over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Oatmeal?

chgolatin2

Registered
I've been using regular Oatmeal on most of my shakes, just recently came across a health nut who claims that using Oatmeal without boiling it, not using enough water is bad for your system. He claims that your body has to work harder to digest it, break it down, etc :eek: Don't know how much of his statment is true, but now I am curious enough to inquire.

So whats the verdict on this? I use it daily with all of my shakes... Now I'm a bit concern.... :eek::(

How do you make it without boiling it? I eat steel cut oatmeal.. And can't think of any other way to do it

How do you make it without boiling it? I eat steel cut oatmeal.. And can't think of any other way to do it

I just add the uncooked oakmeal into my blender, grind it with all of my other goodies and drink it...

Well.. I can't say I haven't done that.. But I prefer to cook them up

blend it until its almost like powder. add other favorites and blend it again. otherwise i have to choke it down if i cook it. not because of taste but consistency.

Interesting.. I never blended it till it was almost powder. I would believe that the rate of absorption would obviously be great as a fine power opposed to in its regular state.

I'm guessing you guys are thinking about quick oats which are nothing to digest. I don't really cook them and often put it in my shakes.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

I don't think it would make a difference..if anything they would digest easier blended.
I use my wife's Baby Bullet and grind a whole container at once into powder and just measure out what I need. Works well for me.

I don't think it would make a difference..if anything they would digest easier blended.
I use my wife's Baby Bullet and grind a whole container at once into powder and just measure out what I need. Works well for me.

I also use cream of wheat which is practically a powder.

In a bind for a quick breakfast, I'll add my oatmeal to a shake in the morning with a banana. Tough to swallow at first, but you'll get use to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I personally use the old fashioned rolled oats and though I've tried both ways, I prefer cooked and cold from the fridge. I can cook up a bunch and portion it then just take it out as needed throughout the week just like most of my meals. It adds a nice mouth feel as opposed to uncooked. The uncooked oats tend to irritate my throat and make me cough...like it's a bit of a sandy texture rather than smooth and creamy.

Keep in mind cream of rice has a much higher glycemic index then oatmeal and is more likely to be stored as fat unless taken around the workout window

I would recommend sticking to lower GI sources such as oatmeal

Www.facebook.com/kbrownfitness

Only time I use it is pre-workout meal with protein. I sometimes add a little nut butter (natty pb or almond) to slow it down some.

If we're talking breakfast carbs, I'd lean toward oats too (unless you're trying to go no gluten or something).

Only time I use it is pre-workout meal with protein. I sometimes add a little nut butter (natty pb or almond) to slow it down some.

If we're talking breakfast carbs, I'd lean toward oats too (unless you're trying to go no gluten or something).

On my higher carb days I use cream of wheat in my whey shake in the gym locker room post workout. Maple and brown sugar. Mmmmmm

I used to make granola with a lot of oats. It gave me so much gas that I had to quit. Then I realized that oats are a horse food. They have the digestive system to properly digest oats. Humans do not.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws