over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

OT Windows 8

andrew.peplin

Registered
Hey guys has anyone else had a chance to download and install windows 8? I just loaded it up and not sure how I like it.

Let me know your opinions on it :D

You said you just loaded it and why dont YOU give us your opinion.
I moved this to the computer forum!

Yah thanks for moving the thread. I think they overdid it, there is no longer a desktop and the display feels like a gait phone. On top of that constant advertising is going on which makes me feel like I paid for a bill board. Although it does look clean and futuristic and allows for some cool stuff to be performed unlike any other operating system. I guess we will see how the consumers like it, the Socail media apps will probably catch on pretty quick.

one of the main goals of windows 8 was to bring a similar feel to tablets laptops and desktops. making it seem more portable, which was one of their goals.

I like the concept performance wise it is def the fastest windows out there.
should give ipad a run for their money with the tablets now and when the full windows 8 is released.

i dont mind it, but it wont be my dedicated any time soon.

I love my windows 7 and no plans to upgrade to the 8 anytime soon. i dont like the whole tablet feeling they are trying to make it

Is it bad that I still like and run XP?

Windows 8 is a feature update, where Microsoft tries a bunch of new things to see if they stick, and they will refine all of those things for Windows 9. If you are just a casual user and don't need the latest and the greatest I would stick with 7 for now, then reconsider when 9 comes out. You will probably see a push among manufacturers for more touchscreen technology in laptops and also desktops as they try to provide a good Windows 8 experience.

You may want to jump on the Windows 7 bandwagon at some point at least.

I still run XP as well. Ironically I use MSN browser as well as Firefox and I found out that because of XP I cannot update my MSN to MSN 8 until I update my browser.

I didn't know if I should get Windows 7 or 8 or even do them as a virtual PC. Is that even worth it? I definately have to get a new PC though. I have a Dell.

Upgrade to 7 sometime soon, due to the fact that they will discontinue xp in the next year or two.

one of the main goals of windows 8 was to bring a similar feel to tablets laptops and desktops. making it seem more portable, which was one of their goals.

I like the concept performance wise it is def the fastest windows out there.
should give ipad a run for their money with the tablets now and when the full windows 8 is released.

i dont mind it, but it wont be my dedicated any time soon.

Yah I understood what they were trying to do, but it seems like this may be the end of the desktop. Windows 8 is like a tablet for my desktop, no good.

I still run XP as well. Ironically I use MSN browser as well as Firefox and I found out that because of XP I cannot update my MSN to MSN 8 until I update my browser.

I didn't know if I should get Windows 7 or 8 or even do them as a virtual PC. Is that even worth it? I definately have to get a new PC though. I have a Dell.

I would just buy a new computer if you get a chance. Just because it may get difficult running a virtual on an outdated pc, not to mention frustrating.

Last edited:
Yah I understood what they were trying to do, but it seems like this may be the end of the desktop. Windows 8 is like a tablet for my desktop, no good.

I imagine it will just push the desktop manufacturers towards touchscreen input, which seems to be microsoft's intent, with so many critical navigation features tied up in touch, at least on the metro side.

I plan on getting a whole new computer. I wondered that when I do is it worth the trouble to do virtual with both Windows 7 & 8 or should I just stick with one? I am just wondering how much Windows 8 will take off and be a fan favorite and user friendly. This is why I thought about both on one computer.

I am also thinking about my wife because she can get easily frustrated if she can't navigate through the computer.

I plan on getting a whole new computer. I wondered that when I do is it worth the trouble to do virtual with both Windows 7 & 8 or should I just stick with one? I am just wondering how much Windows 8 will take off and be a fan favorite and user friendly. This is why I thought about both on one computer.

I am also thinking about my wife because she can get easily frustrated if she can't navigate through the computer.

I would pick one and stick to it, as they are both very close overall, albeit with the addition of metro in 8. All apps from Windows 7 will run in 8, and everything major in 8 runs in 7. Microsoft is trying to create a new app environment, but you will most likely not see a huge deal of exclusives.

I had a friend through the family tell me to get Windows 7 because he think Windows 8 isn't going to do very well in the long run. I didn't ask him why but I figured it can be no worse than Vista was when it came out. He told me to look for a computer with Windows 7 on it which may be a hard thing to do anyway. I am not sure how irritated my wife will be with having to learning Windows 8 whereas 7 is more like XP.

They should have one dedicated for touch screens and one dedicated for desktops and laptops that are not touch screens. I for one do not like it and will stick with windows 7.

They should have one dedicated for touch screens and one dedicated for desktops and laptops that are not touch screens. I for one do not like it and will stick with windows 7.

I have the Lenovo yoga ideapad ultrabook and Windows 8 feels 'naturAl' with the touch screen. I also have an Asus g75vw gaming laptop and windows 8 feels completely clunky on it so I am 110% in agreement with you

Imo if you have a touch screen like an hp allinone you will love it but with a standard pcnot so much.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I had a friend through the family tell me to get Windows 7 because he think Windows 8 isn't going to do very well in the long run. I didn't ask him why but I figured it can be no worse than Vista was when it came out. He told me to look for a computer with Windows 7 on it which may be a hard thing to do anyway. I am not sure how irritated my wife will be with having to learning Windows 8 whereas 7 is more like XP.

If you are looking for a computer with Windows 7, now is the time to do it. A lot of the stock that manufacturers have right now is Windows 7 that they are looking to get rid of. Combine that with the holidays and you can net yourself some sweet bargains. I just got a new ultrabook with Windows 7 for right around $600 that retails for 1k+.

I'm running windows 8, ubuntu 12.04, and backtrack 5 R3 right now..

Windows 8 is freaking amazing (especially for people that have multiple monitors like me) but people that hate adjusting will hate it.

But if your just surfing the web and use Microsoft office might as well use ubuntu. It's super easy, free, and way safer than anything else out there (not that I get viruses with windows or anything).

Your friend is actually wrong. The rating on it is not bad at all and vista was a trial OS. They made a lot of improvements for business customers and not for home and student customers but when windows 7 came out people were use to the UAC (which was the one of the means reasons people hated windows vista) and everything else came in perfectly.

Don't every try to go against the technology movement because you will not win. Might as well learn windows 8 and go with it because it will be everywhere in no time. The main reason people hate it right now is because there is not a massive start button (even though you can use the windows button, type two letters, and the thing your looking for will come up.

They did that for a reason. Building an operating system costs millions upon millions of dollars. The reason they only made it this way it's because then when people purchase their tablets, Microsoft table, laptop, and anything and everything else that windows will be on then they will already know how to use it so the transition cost for people is bare minimum.

Last edited:
I'm liking Windows 8 so far. Not certain how I feel about metro but I'm sure it can be disabled. I think the biggest advantage of 8 is the price. I have been building computer since the early 90s and have always used cracked OS's. Windows 8 is the first I purchased due to it's low price point. Even if the OS is not what everyone likes, this direction is a huge win in my opinion.

Windows 8 is a feature update, where Microsoft tries a bunch of new things to see if they stick, and they will refine all of those things for Windows 9. If you are just a casual user and don't need the latest and the greatest I would stick with 7 for now, then reconsider when 9 comes out. You will probably see a push among manufacturers for more touchscreen technology in laptops and also desktops as they try to provide a good Windows 8 experience.

You may want to jump on the Windows 7 bandwagon at some point at least.

This is very true. Every other Windows release is for features and the other for stability. I dont particularly like Windows 8 as it takes commercial, corporate and engineering productivity away or at least hinders it. Microsoft has gottent ot the point of releasing an OS every 2 years, whether it be server or client OS versions. I truly believe that setting a definite timeline as they have with all of these is a ploy to simply generate revenue. I believe this line of business thinking produces a sub-par product instead of releasing a product "when it's done". I wont be adopting Windows 8 any time soon and either will my clients as Windows 7 is the best produced so far, in my opinion.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member