over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Questions on Accutane and Multi Vitamins

soloartist56

Registered
I am going to start my first Accutane course and have a couple of newbie questions. Any help is appreciated and welcomed.

1) Since Accutane is a derivative of Vitamin A should I be concerned about my multi having 10,000iu of Vitamin A(beta carotene) ? The multi is Anavite from Gaspari.

2) I eat about 2-3 servings of carrots a day everyday should one stop this on Accutane ?

3) From general consensus to be sure is low dose over a longer period of time better for minimal side effects? (ex: 20mg/day) ?

I have some cysts/boils on my chest that never went away from 2 years ago and its been bothering the hell out of me mentally.

Thank you.

Yes stop the vitamin A. It says that in the warning writeup. Take NAC with it for your liver. Start with the lowest dose. I'm 193 lbs and started with 20mg/2xday and now 4 weeks in take 10mg in the morning and 20mg at night. The instructions say to take twice a day. 4-6 months is pretty standard.

It will dry you up and your skin will clear. Acne might get worse @ 3-6 weeks in so stay on it it works.

Yes, stop taking a multi with vitamin A. Multis are BS anyways....If you think you can get all that stuff in a high grade, usable form and actually have your body utilize most of it, I think you are wrong!

When I started accutane is when I stopped kidding myself and started supplementing with C,D,E.(and more recently all 8 isomers of E instead of crappy alpha tocopherol)

Thanks guys for sharing your experience. What do you guys do while you were taking Accutane for excessive dry skin ? Lip balm ?

Knight9, I am curious what exactly is your vitamin/mineral protocol because from previous threads I read you seem to have done your research on things like these. I remember you had a thread about astaxanthin(I think it was you) and I went ahead and bought a couple of bottles just to try for myself.

Curious, did you start Accutane yet and is it a script or on your own?
I am running it on my own btw.

My lips especially the corners of my mouth dried and cracked at the end of the first week.

Been using aquifor, chap stick and Vaseline on lips. Cetaphil on skin.

I used to shower 2-3 times a day now once is plenty. The Accutane shuts off oil production.

I'm 6 weeks in and now finally the acne is 75% gone. New acne isn't popping up all day long.

do not tan and use sunscreen.

One more thing.

I bought an acne extractor tool. It helps a lot getting rid of existing and doesn't damage the skin nearly as if at all as does squeezing them. If you want a link to one ill find it. Got it at walgreens.

My body got hammered with acne ear the end of my last cycle and I've never had much acne in my life. I feel like I tried all kinds of remedies and nothing worked until Accutane.

Good luck.

Curious, did you start Accutane yet and is it a script or on your own?
I am running it on my own btw.

My lips especially the corners of my mouth dried and cracked at the end of the first week.

Been using aquifor, chap stick and Vaseline on lips. Cetaphil on skin.

I used to shower 2-3 times a day now once is plenty. The Accutane shuts off oil production.

I'm 6 weeks in and now finally the acne is 75% gone. New acne isn't popping up all day long.

do not tan and use sunscreen.

One more thing.

I bought an acne extractor tool. It helps a lot getting rid of existing and doesn't damage the skin nearly as if at all as does squeezing them. If you want a link to one ill find it. Got it at walgreens.

My body got hammered with acne ear the end of my last cycle and I've never had much acne in my life. I feel like I tried all kinds of remedies and nothing worked until Accutane.

Good luck.

Thanks brother for your post. Yeah I am doing 'tane on my own. I got pharma grade generic. I didn't use it yet, its on its way (a week or so). I know what you mean about getting acne end/post cycle. 2 years ago was the first time I tried Tren and that that shit screwed me up with acne galore on my chest. This is all post cycle. I mean it was cyst/boil type. It never went away. It lessened in size but there are still lumps on my chest that is bothering THE HELL OUTTA ME mentally. Whats the point of trying to look good when you are paranoid of taking off your shirt in the summer.

What is the acne extractor tool ? I never heard of it before.

Thanks again brother.

**broken link removed**
I got it at walgreens, but have seen them at cvs and local grocery stores.

I was in the same situation, not 2 years in, but at the end if the of my wits. I hated having my shirt off hated looking in the mirror. It seemed if every pore on my back and chest had a black head ir full on cystic type zit. I wanted to takeva belt sander to it. I even went as far as using glycolic acid and chemicallly melted a few layers of skin off. Helped with scars but the acne came in through the peeled skin. No fun there.

That's the good one above. This one is strong and doesn't break. I've broken others. My wife is a bad ass and will go to work on my back. The deep rooted acne that hurts whether you pop it or not is where the tool shines. It fucking hurts! But the tool gets it over with fast and gets all the junk out. I'll use tea tree oil(full strength) on the popped ones.

It would be worthwhile to get a blood test done if you haven't to check e2 levels.

I'm not to educated on vitamins/minerals. I do take 2g l-lysine, vit e, letchin for skin. Others as well. Always interested in more knowledge on the subject

**broken link removed**
I got it at walgreens, but have seen them at cvs and local grocery stores.

I was in the same situation, not 2 years in, but at the end if the of my wits. I hated having my shirt off hated looking in the mirror. It seemed if every pore on my back and chest had a black head ir full on cystic type zit. I wanted to takeva belt sander to it. I even went as far as using glycolic acid and chemicallly melted a few layers of skin off. Helped with scars but the acne came in through the peeled skin. No fun there.

That's the good one above. This one is strong and doesn't break. I've broken others. My wife is a bad ass and will go to work on my back. The deep rooted acne that hurts whether you pop it or not is where the tool shines. It fucking hurts! But the tool gets it over with fast and gets all the junk out. I'll use tea tree oil(full strength) on the popped ones.

