over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Retin-A redness and flaking...

PYGMY

Registered
How long did it last for you?

I've searched google and some say 2-3 weeks and others say 6-8.

I've been using Retin-A for a week now and the flaking is horrible. The redness isn't that bad but this flaking is ridiculous. I'm using moisturizer 4-5 times a day and it barely makes a dent. About an hour after applying the moisturizer the flakes are back in full force. It looks likes I dunked my face in a bowl of cracker crumbs.

I can deal with this for 2-3 weeks but I don't think I could handle it for 6-8.

Im on week two, I scrub my face lightly with washcloth to the dead skin off and use straight coconut oil and apply twice during the day seems to be working well.

I am currently using it and don't get any flaking. I started by using it only every other day and then started slowly adding days. I also only apply it at night so there's no sun on it directly post application.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Retin-A is strong and should not be overused.

In this case less is more.

Apply a very thin layer not more often than morning and evening.

You can try it out every other day if once a day is too much. If the skin turns red and flaky decrease your use a bit.

On areas where the skin is thin - use more caution.
I think it's good for acne on thighs, back, shoulders and so on. Useful on your nose for a cleaner skin.
The cream makes you somewhat foto sensitive.
You should avoid sun bathing or at least be more cautious and use sun protection on those areas treated with Retin-A.

The cream wont stain cloth fabrics.

I'll try it on some spot marks I have

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Retin A is fat soluble and therefore daily applications are not necessary for it to work effectively.

Synthetek Industries – Innovative Bodybuilding Products: Syntherol SEO | Human Kyno | L-Carnitine | Liver Protectants | Appetite Stimulators | Vasodilators - www.synthetek.com

I had redness and flaking for about 2 months. Then my skin got used to it.

I had to drop it. I was putting olive oil on my skin in the evening. Baby oil with a heavy cream moisturizer over it in the morning. And then more cream multiple times throughout the day. It just wasn't working well enough to keep the flaking at bay. As soon as I smiled, raised my eyebrows or made any other kind of facial expression the flakes would appear in abundance.

I think I just started out with too much too soon and too strong of a concentration. I may try again someday since I still have 3 tubes of the stuff but if I do I'll begin much more conservatively and watch closely for the beginning of flaking.

On the bright side though all that flaking removed A SHIT TON of dead skin leaving me with pretty nice skin that lasted a couple months or so. It was kinda like getting some microdermabrasion or something.

Even though your used to it you still don't need every day applications. The fat soluble nature of the vitamin A will remain in your skin for 24 hours. This way you can use another product one night and retin A the other.

Synthetek Industries – Innovative Bodybuilding Products: Syntherol SEO | Human Kyno | L-Carnitine | Liver Protectants | Appetite Stimulators | Vasodilators - www.synthetek.com

What concentration are u using--.1% or .05%?

Last edited:
The concentration spans from .01% to .1%.
.01, .025,. .05 and .1 are the 4 available.
I would like to add that vitamin C is required to create collagen. Retin A will tell the receptors to produce collagen but a topical Vitamin C product should be applied in the next evening. Alternate evenings. Also Retin A thins the skin so you will become more sensitive to the sun, so a broad spectrum sunscreen is required in the morning.

The concentration spans from .01% to .1%.
.01, .025,. .05 and .1 are the 4 available.

I would like to add that vitamin C is required to create collagen. Retin A will tell the receptors to produce collagen but a topical Vitamin C product should be applied in the next evening. Alternate evenings. Also Retin A thins the skin so you will become more sensitive to the sun, so a broad spectrum sunscreen is required in the morning.

Synthetek Industries – Innovative Bodybuilding Products: Syntherol SEO | Human Kyno | L-Carnitine | Liver Protectants | Appetite Stimulators | Vasodilators - Synthetek Industries - Innovative Bodybuilding Products

Regarding the concentrations, the reason I asked the OP what concentration he is using is because he might be able to avoid the redness and flaking by switching to a lower dose.

Didn't know about the Vit C, tho. Is there any reason you couldn't apply both nightly instead of alternating? My dermatologist told me that you can apply the retin-a with a moisturizer, so just wondering if there is a reason not to use a retin-a and a moisturizer with vitamin C together.

Because retinol, retinoic acid and the like don't need nightly applications to be effective. More is not always better. Give your skin a break on the alternate night and improve the retinoic acid efficacy by applying a higher percentage every other night than you would have if you applied it every night.
Google the subject matter. That is C and collagen and retinoic acid.

Albert Kligman, MD made significant headway in the study of retinoids. Look at his research.

Because retinol, retinoic acid and the like don't need nightly applications to be effective. More is not always better. Give your skin a break on the alternate night and improve the retinoic acid efficacy by applying a higher percentage every other night than you would have if you applied it every night.
Google the subject matter. That is C and collagen and retinoic acid.

Synthetek Industries – Innovative Bodybuilding Products: Syntherol SEO | Human Kyno | L-Carnitine | Liver Protectants | Appetite Stimulators | Vasodilators - Synthetek Industries - Innovative Bodybuilding Products

Albert Kligman, MD made significant headway in the study of retinoids. Look at his research.

Thanks, I'll look into it.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Peterwilliam
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner