over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Privacy-Conscious Email Services

pupu

Verified Customer
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
Here is link a friend sent me on most email services..

**broken link removed**

On this page, you will find a listing of various email service providers with specific information around security and privacy.

data isn't 100% accurate and we encourage you to still look and research into a certain service before using it

Last edited:
:yeahthat:

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Here is some more plus info on them please do your research on whatever email you use.

**broken link removed**

https://www.ghostmail.com

**broken link removed**

Just to add this from tutanota.

**broken link removed**

FAQ

General

Why the name GhostMail?

Beside the fact that we offer much more than "just" encrypted email, we chose our name because we think it’s cool and it fits our service of being something very extraordinary. All though we don’t believe in real ghosts, we believe in real privacy and the human right to free and secure communication.

Secure GhostMail vs. other free email providers?

In short, GhostMail is not hijacked, like most other free and paid online service providers. GhostMail offers a significantly more secure, anonymous and private encrypted environment, where files and data are permanently deleted. GhostMail is owned by an independent and non-American company, which does not gather and capitalize on any user behavior, data or preferences. Nor are we selling ads or monitoring your online whereabouts, we are simply not interested in your identity or other personal details. By using GhostMail you are protecting yourself and limiting the risk of a range of E-crimes, mass surveillance and intimidating marketing schemes.

How do I start using GhostMail?

It is easy and free. You can sign-up in less than 1 minute. No programs or plug-ins to download at all. Don't forget to invite your friends and business contacts.

How concerned should I be about protecting my communication?

It's so easy to intercept digital communications that even teenagers can do it. Corporate and government espionage, identity theft, extortion, publishing of your personal pictures, unsecure social communities and email providers – most organizations collect your personal data and use them for making money. These are just a few of the risks you face when you’re your communication using conventional emails, which literally are open to anyone who cares to join in. Big brother is watching you for real.

Does the person I wish to communicate with also need to be a GhostMail user?

Yes. GhostMail is based on a highly secure end-to-end encryption solution, so GhostMail must be present on both sides of the communication. This is one of the core elements of our service, which make GhostMail extremely safe and unique, combined with heavy encryption algorithms etc. Meanwhile, a GhostMail user can send outbound emails to 'normal' email accounts like i.e. Gmail. However, attachments are not supported due to security reasons. We always advise both parties to use GhostMail for optimal security and privacy.

It is very easy to invite friends to sign-up for free and start enjoying the advantages of GhostMail secures communication.

What is encrypted Chat?

Our "GhostChat" is a real time chat feature that enables you to chat with your GhostMail contacts. It's fun, quick and instant.
What is encrypted cloud storage (GhostBox)?

GhostBox is 1 GB of free encrypted cloud storage, built into your back office. It’s easy to use, drag and drop, share files and folders. Probably the safest place on the Internet to store, manage and share your data securely with friends and business contacts. What happens in GhostBox stays in GhostBox.

What is encryption?

The word encryption comes from the Greek word kryptos, meaning "hidden" or "secret". Encryption is a way to maximize the security of i.e. an email message or file by, scrambling the contents.

Imagine you are passing a secret note from the back row of a cinema to your friend who sits in the front row. You pass it on and hope no one between you and your friend decides to open your secret note and read the message. This is similar to how non-encrypted information travels on the Internet.

Now imagine placing your note in a heavily secured locked case, that only you and your friend have keys for, and passing this case to your friend. No one can open the case and read your secret note - except you and your friend. Encryption is the online equivalent of a locked case - and only your computer has the keys.

What kind of encryption does GhostMail use?

We use a custom-made proprietary end-to-end encryption system, which contains many complex algorithms and components to keep our users as safe and private as possible. Among others we use 256-bit AES encryption and RSA 2048-bit key cryptography.

How private am I – really?

Your communications are secured with military-grade encryption. Only you (and the recipients you wish to communicate with) can read it. Once it’s deleted it’s gone forever. Furthermore our servers are hosted in one of the world’s most secure and private datacenters. So you are pretty private.
GhostMail doesn’t:

We don’t steal and upload all your contacts and other personal info from your computer

We don’t know anything about you, your online habits or your friend’s online habits

We don’t read your mails etc. (it’s impossible)

We don’t store your IP address

We don’t store your plain password or encryption keys at our servers

We don’t sell any information to others

We don’t have a so-called back door

We don’t care about your whereabouts, profile or anything else (no offense)

Do you keep log files?

No. We have no interest in your data. Only minimal logs are kept for the purpose of making the communication possible in the first place. None of them contains any stuff we can actually read or “spy” on – nor can anybody else.

Do you disclose information to third parties?

No. We have a zero disclosure policy. Please check out or Terms & Privacy page for more info.
Where are your servers located?

Our servers are located in one of the most secure data centers in the World, 30 meter below bedrock in a Swedish nuclear underground bunker. For anonymous notifications and unencrypted outbound emails we use an external service, based in the US. When a GhostMail user is writing to an unencrypted external email address they get a security warning while composing, due to the fact that it will be exiting the end-to-end encryption model. We do not recommend sending to unsecured email providers if you value your privacy.

Does GhostMail guarantee 100% security?

No. There isn't such a thing. Any company or organization that promises this, is not telling the truth. GhostMail creates a significantly more secure, anonymous and private encrypted environment, where files and data are permanently deleted with extreme frequency. The hard and honest truth is, that there is still a fraction of a risk – as with most things regarding technology and human beings. But what we promise our users is, that we always keep GhostMail as safe as possible. At any point in time and we strive to be the most secure communication platform ever available to the public.

Do you use Cookies?

We use a time limited and encrypted session cookie on this website. No persistent cookies or third-party cookies such as Google Analytics are ever enabled on this website. Once the session ends the session cookie is deleted. A session ends immediately when the browser or the browser window is closed, after 15 minutes of inactivity or when the logout button is clicked.

How do you make money?

Good question! We are owned and funded by some very nice (and wealthy) people, who also believe in the human right of privacy and not being spied on. As of now, our services are free and we will always maintain a free version. We do plan to introduce some really cool extra features soon, which is worth paying a small subscription for - and hopefully we then can have our salaries and costs reimbursed one fine day!
Using GhostMail

Why do I not receive some of my incoming emails?

Probably because they are sent from a 3rd party unsecure email provider (i.e. Gmail, Hotmail etc.) and these are not allowed into our servers. GhostMail is an end-to-end service, meaning that in order to maximise your security, both the sender and receiver has to use GhostMail.
Can I use IMAP/SMTP (external email client i.e. Thunderbird)?

GhostMail is built to offer our users the best privacy and security. Hence we don't allow usage of IMAP/SMTP etc. as emails then will be vulnerable in case your computer or smartphone gets compromised.

It seems like I am logged in, but I still can’t access?

You are mot probably logged in on multiple browsers/tabs. Try to log out of all tabs and restart your browser then you should be good to go.
Can I change my username?

No. Your username is your GhostMail address and cannot be changed. If you ever forget it - you need to register a new account.

Can I change or reset my password?

Yes, but only if you know the old one, as we don’t have access to any passwords at all. The update happens directly in your browser. If you forget the password, we don't have the ability to recover it for you. Please always use long and complicated passwords.

Can I get a new password if I forget it?

No. We don’t store any data for security reasons and hence we can’t give you something we don’t have.

How does email auto-destruct work?

GhostMail allows you as the sender, to be in charge of your privacy. When you send an email you can choose if your email shall auto-destruct or not. If you choose to use auto-destruct, simply set the destruction time (i.e. 1 hour) and your email will be deleted 1 hour after it is read. And it will be gone forever. We recommend to always using auto-destruct, when sending sensitive and highly private emails containing for example: Personal photos and ID information, business emails, legal documents, passport copies, medical and health information, information regarding children etc.

Can I get an alert when I have a new email?

Yes. Go into your settings and add your alternative email. Hereafter you will get an discreet notification on this email every time you have a new GhostMail.

Which browser do you recommend?

For best performance and enhanced security, we recommend Chrome, Firefox and Opera. It is important, that you always use the newest and recently updated version of your browser.

What is two-factor authentication?

Two-factor authentication is an optional but recommended feature, which adds an extra layer of security and drastically enhances the security of your account. You might be familiar with two-step verification already i.e. from your online banking services where you are receiving an extra code in order to gain access.

https://www.ghostmail.com/transparency-report

Why a Warrant Canary?

The fight against mass surveillance and forced procurement of details about users is on the rise, especially after the revelation of the "PRISM", "Upstream" and similar programs. We maintain this Warrant Canary in order to be transparent and inform our users.

This is GhostMail’s public information on Transparency & Warrant Canary:

We have received a total of:
0 Applications to access user data
0 Applications were granted
0 Applications were denied

This information will be updated every 3 Months, next time 1 of October 2015.

GhostMail is located in Switzerland and is all about security and privacy. As a leading encryption platform we are committed to always protect the privacy of our users.

GhostMail's architecture and infrastructure is based on the "Zero-Knowledge" principle and hence we do not have access to, or the ability to view your data. We do not store any IP addresses or have any interest in your communications and data - other than securing it.

Being bound by Swiss law, we will only start to consider cooperating, if we receive a valid legal request from the Swiss government or a Swiss court order. As we do not have the ability to decrypt any communications or data, we would only be capable of handing over encrypted data (if the data or messages are not already deleted by our self-destructing technology).

What Is Our Zero-Knowledge Architecture?

Zero-knowledge means that we can't understand or read any of your encrypted data stored on our servers. This particular design makes sure that nothing is sent from your device until it has been encrypted and it is never decrypted until unlocked with your password (or the intended recipients in case of emails and shared files).

The encryption is done on the client side and ONLY encrypted information is passed to our servers. The data is stored on our servers but we have no way of reading it because we don't have access to the keys that can decrypt it.

Your password is the key to everything, so keep it safe and don’t ever forget it. Your password can’t be reset as that would mean we could get access to you data. The keys to your encrypted data are generated in your browser, encrypted using your password, sent to us over an encrypted connection and stored on our servers. These keys can only be decrypted in your browser using your password.

Last edited:
Does the person I wish to communicate with also need to be a GhostMail user?

Yes. GhostMail is based on a highly secure end-to-end encryption solution, so GhostMail must be present on both sides of the communication. This is one of the core elements of our service, which make GhostMail extremely safe and unique, combined with heavy encryption algorithms etc. Meanwhile, a GhostMail user can send outbound emails to 'normal' email accounts like i.e. Gmail. However, attachments are not supported due to security reasons. We always advise both parties to use GhostMail for optimal security and privacy.

It is very easy to invite friends to sign-up for free and start enjoying the advantages of GhostMail secures communication.

Here is another free one.

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
So talk to me about ghost mail you are much more knowledgeable then I am About this stuff in layman terms what do you think about it ?

So talk to me about ghost mail you are much more knowledgeable then I am About this stuff in layman terms what do you think about it ?

It's a no no... I looked alllll into it... It's perfect except for one thing... You can only communicate with other ghost mail members... Well communicate safely.. You can contact other emails like gmail etc. but your emails won't be secured. So it is good for certain things that's for sure but not as an all around basis email imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
It's Not even good for that you cannot email out of ghost mail except to other ghost mail accounts it seems there is no way to be anonymous in emails I think it's stupid the government has so much control over everything you cannot even send a Email without it being read

Last edited:

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner