over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

O/T Those of us that take pride in our cell phone choice.[Eyeing Galaxy Note 3]

Knight9

Featured Member / Verified Customer / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
I have been a Verizon customer for a very long time...and had this damned Droid X(which deep down I love for lasting me so long) for 3.5 yrs. It's a Motorola and built from metal(not plastic) so it has withstood the rigors of being dropped hundreds of times and everything else phones get exposed to. In the last several days, it has been rendered almost inoperable.. It freezes, reboots, and turns off 75% of the time when a button is pushed. It will also enter a seemingly endless boot loop where it keeps booting up and re booting but doesn't actually turn on. This continuous boot has lasted upwards of 12-15hrs a couple times.

However, even when times seemed grim....this damn phone will turn on right when Im ready to spike it on the pavement. However, I'm afraid to use it much or push the buttons on the bottom because it may freeze again.

Anyways, I have my mind set on the Samsung Galaxy Note 3...
Even being a longtime Verizon customer its 299.99 with a new 2 yr contract. And what the hell is this $30 upgrade fee. For the love of fuck....I STILL HAVE AN OLD PLAN WITH UNLIMITED DATA...

So not only do they want 299.99 and a 2 yr commitment, but a $30 upgrade fee, a NEW PLAN that is slightly more expensive and LIMITS my data use(2gb). I'm starting to wonder what are the perks of being a customer again?

Add to that I can go on Amazon.com and get it for 249.99. But if I wasn't a Verizon customer it has been listed between 139.99 and 199.99. I just dont get it. I'd figure staying with a company and showing loyalty would get you more?

Anyways, sorry for the rant...just looking for some insight. I'd love to keep my current plan, but I'm not even sure if I can buy the phone outright for $699 and keep the plan. What phones do you guys have? Im not simply asking you to list the cell phone you have- but if you really are into this stuff and researched it and really went after the one you want- I'd like to know which you picked and why. Also your opinions on the above rant, and lastly the Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

Thanks bros!

I got the Note 2 about a year ago and I love the bigger screen and the almost never ending battery.
As you correctly stated you will lose unlimited data if you get a discounted upgrade. Your only two options are to pay full retail for the phone. Or if you have a family plan and any other phone has an upgrade due you can move that upgrade over to your line and get the discounted rate and not lose unlimited data.

Got the note 3. (The European model with snap dragon processor). Best phone I've ever owned. Screen, battery life, responsiveness, all in a class of its own. Makes my old s3 seem like a toy.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

I have the Note 3 too.

I looked first, before N3 come out, to the S4 but i was not satisfied, i wanted something a little bigger and with more performance. Eventually the Note 3 was announced and ... well, i had to have it.

I wanted a bigger screen, mainly for browsing the web, better hardware/performance, and the pen is very nice too. On top of that the phone looks very good.

You should try the Note 3, because it's kind of big for some people. You can't really type with one hand comfortably, like everyone can with a 4-5" phone. For some that's a big inconvenience. And if you use tight jeans, with small pocket, that's probably a problem. I never had that experience with mine, but i know some people have "complaint" about that.

Samsung will launch the new S5 in April, apparently, i imagine with KitKat (latest Android version), better hardware, smaller then N3, etc. If you can wait a little longer, that's probably a good bet too.

Can't help with the Verizon thingy, i'm from Europe.

Yes, i waited all this time to make my first post. :D

Last edited:
I got my Note 3 for Christmas. Best phone I've ever owned. It's bad Ass (especially for watching youtube videos)
Strongly recommend!

You know for someone who always gets on people for posting too much, you sure do make a lot of threads....

I got the note 3. It's bad ass huge upgrade from my iPhone 4. You won't be disappointed. I have small hands and I still enjoy the big screen, it really depends on what you're looking for in terms of size. Can't help with Verizon I'm in Canada

Bell Canada gave me 75$ off my phone with free activation (been with them for 6years) the phone was actually 47.99 with 2years contract at costco during the boxing day. I got the extended assurance (safe for 3years in total) for 50$ and a otterbox case in sale for 22$. In total I got 60$ out of my pocket for all this. Best deal I ever made on a cellphone.

Last edited:
I jumped from Att for the same bs. TMobile has o down on the note3 and s4. The note3 is basically a larger s4. I love my S4 but may upgrade to the Note3...with tmobile you can upgrade every 6 months.

I have the note 2 and love it! I know people that have the 3 and ive played with it some. It seems to be a little bigger and has a faster processor. Its a great phone and I strongly recommend

I still have an iPhone 4 and I'm in the same boat as you OP. I've had it about 3 years and still have unlimited data. They keep calling me to switch and I keep telling them no. I've never owned a samsung personally, but my buddies have them an there is always a problem. I'll be talking to them and their phone will just shut off. Then it takes forever to reboot. They haven't even had them long. I know the droid OS is nice and a lot of people love it, but I like things that are reliable. Any other phone I've had needed to be replaced within a year. I've dropped this thing many times with no case, I carry it at work and it gets beat up and the only complaint I have is it's getting slow with all the new IOS updates.

Wait, if you still have the unlimited data DO NOT GIVE IT UP. You would be out of your mind if you do so.

It'll be forever before those ever come back and if you ever start using google music or anything those will eat your data.

NEVER upgrade in the stores, EVER! They work on commission and they don't cut deals. Call Verizon customer service and ask for a deal, be nice, and ask them to wave the upgrade fee and all that and they will do so. Your phone will be shipped to you over night or 2 days and you can start using it without any issues.

Wait, if you still have the unlimited data DO NOT GIVE IT UP. You would be out of your mind if you do so.

It'll be forever before those ever come back and if you ever start using google music or anything those will eat your data.

NEVER upgrade in the stores, EVER! They work on commission and they don't cut deals. Call Verizon customer service and ask for a deal, be nice, and ask them to wave the upgrade fee and all that and they will do so. Your phone will be shipped to you over night or 2 days and you can start using it without any issues.

This! This is what I was hoping to hear. So I should buy the phone fir 600-700 and keep unlimited data? My plan runs me about 100/mo. Upgrading to a 2gb limit is 110...

Verizon store cust service was SHIT yestetday. Dont get me started. You're exactly right.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

You know for someone who always gets on people for posting too much, you sure do make a lot of threads....

Fuck off? I make posts that get views and drum up plenty of good conversation. Maybe you would approve if I went to Emeric's thread and posted 1,327 questions about every little trivial thing..
Besides, I only get on people post whoring their way to 50 or just bringing zero substance with their rapid fire postings.

Fuck off? I make posts that get views and drum up plenty of good conversation. Maybe you would approve if I went to Emeric's thread and posted 1,327 questions about every little trivial thing..
Besides, I only get on people post whoring their way to 50 or just bringing zero substance with their rapid fire postings.

I think it was just a joke.

Note 3 was just too big for me. I have a 7" tablet if I want to watch something on a lil bigger screen, a laptop for a little bigger than that, or stream it on the TV is what usually happens. I like my S4. Beautiful screen, very light, super fast, every app works for it...basically does it all for me. Note 3 doesn't fit in your pocket either, so you always have to carry it or put it on a belt clip. That's not really my thing.

As for your Verizon issue. Definitely keep the unlimited data if you have the cash to pay full price, will actually use a good bit of data. You'll use a lot of data if you start hitting youtube, streaming music, or stream like netflix.

Note 3 was just too big for me. I have a 7" tablet if I want to watch something on a lil bigger screen, a laptop for a little bigger than that, or stream it on the TV is what usually happens. I like my S4. Beautiful screen, very light, super fast, every app works for it...basically does it all for me. Note 3 doesn't fit in your pocket either, so you always have to carry it or put it on a belt clip. That's not really my thing.

As for your Verizon issue. Definitely keep the unlimited data if you have the cash to pay full price, will actually use a good bit of data. You'll use a lot of data if you start hitting youtube, streaming music, or stream like netflix.

Oh, I use youtube and stream plenty of bangbros and brazzers previews(LOL). 9-10gb a month on avg. It was way worse before I got tapatalk for this forum a couple months back.

I love my note 3 actually thinking about paying to get out of Verizon contract and just go with Strait Talk $45 a month unlimited everything..,And that's like a sore dick you can't beat that LOL

I love my note 3 actually thinking about paying to get out of Verizon contract and just go with Strait Talk $45 a month unlimited everything..,And that's like a sore dick you can't beat that LOL

I have straight talk with Verizon service and its great. Oh, remember when I commented on how much I liked your phone:D

I am kind of on the same boat but I've been loyal to iPhones since the beginning and have never lost money on one as I sell the old one when I upgrade. My eyes are getting worse as I age though and I really liked the Note 3. I will however wait to see what the iPhone 6 has to offer and go from there.

I have straight talk with Verizon service and its great. Oh, remember when I commented on how much I liked your phone:D

Not even sure what straight talk is? However, I'm really becoming 100% convinced I should keep unlimited data.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
mp18201
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity