. I don mind basa but always found it a bit blan

I love this stuff, I just spray it with olive oil make a paste out of black pepper corn, lemon juice, red pepper falkes and garlic. Get the grill hot about 6min a side or to how done you like it.

Just make sure the red chillies are NOT Thai chillies. The red Thai chillies are hot, especially watch the seeds.

LoL

this fish is delicious.. so soft too.

i've heard its a disgusting fish though, found in shitty swamps or something like that.. that doesn't scare me away though, i still eat it!

Ive seen it in the store but havent tried it yet

I have been coating it with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and then applying garlic salt, cayenne pepper, and Basil leaves to it. Pan frying 4 min on one side and about 2 on the other and it tastes great!

Is it my imagination or should 8oz of this be MORE than 30g protein? Because...that's all it is!

........8oz of tilapia is about 45g protein! I thought all 8oz meats/fish are about 45-50g protein as a rule! This screws me up because swai is so easy to eat, I figured Id be doing 10-12oz no problem per meal and be getting even more protein in.

Last edited:
this fish is delicious.. so soft too.

i've heard its a disgusting fish though, found in shitty swamps or something like that.. that doesn't scare me away though, i still eat it!

If I'm not mistaken, Swai is a type of catfish that's native to Southeast Asia. I think its referred to as "shark catfish."

So....everything i read on the internet says 4oz is 15g protein. That is also what the bag I bought weeks ago said. Today, I bought new Swai that says each 4oz have 20g protein.

Im going to eat at least 8oz at a time....but seriously what is the deal with the inaccurate/different labeling and the fact that 8oz may only yield 30g protein total!? Maybe its 40....but thats still low compared to something like tilapia etc.

Big Chef?

The reason I am being anal is....I would eat 12oz of it to get 60+g of protein in a meal...but I don't want to eat 12oz to get 45g! Im wondering why this fish may be less protein dense than others....even tilapia!

Last edited:
So....everything i read on the internet says 4oz is 15g protein. That is also what the bag I bought weeks ago said. Today, I bought new Swai that says each 4oz have 20g protein.

Im going to eat at least 8oz at a time....but seriously what is the deal with the inaccurate/different labeling and the fact that 8oz may only yield 30g protein total!? Maybe its 40....but thats still low compared to something like tilapia etc.

Big Chef?

The reason I am being anal is....I would eat 12oz of it to get 60+g of protein in a meal...but I don't want to eat 12oz to get 45g! Im wondering why this fish may be less protein dense than others....even tilapia!

You always get slightly different variation on the net and the label package but I wouldn't get to paranoid over how much exactly in details. If your label package says 30g protein per 8oz, and other info is 12oz is 60g protein, I would just eat extra fish so you get extra protein. Its not going to make or break you or lose muscle or get fat etc. Healthy eating is important that's all it matters!

Grossest fish I have ever tried

This shit tasting fish is actually some-kind of a Catfish. I tried it 1 time and the shit was so gross I threw it away(would not even feed to my dogs, did not want to have to clean up dog Puke all over the house):(:(:(

This shit tasting fish is actually some-kind of a Catfish. I tried it 1 time and the shit was so gross I threw it away(would not even feed to my dogs, did not want to have to clean up dog Puke all over the house):(:(:(
Any type of a Catfish is the nastiest shit-fish there is, Catfish are nasty bottom feeders, they will eat any-fuckin-thing laying dead and rotting on the bottom. If you eat catfish your just asking to get some kind of a parasite or just having to shit and puke your brains out.:D:D:D:D

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131