Talk Live To IFBB Professional BodyBuilders And Athletes About Steroids, Nutrition And Training
ŠALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2002-2019
Automatic Translations (Powered by Google, Microsoft& Apertium):
Arabic Bulgarian Catalan Chinese Czech Danish Dutch English Estonian Finnish French German Greek Haitian Creole Hebrew Hindi Hungarian Indonesian Italian Japanese Korean Latvian Lithuanian Norwegian Polish Portuguese Romanian Russian Slovak Slovenian Spanish Swedish Taiwanese Thai Turkish Ukrainian Vietnamese

Talk Live To IFBB Professional BodyBuilders And Athletes About Steroids, Nutrition And Training  

Synthetek Muscle Building And Fat Loss Products         Synthetek Muscle Building And Fat Loss Products
Synthetek Muscle Building And Fat Loss Products         Synthetek Muscle Building And Fat Loss Products
Cheapest Supplements Guaranteed         Synthetek Muscle Building And Fat Loss Products

ŠALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2002-2019
Go Back   Professional Muscle > Computer Forum > Computer, Software and Technology Forum
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Buy Needles And Syringes With No Prescription           Buy Needles And Syringes With No Prescription
Buy Needles And Syringes With No Prescription           Buy Needles And Syringes With No Prescription
CHEAP and PURE BULK SUPPLEMENTS           CHEAP and PURE BULK SUPPLEMENTS
PM
Facebook
PM
Youtube
PM Mobile App
(Android)
PM
Pinterest
PM
Twitter
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By maldorf

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-09-2018, 06:36 AM
Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Watch out for the fall updat to Windows 10, 2018

https://www.techrepublic.com/article...ays-microsoft/

Apparently it was bad enough that they took it off the updates, cant even do it manually now thank goodness. This article talks about how it wiped some users' pictures and documents. Some lost thousands of files.

Regardless of what happens, back up your PC before you update. Do a full system image. You have to go into Windows 7 backup to do that, its an option. I haven't seen any other way to do it.
Old 10-09-2018, 07:11 AM
Kilo Klub Member

Send a message via ICQ to saffire Send a message via Yahoo to saffire
thanks for share, i wanted update it today

MAIL: [email protected] or PM
WEB: www.onlythebestaas.com

10% Dicount Code: "Saffire"
Old 10-12-2018, 01:44 AM

another update earlier this week

There was a small security update early this week and I installed that with no problems, the fall update appears to still be held back after this initial failed release.

On the Windows 10 Pro OS you are able to go into updates and I think it is under advanced set it so you can delay update for up to 360 days and other updates 30 days or so. I set those as late as you can so that when it comes back out I will wait awhile before I jump in. Better to let the rest of the public be guinea pigs.
saffire likes this.
Old 10-15-2018, 05:00 AM
Newbie Registered Member

I have no problems with it.
Old 10-15-2018, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by felixx View Post
I have no problems with it.
That is good. You installed the Fall Update before they took it down? How did you do it? Off the Microsoft site manually or did you just have Windows do it automatically? From what I have read, many of the issues came up for those that did it manually. Don't know if there is anything to it. Some guys on Steam were complaining about a drop in gaming performance on their machines.
Old 10-16-2018, 05:09 AM
Newbie Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maldorf View Post
That is good. You installed the Fall Update before they took it down? How did you do it? Off the Microsoft site manually or did you just have Windows do it automatically? From what I have read, many of the issues came up for those that did it manually. Don't know if there is anything to it. Some guys on Steam were complaining about a drop in gaming performance on their machines.
Maybe its working good because I don't play games
Old 10-16-2018, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by felixx View Post
Maybe its working good because I don't play games
Well, the really big thing that made them take it offline was how to deleted some users' pictures and documents. Serious problem there. People lost years of pictures. They probably should have had them backed up, but doing an update shouldn't erase that. In at least one case the pictures weren't even on the main drive with windows (C), they were on a secondary hard drive. It is almost as if it sought out the pictures and erased them.
Old 10-19-2018, 08:55 AM
Newbie Registered Member

I hate windows ten, Im still using 7 on a brand newly built computer LOL
Old 10-19-2018, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by altered_genes2 View Post
I hate windows ten, Im still using 7 on a brand newly built computer LOL
Ive been quite happy with it, other than I don't really like the way it forces updates on you. I now have mine set to stop updates for a few more weeks. I want to be sure the new fall update has been debugged more.
Old 12-20-2018, 03:17 AM

Anyone downloaded it lately?

Im still putting my pcs on hold, at least the ones I can. My daughters have two laptops that aren't WIndows pro so you cant hold off updates.

None of our pcs has even showed the fall update as being available, which is fine with me. It looks like maybe Microsoft still has the update offline because of the issues it had earlier. I haven't checked online to see if you can manually download it. I just use the auto feature in Windows 10.

So has anyone installed the 2018 Fall Update recently, since I started this thread?
Old 12-20-2018, 07:48 AM

If there was a problem, you'd hear about it, the vast majority of people are auto installing all updates are have zero issues, myself included on all 4 devices running win10.
Old 12-20-2018, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaladryn View Post
If there was a problem, you'd hear about it, the vast majority of people are auto installing all updates are have zero issues, myself included on all 4 devices running win10.
Well, there was a huge problem if you look back to my original post, there is a link. Big issues.

If yours is on auto and you really don't pay attention, I am willing to bet that if you look at the history page of your updates you may not see the 2018 fall update listed. They took it down early because of all of the problems and I think that it isn't back up yet. Chances are you don't have it yet, and that is a good thing.

If you look and see you have it, come back and let us know.
Old 12-20-2018, 07:59 AM

another article

https://ebraiter.wordpress.com/2018/...l-2018-update/

BSOD and other awesome maladies
Old 12-28-2018, 05:40 AM
Registered Member

Once you go Mac you never go back
Old 12-28-2018, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69cyclerider View Post
Once you go Mac you never go back
Are their OS updates really less buggy than Microsoft's? Im talking about their desktop PCs, not phones. I owned an Apple IIe back in the 80s and it was great for its time. The Apple PCs today have just about no game software available. Pretty much kills it for me.
Old 12-29-2018, 01:13 AM
Registered Member

I use a MacBook pro ( laptop) at home and never experience a problem with the updates. It's a 2011 model and still rocking, although wifey bought me a new one for Xmas. Gaming wise I haven't a clue on that front.

Oh, I can't stand their phones, so I use an Android.

Last edited by 69cyclerider; 12-29-2018 at 01:14 AM.