It would be worthwhile to get a blood test done if you haven't to check e2 levels.

I'm not to educated on vitamins/minerals. I do take 2g l-lysine, vit e, letchin for skin. Others as well. Always interested in more knowledge on the subject

That is a good tool. Im going to pick that one up. I can imagine that shit will hurt. I know exactly what you mean by wanting to take a belt sander. lol. We work so hard for a nice physique but cant take off our shirt because of embarrassment. You been a big help man, appreciate it !

Thanks guys for sharing your experience. What do you guys do while you were taking Accutane for excessive dry skin ? Lip balm ?

Knight9, I am curious what exactly is your vitamin/mineral protocol because from previous threads I read you seem to have done your research on things like these. I remember you had a thread about astaxanthin(I think it was you) and I went ahead and bought a couple of bottles just to try for myself.

At the time I was on Accutane in 2010, I used C,D,E. 3-4g C, 5000iu-10000iu D3, and 400iu E 2x a day.

I would not use E anymore...unless it was all 8 isomers(jarrow FamilE)...or tocotrienols (jarrow toco-sorb). Alpha tocopherol is garbage and it is widely used because it is cheap. In high enough doses, it actually retards other vitamin E isomers positive effects.

Vitamin C I would take at 2-4g a day....away from workouts. Personally I would get a 500mg vitamin C with bioflavonoids if I could and combine it with a low dose vitamin B comples (jarrow b-right) and take it 3-4x a day with meals.

Vitamin K, Folic Acid, Fiber I get from avocado.

Id also make sure to take Ubiquinol(8x more effective than coq10), Astaxanthin 4-12mg a day, EPA/DHA of at least 3g total(I would use NOW Ultra Omega or Jarrow EPA/DHA Balance)....and soon I will experiment with 3g total EPA alone per day to see if I notice a difference.

So yea....fish oil, d3, ubiquinol, astaxanthin, tocotrienols, and......
Curcumin.(I prefer bcm-95 kind but have not tried theracurmin)--though I only see one guy pushing it.
ALA and NAC are badass too. ALA I would keep in year round and NAC I would use during or after cycles....or during oral cycles. For orals I would also add in TUDCA and possibly SAMe.
ZMA for Zinc and Magnesium.
Rhodiola and or 5htp for calmness/relaxation/mood.

Id throw in green tea extract, selenium, cinnamon, apple cider vinegar, and possibly baby aspirin for health....but for vitamins I feel C,D,E are the main ones you should focus on when you drop a multi.

Sorry to go off on a tangent but that sums up most of my health supps.

Sorry I forgot the first question. Sounds gay but I worked around a lot of girls in my job and tried Soft Lips chap stick. It helped tremendously. Your mouth and nose will dry up and crack a lot and your cheeks/face will get dry-ish. For that, make sure to get a non-comedegenic lotion like Cetaphil to put on in the mornings. Non-comedegenic means it will not clog your pores. It works wonders. Don't try aquaphor.....THAT SHIT definitely clogs you up which is what you don't want.
From my experience, no need to go over 20mg a day of accutane and run it for 6-7mos. Take NAC, ALA along with it to help.

At the time I was on Accutane in 2010, I used C,D,E. 3-4g C, 5000iu-10000iu D3, and 400iu E 2x a day.

I would not use E anymore...unless it was all 8 isomers(jarrow FamilE)...or tocotrienols (jarrow toco-sorb). Alpha tocopherol is garbage and it is widely used because it is cheap. In high enough doses, it actually retards other vitamin E isomers positive effects.

Vitamin C I would take at 2-4g a day....away from workouts. Personally I would get a 500mg vitamin C with bioflavonoids if I could and combine it with a low dose vitamin B comples (jarrow b-right) and take it 3-4x a day with meals.

Vitamin K, Folic Acid, Fiber I get from avocado.

Id also make sure to take Ubiquinol(8x more effective than coq10), Astaxanthin 4-12mg a day, EPA/DHA of at least 3g total(I would use NOW Ultra Omega or Jarrow EPA/DHA Balance)....and soon I will experiment with 3g total EPA alone per day to see if I notice a difference.

So yea....fish oil, d3, ubiquinol, astaxanthin, tocotrienols, and......
Curcumin.(I prefer bcm-95 kind but have not tried theracurmin)--though I only see one guy pushing it.
ALA and NAC are badass too. ALA I would keep in year round and NAC I would use during or after cycles....or during oral cycles. For orals I would also add in TUDCA and possibly SAMe.
ZMA for Zinc and Magnesium.
Rhodiola and or 5htp for calmness/relaxation/mood.

Id throw in green tea extract, selenium, cinnamon, apple cider vinegar, and possibly baby aspirin for health....but for vitamins I feel C,D,E are the main ones you should focus on when you drop a multi.

Sorry to go off on a tangent but that sums up most of my health supps.

Sorry I forgot the first question. Sounds gay but I worked around a lot of girls in my job and tried Soft Lips chap stick. It helped tremendously. Your mouth and nose will dry up and crack a lot and your cheeks/face will get dry-ish. For that, make sure to get a non-comedegenic lotion like Cetaphil to put on in the mornings. Non-comedegenic means it will not clog your pores. It works wonders. Don't try aquaphor.....THAT SHIT definitely clogs you up which is what you don't want.
From my experience, no need to go over 20mg a day of accutane and run it for 6-7mos. Take NAC, ALA along with it to help.

Sounds like a plan man. Thanks for your input.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
mp18201
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131